Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BPRD Hardcover

Agreed. Had mine on order two or three months now, and I'm champing at the bit to get it, especially as it means "closure" on Plague of Frogs and that I'll be able to move on.

Next to the Hollow Earth the Scorched Earth trilogy is probably my favorite BPRD story to date, and while I've re-read my floppies several times now I'm excited to really be able to sit down and read the whole thing from cover to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just preordered the fourth volume, November 20th can't come fast enough.
    It came out today!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Kun View Post
    It came out today!
    Enjoy. That particular arc is damn good.

Unless you've ordered it from a bookstore, as we might have a few more days/weeks to go.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Unless you've ordered it from a bookstore, as we might have a few more days/weeks to go.
    That's the rout I went, though it seems it's coming early as I just got an update that my copy is in the mail and will be here by Wednesday.

Well, you're in the US ;) I'm in the UK, so my copy'll be an import, which is probably why I'm having to wait a little longer.

I got the first Hellboy Library edition, but since vol. 2 is out of print and I want to have the rest of Hellboy in the same format, I was thinking of getting the HC of BPRD until vol.2 of Library etition is available. Would I be really lost? Could someone spoil as little as possible what happens in Hellboy 3-5 that's must-knows for BRPD? I have a feeling that I'm gonna like BPRD better because the moments I enjoyed most in the first Library book were the ones were the BPRD members interacted, not the Hellboy solo moments, which were not bad in any way.

I checked amazon and right now Hellboy Library edition vol.2 is available but I would like to know anyway if I can jump in BPRD without Hellboy. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    I checked amazon and right now Hellboy Library edition vol.2 is available but I would like to know anyway if I can jump in BPRD without Hellboy. Thanks in advance!
    If you've read Hellboy Volume 1, then you already know all you need to basically. The only other think you need to know is Hellboy quits the BPRD. However Hellboy Volume 2 introduces Roger, who is a really big part of BPRD. If that's important to you, you may want to wait until after you've read Hellboy Volume 2. Aside from that BPRD is pretty easy to launch into as long as you've read Seed of Destruction .

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    If you've read Hellboy Volume 1, then you already know all you need to basically. The only other think you need to know is Hellboy quits the BPRD. However Hellboy Volume 2 introduces Roger, who is a really big part of BPRD. If that's important to you, you may want to wait until after you've read Hellboy Volume 2. Aside from that BPRD is pretty easy to launch into as long as you've read Seed of Destruction .
    Thanks! Isn't Roger the Homunculus Liz found in "Wake the Devil"?

I got the first Hellboy Library edition, but since vol. 2 is out of print and I want to have the rest of Hellboy in the same format, I was thinking of getting the HC of BPRD until vol.2 of Library etition is available. Would I be really lost? Could someone spoil as little as possible what happens in Hellboy 3-5 that's must-knows for BRPD? I have a feeling that I'm gonna like BPRD better because the moments I enjoyed most in the first Library book were the ones were the BPRD members interacted, not the Hellboy solo moments, which were not bad in any way.
    If you mean waiting on Hellboy like for a little while, but with going ahead with reading BPRD nonetheless then that would be not too much of a problem. But it might be you would encounter feelings of not getting just everything quite right. Due to not having read everything prior to what you'd be reading.
    By which I'm not saying that such feelings will happen, but they could happen for any not reading everything as published prior to when the book you'd read would have been published.

Any Hellboy-related book is made to read well on its own, just like an Indiana Jones movie or MacGuyver episode, but still it does fit into the whole of it as how it does.

It's difficult to say how difficult or easy it would be for anyone to read BPRD but not Hellboy, because the two titles are sister titles, which may come to collide or fuse together ultimately. The troubles or stuff to investigate as happening for the BPRD might be pointing towards what would be happening with Hellboy. Both as vice-versa.
    Even other titles, such as Witchfinder and Lobster Johnson, might be adding to or shedding some light onto such also.

Any reading to do will be a reading experience, experiences of storytelling, meant for getting experienced personally more rather than getting re-told or laid out through wiki pages or such. Because for stories or complete texts such is what reading would be amounting to.

Because Hellboy's ultimate ending is not yet clear or hasn't come to pass within the title, the title with any other titles will continue, as with affecting eachother or not, until Hellboy does meet his ultimate ending. With potentially no more to follow beyond it.
    As it has been said already that precisely such an ultimate and definite ending is gonna get made.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-11-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Thanks. I'm OK with feeling that there are more to a story as long as the story makes sence even with the lack of this knowledge, like when you jump in an ongoing title.

Thanks. I'm OK with feeling that there are more to a story as long as the story makes sence even with the lack of this knowledge, like when you jump in an ongoing title.
    Oh, then you will be fine. FINE.

Happy reading _onslaught!
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Oh, then you will be fine. FINE.

Happy reading _onslaught!
    Thanks!