Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A question about 'Superman: Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?'

Hey guys, I am reading many books by Alan Moore lately; and I missed out comic book ' Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?' and 'For the Man who has everything'.

I will get Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow. But I heard that 'For the Man who has everything' is included in the Deluxe edition of 'Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow. Is that true?
    Last edited by DK-Y2Y; 11-21-2010 at 09:28 AM.

According to Amazon, yup, both stories are included in the deluxe edition, along with a story about Superman and Swamp Thing.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dam Fox View Post
    According to Amazon, yup, both stories are included in the deluxe edition, along with a story about Superman and Swamp Thing.
    This is correct. I have the deluxe edition and that's what you get. Swamp thing, Whatever Happened.. and For the Man who has Everything. Its a great book.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

BANNED

I read Whatever Happened, and believe it to be one of the best Superman stories ever told. (I think many fans share this viewpoint with me as well.)

What is "For the Man who has Everything" about?

The Man Who Has Everything story is written up pretty well in Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_the...Has_Everything

The gist of the story is to give the reader an extended glimpse of what Superman's life on Krypton might have been like had the planet not been destroyed.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

FYI, For The Man Who Has Everything was also adapted into an episode of JL Unlimited. A bit different - no Robin, Mongul's visions were only implied and not seen - but very loyal to the original and quite good.

BANNED

"Happy Birthday Kryptonian, I give you Oblivion."
    "Burn."

Superman is so great in the write hands.

There's also a tpb 'DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore' which has those two, Killing Joke, and everything else he wrote set in the DCU (that wasn't in the title Swamp Thing).
    ADVERTISE HERE!

Thanks guys! I will buy the book soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyGreenJerusalem View Post
    There's also a tpb 'DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore' which has those two, Killing Joke, and everything else he wrote set in the DCU (that wasn't in the title Swamp Thing).
    It also has a Superman and Swamp Thing story called "The Jungle Line." I think that might be the story everyone is talking about. It also has "The Killing Joke."

I really recommend this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wexquif View Post
    It also has a Superman and Swamp Thing story called "The Jungle Line." I think that might be the story everyone is talking about. It also has "The Killing Joke."

I really recommend this book.
    I could buy that. But I already have The Killing Joke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DK-Y2Y View Post
    I could buy that. But I already have The Killing Joke.
    But you don't have all the other stuff in it, do you?

Get the collected Alan Moore book. It's common sense. It's got the original coloring of The Killing Joke and seriously "I already have The Killing Joke" is the absolute goddamn dumbest thing ever to use as a reason to not get that book.

I recently got the Alan Moore trade with KJ and WHTTMOT.
    On the contents page it says that WHTTMOT had Tom McCraw as "Color Interpreter". I assume that means it has been recolored.
    Could someone link me to a site where I can see comparison pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash's Lightning View Post
    I read Whatever Happened, and believe it to be one of the best Superman stories ever told. (I think many fans share this viewpoint with me as well.)
    I am not one of those fans, I think it's good but not as great as people make it out to be, still better than most of the stories DC written for the character in the last 2 years though
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by BONGFORCETRAUMA View Post
    But you don't have all the other stuff in it, do you?

Get the collected Alan Moore book. It's common sense. It's got the original coloring of The Killing Joke and seriously "I already have The Killing Joke" is the absolute goddamn dumbest thing ever to use as a reason to not get that book.
    No, it's not. If you already have something, you don't need to get it again. We also don't know if the original poster cares for the other stories that Moore wrote for DC. He might only be interested in Superman.