Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Personally I think that the helmet is a leeeeeetle too big.

It can be done properly, as the Judge Minty fan film proves...

But still, I believe this is just a rehersal pic, so possibily there are still some tweaks to the uniform to come.

The rest of it is nice though.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don't pee in the (Dead)pool View Post
    Stallone insisted on being unmasked for three quarters of the movie because he is so vain that he thought women would not realise that he was playing Joe Dredd.
    Stallone also insisted that he got to kiss Hershey (Diane Lane) at the end of the movie. I'm paraphrasing here but he said something along the lines of "There's no way I'm filming with a gorgeous woman and not kissing her! I kiss all my leading ladies!"

Danny Cannon, the Director, said he'd rather cut off his own bollocks, deep-fry them and eat them than work with Stallone again.

I know I'm coming across as a whiny fanboy but there are two things Judge Dredd doesn't do:

1. He never removes his helmet. His face has never been revealed.
    2. He doesn't have romantic relationships. He only loves The Law.

The first movie got both those basic tenets catastropically wrong and the blame for that lies squarely with Stallone.

Well to be honest I think 1. was a deal we knew that Stallone would remove the helmet. I think we knew that with him as the star and the entire film , Dredd would remove the helmet. That an entire film where Judge Dredd never removes the helmet would...be hard to do.

I agree with #2. I agree with you there.

But the 1# is one that will be hard to do in a movie. If your lead star keeps a helmet on the entire time.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    But the 1# is one that will be hard to do in a movie. If your lead star keeps a helmet on the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    Which is nice...of course you had Portman as the main part. She was basically the star of the film since a lot was seen from her perspective.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

This is literarily the first I've heard about this movie. Gotta say though the hard R makes me think it has a decent chance to be pretty good.

And I'll admit I enjoyed the first with Stallone even if it was a poor adaption it was still fun to watch.

Wow, I didn't know they're remaking Dredd. Karl Urban eh?

Stallone had the perfect chin for it but too bad he needed to show the rest of his face. I also agree that Dredd should never take off his helmet. Robocop did just fine when he had his on, it shouldn't be a problem.

AAIIIIEEEEE!!! I just googled and found out they got a fresh-faced kid to play Judge Anderson!! Anderson a rookie cop!?! She's supposed to be a tough cookie. She's supposed to be Debbie Harry with forty-five tons of hardened steel! NNNOOOOO!!!!!!~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Loke View Post
    Wow, I didn't know they're remaking Dredd. Karl Urban eh?

Stallone had the perfect chin for it but too bad he needed to show the rest of his face. I also agree that Dredd should never take off his helmet. Robocop did just fine when he had his on, it shouldn't be a problem.

AAIIIIEEEEE!!! I just googled and found out they got a fresh-faced kid to play Judge Anderson!! Anderson a rookie cop!?! She's supposed to be a tough cookie. She's supposed to be Debbie Harry with forty-five tons of hardened steel! NNNOOOOO!!!!!!~~~
    We also got scenes where Robocop would remove his helmet and show his face. Also we saw his face before as Murphy which led to his becoming Robocop.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We also got scenes where Robocop would remove his helmet and show his face. Also we saw his face before as Murphy which led to his becoming Robocop.
    Ya I know. What I meant was when he had his helmet on it wasn't a problem, in that we needn't see his face to connect with him.

And I also agree the helmet looks too roomy. It should look like it's one size too small and squeezed onto Dredd's head.

BANNED

I like Karl Urban, but why is the helmet so big.

But still, I believe this is just a rehersal pic, so possibily there are still some tweaks to the uniform to come.

The rest of it is nice though.
    That's from a fan movie?
    Some one hire this dude, quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    That's from a fan movie?
    Some one hire this dude, quickly!
    There a teaser trailer and everything...

Urban's helmet does look big. But while that Minty pic looks good, I get a Mutant Chronicles vibe from the trailer. Bleh.

Looks kinda silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    LOL!
    So he goes to the bathroom with......................law books?
    Dredd's a virgin. He was bred to be a Judge.
    Most Judges are virgins, some are tempted to have sex but usually end up dead. More often than not it's Dredd that kills them.
    Judges aren't allowed personal relationships; their only responsibility and duty is to uphold the law.
    And, yes, Dredd goes to the bathroom with law books.
    I don't think that he wanks though, he's far too repressed for that.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Yeah you can watch the fan film on Youtube, its great

The Stallone film wasnt a total travesty, the opening to the film was great, Mean Angel was amazing and Hammerstein was fantastic, it was such a damn shame that Stallone was attached to it though.
    The taking off of the Helmet was bad enough but kissing another Judge, Grud Almighty, the Law seemed to be on Holiday in that film.