Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BPRD Hardcover

Should make sense, but you will want to just take it slow. Some events in B.P.R.D. will mean very little to you (or not have the same impact) until you've read upto-and-including Vol 5 (I mean the 5th set of stories, not the 5th library edition) of Hellboy, Conqueror Worm.

EDIT: Update - Just got my pre-release notice for Omnibus 4. Huzzah!
    Last edited by UnravThreads; 11-11-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Should make sense, but you will want to just take it slow. Some events in B.P.R.D. will mean very little to you (or not have the same impact) until you've read upto-and-including Vol 5 (I mean the 5th set of stories, not the 5th library edition) of Hellboy, Conqueror Worm.

My intention is to get the rest of the Library books, but I want to get the in order and at a time vol 2 was not available on Amazon. So I thought of getting BPRD until it's available again. I checked Amazon today and they have vol 2 so if by the time I have the money for it, it's still available I'll get vol. 2 first. Otherwise I'll get BPRD HC 1 first.

Happy reading!

Hi guys i just got BPRD: Russia trade and i have read the Hell on Earth stories before it in other trades. Im wondering which stories,minies do i need to read before catching up the latest Return of The Master stories?

I want to go from trade reading, to reading everything in single issues. Im a slow trade reader when it comes BPRD.

There are many stories it seems and i just want to focus right now on the main BPRD series.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Shipped already. Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Hi guys i just got BPRD: Russia trade and i have read the Hell on Earth stories before it in other trades. Im wondering which stories,minies do i need to read before catching up the latest Return of The Master stories?

I want to go from trade reading, to reading everything in single issues. Im a slow trade reader when it comes BPRD.

There are many stories it seems and i just want to focus right now on the main BPRD series.
    After Russia, all you need before The Return of the Master is The Devil's Engine and The Long Death (both of which will come out in a trade on the 5th of December, only three weeks from now).

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    After Russia, all you need before The Return of the Master is The Devil's Engine and The Long Death (both of which will come out in a trade on the 5th of December, only three weeks from now).
    Thanks for the info and good to know about the trade.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I still only have the first two BPRD hardcovers, but im looking to get the next ones.

I have all the single issues but I like going to the Hardcovers for long reading sessions.

Omnibus 4, you guys. Omnibus 4.

Holy heck.

Ah, it's so brilliant.

Omnibus 4, you guys. Omnibus 4.

Holy heck.
    Holy Heck is right. Next to the Hollow Earth this was my favorite BPRD story, and the reason I decided to get these hardcovers was because I wanted to be able to re-read all three stories back to back with out any interruption.

Other than the awesome story I loved the letter about the Mexican Lobster Johnson show at the end, those inserts in the Iron Prometheus really made that story for me so to see it again made me smile.

Man, has it been a ride or what?

The only down side I can see it that there won't be any more hardcovers in the not so distant future to look forward to.

Indeed. I was hoping there'd be a B.P.R.D.: 1946-1948 omnibus at some point, but since that series is now continuing on into B.P.R.D.: Vampire I don't imagine we'll see anything like that for a very long time. Maybe Vampire will be the first of a new trilogy of books too.
    Last edited by Middenway; 11-18-2012 at 07:02 PM.

They do tie into the Vampire story line so it's a possibility that they could be collected there. It would make as much sense as being collected anywhere else.

I'm still kind of hoping for the Twelve TPB's of Hellboy to be collected in hardcover form, maybe throw in the Abe Sapien stories as well as the tales collected in the Being Human TPB and order all the stories chronologically in 5 big Hardcover Omnibus editions. With a little jiggering I could even see the 4th and 5th volumes being nice bookend volumes for the Plague of Frogs epic.
    mod of r/TheDark, for news and discussion of The Dark line and related titles.

As they're doing the HB Library editions, I don't think that's particularly likely.

My BPRD volumes 1 & 2 just arrived. Those are some nice books. I'll be adding 3 & 4 to the shelf soon. Hopefully Vol 2 of the Hellboy lib ed turns up soon at Amazon.ca as I've had it on order for a month or more...