Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default The Masters of Ryozanpaku vs Yujiro Hanma

    Setting: Ryozanpaku Dojo Grounds. (Anywhere the Masters individually might be encountered, for example Apachai near the front gate, Shigure in the rafters, ect ect.)

    Everyone is bloodlusted.

    Standard Equipment for all the masters, especially Shigure and Yujiro.

    Yujiro faces each master one on one. This isn't a gauntlet, he just encounters who ever each individual posters thinks has a chance to either utterly defeat him or lose against him or draw, one by one.

    No CIS or PIS for any of them.

    No one else is present, no Miu, no Kenichi, no Honoka or anyone else.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  2. #2

    Default

    What are yujiro best feats again? Its been a year since I read that manga.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,273

    Default

    Buck stops at the Elder, as to the others...... I have a hard time seeing him beating any of them really.

  4. #4
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildclaw View Post
    What are yujiro best feats again? Its been a year since I read that manga.
    its been to long sinve i've watched the anime or read some of the manga, so i dont know... other than the earthquake stopping feat, and thats suspect.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    its been to long sinve i've watched the anime or read some of the manga, so i dont know... other than the earthquake stopping feat, and thats suspect.
    Earthquake thing was SMvFL territory.

    Forgot a lot about Yujiro, minus his ugly back that looks like a demon's face, but I remember that his durability was strong enough that his arm was able to withstand pressure from a guys fingers were able to rip a deck of card in half easily.

  6. #6
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,575

    Default

    Yujiro's speed kind of leaves him hosed here.

    He's more than strong enough to compete with any of them but he's just not fast enough.

    Hayato crushes him with ease because, even in the context of his own series, Hayato is insane.

    Apachai is too fast and to strong.

    Akisame is too fast and has some simply insane feats of throws, joint locks and raw strength to his name.

    Sakaki is... I'm not sure if I can think of any speed feats that put Sakaki outside of Yujiro's speed class off the top of my head, besides hanging with the other masters no trouble which doesn't count properly. This would be a good match methinks with Yujiro maybe just taking it because he's a durability and strength monster.

    Kensei loses to Yujiro because he's feats just aren't all that good compared to the others.

    Shigure lops his head off before he can react.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  7. #7
    Ace wingman Max Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    12th dimensional atelier
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

    Kensei loses to Yujiro because he's feats just aren't all that good compared to the others.
    .
    Kensei's reaction time is up there with Akisame, and going all out actually beat him in rock paper scissors.

    He ain't getting touched.

    Yujiro is hosed with all of the masters.

  8. #8
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
    Kensei's reaction time is up there with Akisame, and going all out actually beat him in rock paper scissors.

    He ain't getting touched.

    Yujiro is hosed with all of the masters.
    Just keeping up with someone doesn't really grant them same level of speed level. Akisame has much better feats than Kensei, the rock paper and scissors thing is good but it's not actually that impressive of a feat.

    Also Kensei seems to be kind of lacking in hitting power which is really going to hurt him in this battle.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Just keeping up with someone doesn't really grant them same level of speed level. Akisame has much better feats than Kensei, the rock paper and scissors thing is good but it's not actually that impressive of a feat.

    Also Kensei seems to be kind of lacking in hitting power which is really going to hurt him in this battle.
    Actually, we have never seen Kensei got anywhere nearly serious in any of his fights. All of his fights with master class fighters, including a Fist (in a group of rival fighters to the Ryozanpaku masters), ends with one hit when he finally gets serious. Kensei's general battle strategy is dodge and negotiate first.

    Kensei's speed actually significantly exceeds that of Akisame's, and second only to the Elder . That Rock Paper Scissor scene basically played out like this. Kensei is 1 beat faster than Akisame, being able to change hand 39 times a second to Akisame's 38. But Akisame manages to predict Kensei's strategy, and so, Kensei went all out and beat Akisame by 2 beats so that he could win for sure despite being predicted... Ok, he was motivated by the possibility of fighting a beautiful woman, and we all know that the power of ero is the greatest of them all, but still.

