View Poll Results: How long do you expect Dan Slott to be the lead/ sole writer of Amazing Spider-Man?

Voters
117. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I expect him to be gone immediately.

1 0.85%
  • Under one year.

13 11.11%
  • Under two years.

27 23.08%
  • 3-4 Years.

47 40.17%
  • 5-6 Years.

9 7.69%
  • 7-10 Years.

4 3.42%
  • More than 10 Years.

2 1.71%
  • He shall write Amazing Spider-Man until the end of time.

14 11.97%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How long do you expect Dan Slott to be the lead/ sole writer of Amazing Spider-Man?

We're two issues into Dan Slott's solo run on Amazing Spider-Man. How long do you guys think he'll remain the lead writer of the Spider-Man comics (this allows for this possibility of material from other writers, but Dan Slott has to remain the most prominent Spider-Man writer.)

The options...

He'll leave the book immediately. This is for the cynics amongst you who think books that are currently solicited will have different writers.

Less than an year: This is the option for those of you who think a new writer will be taking over before this time next year.

Under 2 Years: This is for those of you who think he'll be on the title for longer than one year, but less than two. This can still be a respectable 40+ issue run, with the current schedule.

3-4 Years: More than two full years. Four full years or less.

5-6 Years: More than four full years. Six full years or less.

7-10 Years: More than six full years. Ten full years or less.

More than 10 Years: This is for the guys who think he'll be on the book for a full decade starting with ASM 548, if not longer.

The End of Time: And this is for the guys who think Dan Slott will be the sole/ lead writer of Amazing Spider-Man at the end of time, assuming that does not happen within the next decade.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

A fun exercise, Mets! Well,even though we are only two issues in, we can take into account that most of Slott's work in the BND era was among the best-received (other than the horrid Molten Man/Harry Osborn story) as well.

I will go with "3-4 years" as that seems to be the standard 'era' these days; at twice a month, it's also a healthy number of issues (72-96 issues) to hand to one writer. After that time, Marvel seems to like mixing things up and who knows what writer would present himself to them or if they would want to move Slott to another title.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

I think three to four years -- though he really does seem to love the character, so anything's possible.
    Be all you can be.

The D stands for Dennis D. Perez's Avatar

I think a little over 2 years (4-5 years worth of issues if the schedule keeps the same in the hole run)
    In the middle of the night...

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D. Perez View Post
    I think a little over 2 years (4-5 years worth of issues if the schedule keeps the same in the hole run)
    i hadnt even considered the schedule... i think you might be right. I was figuring 2.5 years.... and that would be 5 years worth of once a month stories

Default All

All depends on sales of ASM, his ability to continue meeting deadlines, and his interest. Hard to know how this works out. I'm hoping for amazing sales. :)

I would like to know why someone thought he "would be gone immediately"?

What leads you to that conclusion??
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

was here

Since Dan took over I've enjoyed ASM more than I have since before BND, but I have a feeling it will be about two years before he moves on and someone else takes over for a while.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Until we pry the title from his cold, dead hand. And even then, I expect Dan to cheat death and somehow become a zombie, moaning for more braaaiiiiins as he hunches over his laptop and works on the millionth issue's script.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Hopefully for less than a year and then a pro marriage writer will come in with an epic One of Many Happy Days and Spider-man and MJ will get live happily ever after.
    David Bowie fan

Maybe even have the Fonz gueststar.
    David Bowie fan

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I think you need to go a little higher than the writer for the marriage to get reinstated.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by lejayjay View Post
    Hopefully for less than a year and then a pro marriage writer will come in with an epic One of Many Happy Days and Spider-man and MJ will get live happily ever after.
    From your lips to satan's ears, pal.

BANNED

Hopefully for a good, long time

Well, typically, the average time a comic book writer spends on a series is usually about 2-3 years. And that sounds about right to me (meaning I'd have to vote for 3-4 years). I imagine that, at the very least, Dan Slott would like to be on Amazing Spider-Man until at least issue #700, which, including #648, is a good 52 issues under the current schedule. Unless something happens that makes Marvel have to change the writer and the format yet again during that time, especially as the date for the Spider-Man reboot movie and Spider-Man's 50th Anniversary gets closer.
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton