Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Kevin Smith's Green Hornet Goodbye

With the final chapter of his movie sceenplay turned comic on stands today, director Kevin Smith tells CBR how the story came to the page, how he did more than he ever expected and that he may return for seconds.

Full article here.

now that it's ending (his run), i find myself getting into the character. thankfully, only 10 issues have passed.

was smith's run any good? i heard people dissing the comic, saying it seemed silly, and that smith wasn't actually writing it. is this true in any way?
    from reading the interview, my impression was that he left his impression upon the character, having dynamite spawn several titles and minis from it.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

I dismissed it as a stupid setup but I've found these Green Hornet comics are excellent. I still don't get what is it that makes it work.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

I got the first issue just out of habit and I liked the sexiness of Kato and the art was very good, but I wasn't really thinking I was going to fully enjoy the series. In the end I like it very much, good action, solid dialog, great art(compared to the other Green Hornet series which has utter crap art) good characters. I think the two generation villain was a nice counterbalance to the two generation heroes.

For those who didn't get it, and thought they might like it, I would recommend getting it. The only real flaw is that there was no setup leading to another storyline(since it came from a movie, you don't want to leave dangling plots out there) but that also left more pages to tell the actual story.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I'm an unabashed Kevin Smith fan, but I think this is better than anything he's done in his comics work so far. Hell, maybe even better than his movies. I liked how it was spaced out to 10 issues because it let the action breathe and sometimes his comic work can get really balloon-heavy in a single issue so you could stretch out those action beats and it read more naturally. I was kind of okay with the first issue, but I though it got stronger as it went on. A lot of fun and I hope Smith returns to this book someday soon because he can do lots of wacky stuff that you can't get away with playing with DC or Marvel's sandbox. Although they have to keep together this art team, it looked too great to swap in a different artist.

I had been getting the Kato books but I might go back and get this book, not a fan of most of his movies so I was skipping these even though I liked the old tv show
    Last edited by Genki Sudo; 11-24-2010 at 07:11 PM.

is Parallel Lives any good to get? what kato minis would you guys recommend?
    is wagner's ( i love his writing and art overall) Year One worth it?

i'm thinking about getting Blood Ties (i think that''s what it's called).

anywho... i think ross' covers to the regular hornet title are really good! i met ross, he's very laid back and very nice. anyway, juts get the regular title then?
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

I never got into the old green hornet but really dug the new hornet... and the last issue revelation of the new kato being a lesbian was totally LOL. :D

BANNED

I liked his run. I knew he wasn't going to be around forever but it is bitter sweet to see it end. The Stinger was a little bit much for me but it kinda worked so I'll go with it.

I'm actually getting all of the books except for the classic reprints, blood ties and parallel lives.