Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Millar & Gibbons Team For Mystery Comic

Two of the creators of "Kick-Ass" and "Watchmen" will team up in 2011 for a new comic series that Mark Millar has been hoping for since his teenage years, but the specifics will have to wait until the publicity prime of Kapow! Comic Con.

Full article here.

Aw man, having red son drawn by gibbons would have been awesome.

Would Watchman 2 lure Millar back to DC?

Quote Originally Posted by RunIago View Post
    Would Watchman 2 lure Millar back to DC?
    If they give a small jar of alan moores tears with every copie, it be a hit.

"I wrote to him when I was in high school suggesting we team up on a Shazam project,"

I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing Shazam. Well, if Millar would go back to DC. Or if DC would give it to him. Okay, I would be kind of surprised.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Green Lantern, GLC, GL: New Guardians, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Inc, Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Dial H, Animal Man, Frankenstien, Earth-2

The fact that he said "run" leads me to believe that it is an established character and not a creator owned project. My guess is either Superman or Miracle Man, but if I had money beside my own to bet, I would go with Miracle Man.

Millar and Gibbons team together to create the Kick Ass / Watchmen crossover no one asked for; In 2011, beware the Peeping Toms of "Watch-Ass!"

Man, can't believe I'm going to do this... for an earlier version of this story... eighteen months ago...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/06/...omic-together/

Man! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    Millar and Gibbons team together to create the Kick Ass / Watchmen crossover no one asked for; In 2011, beware the Peeping Toms of "Watch-Ass!"
    BWHAHAHAHAHAA ...

I wonder if it's going to be the Green Lantern since Gibbons has worked with the character before and Stan Lee who Millar is a big fan of re-imagined GL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RichJohnston View Post
    Man, can't believe I'm going to do this... for an earlier version of this story... eighteen months ago...
    Creator Owned? But that article is so old, by the time this comic is published, minimum of 2 years would have gone by. Makes me wonder if they changed their mind on what they want to do? Creator owned or something else? I assume it will be published through Marvel Icon?

The project has to be big if it has both Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons.

I think it will be Marvel Man.

The project needs creators that have a huge following and will sell books. Since Marvel Man has been taking a long time, I assume Marvel wants it to be a worthy successor to the other runs. These two will be good for the book. Better than Bendis and Maleev would be.

It could be a Watchmen sequel, but I doubt even Millar would accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by bongoes View Post
    "I wrote to him when I was in high school suggesting we team up on a Shazam project,"

I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing Shazam. Well, if Millar would go back to DC. Or if DC would give it to him. Okay, I would be kind of surprised.
    He's already doing Shazam. He just calls it his own creation and changed the name slightly to Superior.

It would be interesting to see them do something non-superhero, just to see what they could come up with. The Originals was good stuff, and it has been a while since MM did something not superhero related.

Thus far, two other people have indicated in posts that they believe
    it will be Miracleman / Marvelman.

If there was to be a poll, that's where I'd put my predictory vote.

Millar & Gibbons on Marvelman.
    The Road to Serenity is Paved with Fireflies.

Not been a huge fan of Millar's recent stuff (though the first two issues of Superior have been quite wonderful), but I'm still pretty intrigued by this. If it ends up being Marvelman, I'll admit I might be a little disappointed. I would hope they would bring back Gaiman to finish his run.