View Poll Results: How long do you expect Dan Slott to be the lead/ sole writer of Amazing Spider-Man?

Voters
117. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I expect him to be gone immediately.

1 0.85%
  • Under one year.

13 11.11%
  • Under two years.

27 23.08%
  • 3-4 Years.

47 40.17%
  • 5-6 Years.

9 7.69%
  • 7-10 Years.

4 3.42%
  • More than 10 Years.

2 1.71%
  • He shall write Amazing Spider-Man until the end of time.

14 11.97%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It is jus a paycheck for Slott anyway. He's not a real fan. A real fan would never work for a company that betrays fans that way. A few years from now he'll be working in some other medium and telling people how he was there for the dying days of the comic book. He'll proud of it claiming he gave it a viking death. He'll be laughing at all of us who ever cared for a drawn character owned by a huge corporation that we couldn't influence. "Simps," he'll call us. Then he will go back to scripting whatever reality show has hired him to be a staff writer and go home to his supermodel wife and have amazing multipositioned sex. And he'll get letters from his kids in Ivy League schools and he'll brag about how he dragged the last few dollars out of SPider-man before he become just another guy in costume a disneyworld.

Yes I am laying it on heavy.
    David Bowie fan

Quote Originally Posted by lejayjay View Post
    It is jus a paycheck for Slott anyway. He's not a real fan. A real fan would never work for a company that betrays fans that way. A few years from now he'll be working in some other medium and telling people how he was there for the dying days of the comic book. He'll proud of it claiming he gave it a viking death. He'll be laughing at all of us who ever cared for a drawn character owned by a huge corporation that we couldn't influence. "Simps," he'll call us. Then he will go back to scripting whatever reality show has hired him to be a staff writer and go home to his supermodel wife and have amazing multipositioned sex. And he'll get letters from his kids in Ivy League schools and he'll brag about how he dragged the last few dollars out of SPider-man before he become just another guy in costume a disneyworld.

Yes I am laying it on heavy.
    firstly to stay on topic i think he will stay on for a few years and i hope for a long time love his work.
    How is slott not a true fan? and when did marvel betray all there fans i don't recall a mass protest against marvel
    schmity's evil British Father
    Proud member of the Kitty Litter

real name Thomas Harris no not that one

Quote Originally Posted by Lintu View Post
    when did marvel betray all there fans i don't recall a mass protest against marvel
    That would be the third of the audience who don't buy it any more. Hi! *waves*

Just because Marvel is solipsistic, you don't need to be. :)

I don't think Slott will be doing this gig in 3-4 years. I don't think the current "new" direction lasted out the BND branding and it won't last much longer at all, now that it's rebadged as (what could only be an ironic label) Big Time.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Goldfish View Post
    That would be the third of the audience who don't buy it any more.
    link to proof that a third of the audience left due to "Marvel's betrayal"?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Yeah. BND failed so badly that they did a whole restructuring of the creative force and even brought in a new editor to oversee things.

Almost four years later and people are still grumbling about just a little bit longer.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Yeah. BND failed so badly that they did a whole restructuring of the creative force and even brought in a new editor to oversee things.

Almost four years later and people are still grumbling about just a little bit longer.
    I figure its like the guys that waited for Hal's return in GL (i apologize i cant remember the name or its acronym.). Little bit longer may be in the terms of years and not any minute now. (but hey they got him back, not sure it really had to do with them.... more that john's had an epic story to tell.... still the result was favorable)

To those people: "A dead character came back? The hell you say!"

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Wasn't it HEAT?

-Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    link to proof that a third of the audience left due to "Marvel's betrayal"?
    Yeah, and while you're at it, can you please provide links/proof of all the other tens of thousands comics fans who stopped buying Superman, FF, X-Men, Thor, etc? I mean, Bruce Wayne's return in Batman----easily the most hyped book of the year----barely broke 100,000 copies. How do you explain that?
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

If he keeps hanging out here I'd be surprised if he makes it through the rest of the night.....

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Wasn't it HEAT?
    I believe it was. Thanks man, i felt bad that i couldnt remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Goldfish View Post
    That would be the third of the audience who don't buy it any more. Hi! *waves*

Just because Marvel is solipsistic, you don't need to be. :)

I don't think Slott will be doing this gig in 3-4 years. I don't think the current "new" direction lasted out the BND branding and it won't last much longer at all, now that it's rebadged as (what could only be an ironic label) Big Time.
    how did you come to this third of fans don't buy any more?
    i enjoy the book and so do many others and according to your logic the majority of spidey fans still by it
    schmity's evil British Father
    Proud member of the Kitty Litter

real name Thomas Harris no not that one

Dan Slott = Chuck Austen.

They know they've made a mistake, we know they've made a mistake, and sales are in freefall... but they're somewhat committed to the big lie, the notion that things are going well.

For a while, at least. Austen was shuffled out the door at the first decent interval, I expect that what we'll see here.

Within a year.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say 5-6 years. But I exect the book'll probably shift back to once monthly in that time.

I don't want to jinx him.
    1337 pirates pirating a pirate anime.

Quote Originally Posted by OMAR View Post
    Dan Slott = Chuck Austen.

They know they've made a mistake, we know they've made a mistake, and sales are in freefall... but they're somewhat committed to the big lie, the notion that things are going well.

For a while, at least. Austen was shuffled out the door at the first decent interval, I expect that what we'll see here.

Within a year.
    Aren't we Mr. Cynical.
    1337 pirates pirating a pirate anime.