    Having read both HDSK and Baki (original and son of orge), I would say Yujiro would tie or win with Sasaki, Apachai, and Shigure. They are the younger members of Ryo, and are the only masters in Ryo so far who had been pushed into a situation resembling life and death by any opponent. Yujiro would lose to both Ma Kensei and Akisame, though he would manage to seriously wound either of them before being utterly incapacitated. Yujiro would give the elder or Silcardo Jenazad a good fight and force these two to be serious, but he has a very small chance of ever winning, except by playing the former two's collossal arrogance to create openings.

    Both Ma and Akisame, or any of Ryo for that matter, will not fight to kill, and even when going up against armies with automatic weapons, tanks, and combat helis, they have maintained a perfect zero casualty record... (Most if not all of Ryo had killed a person or many in their lives by accident when their skills weren't quite high enough to treat regular masters like fodders, but they all have reached this subliminal state at the point of the manga)

    And as for Kensei's "power", well, in terms of just raw strength, not taking into account the fact that he's an expert at power transfer due to his small size, he would not be as strong as Yujiro, but still in the same comparable league. Feats includes gouging a large furrow into a stone block with his palm from a limited-leverage position, picking Apachai (a 9 foot tall wall of muscle) by the top of his head with one hand and then pulled him instantly (fast enough to evade someone turning his head around) into the attic of a house... And this is when he is not fighting anyone...

  10. #10
    Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,736

    Default

    Just keeping up with someone doesn't really grant them same level of speed level.
    Yeah, but the rock/paper/scissors thing is a direct contest of speed. It's not some nebulous thing where we're saying "well because he was able to fight this guy at all..." It's a clearly depicted speed comparison. So it does demonstrate that, at the very least, he has reaction speed on the same level, meaning Yujiro probably can't touch him.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  11. #11
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,572

    Default

    APA!
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  12. #12
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by citizenlion View Post
    Actually, we have never seen Kensei got anywhere nearly serious in any of his fights. All of his fights with master class fighters, including a Fist (in a group of rival fighters to the Ryozanpaku masters), ends with one hit when he finally gets serious. Kensei's general battle strategy is dodge and negotiate first.

    Kensei's speed actually significantly exceeds that of Akisame's, and second only to the Elder . That Rock Paper Scissor scene basically played out like this. Kensei is 1 beat faster than Akisame, being able to change hand 39 times a second to Akisame's 38. But Akisame manages to predict Kensei's strategy, and so, Kensei went all out and beat Akisame by 2 beats so that he could win for sure despite being predicted... Ok, he was motivated by the possibility of fighting a beautiful woman, and we all know that the power of ero is the greatest of them all, but still.

    Having read both HDSK and Baki (original and son of orge), I would say Yujiro would tie or win with Sasaki, Apachai, and Shigure. They are the younger members of Ryo, and are the only masters in Ryo so far who had been pushed into a situation resembling life and death by any opponent. Yujiro would lose to both Ma Kensei and Akisame, though he would manage to seriously wound either of them before being utterly incapacitated. Yujiro would give the elder or Silcardo Jenazad a good fight and force these two to be serious, but he has a very small chance of ever winning, except by playing the former two's collossal arrogance to create openings.

    Both Ma and Akisame, or any of Ryo for that matter, will not fight to kill, and even when going up against armies with automatic weapons, tanks, and combat helis, they have maintained a perfect zero casualty record... (Most if not all of Ryo had killed a person or many in their lives by accident when their skills weren't quite high enough to treat regular masters like fodders, but they all have reached this subliminal state at the point of the manga)

    And as for Kensei's "power", well, in terms of just raw strength, not taking into account the fact that he's an expert at power transfer due to his small size, he would not be as strong as Yujiro, but still in the same comparable league. Feats includes gouging a large furrow into a stone block with his palm from a limited-leverage position, picking Apachai (a 9 foot tall wall of muscle) by the top of his head with one hand and then pulled him instantly (fast enough to evade someone turning his head around) into the attic of a house... And this is when he is not fighting anyone...
    Welcome to the forums.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Thanks! :D

  14. #14
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,895

    Default

    Who would be the fastest Ryozanpaku Master after Hayato?

  15. #15
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have ever seen anyone who made such a great post on their very first try?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •