Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by cdale78 View Post
    I think that usually has to do with kicking celebrities while they're down though.
    I think you just don't want to acknowledge your point is sort of weak.
    Be all you can be.

I didn't realise there was a thread about this!!!!

I posted this on another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    In ASM #648 when Peter asked MJ if he could move in for a bit and MJ says "like old times?" and then they laugh out loud so hard that they were crying as if to say "like that will ever happen" and that's like the writers behind Spiderman who are so against the marriage giving the fans who like the marriage a giant middle finger. (That's what I think anyways.)

And I find it sad when they are laughing so hard that their crying because to me I think it's their subconcious crying because deep in their heads, there's a psychic blindspot and they remember the marriage. That's how I interpert it.
    Spider-Man bit me... and now I'm a super radioactive Spider-Man nerd fanboy...

(Has anyone said this before?)

I'm Pro PP+MJ

What color is the sky in your world?
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    I think you just don't want to acknowledge your point is sort of weak.
    I am always willing to acknowledge my weak points!!

but no, I don't find extreme emotional suffering entertaining. My ex used to make me watch Hope Floats all the time. how anyone can watch that movie without wanting to kill themselves is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by cdale78 View Post
    but no, I don't find extreme emotional suffering entertaining.
    But you like Spider-Man?
    Be all you can be.

Since the Big Time era is coming to an end, I'm wondering if this scene will be reflected in the final story. It seems like it could have been foreshadowing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Since the Big Time era is coming to an end, I'm wondering if this scene will be reflected in the final story. It seems like it could have been foreshadowing.
    Nope. It was a joke/cheap shot and nothing more.

Actually, thinking about it, this is a strange sentiment. Foreshadowing implies giving hints to unknown events in the future. But Considering the history of this franchise, you can't exactly "foreshadow" a Peter/Mary Jane relationship anymore. It...I gotta admit, I'm kinda hurting my brain trying to think about this sorta loop thing. Can you foreshadow the past?
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

Actually, thinking about it, this is a strange sentiment. Foreshadowing implies giving hints to unknown events in the future. But Considering the history of this franchise, you can't exactly "foreshadow" a Peter/Mary Jane relationship anymore. It...I gotta admit, I'm kinda hurting my brain trying to think about this sorta loop thing. Can you foreshadow the past?
    Try nod to the past.

By the way, I would not call it a cheap shot or a joke. Just the writer pointing out how much Peter and MJ are tied together that fate (and popular demand) keep bringing them together again and again. They just left a possibility open for them in the future with that scene. Nothing definite like "foreshadowing" as writing teams keep changing. But nothing mean spirited either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

I meant that it could be used to set up the end of the Big Time era.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    Then you're reading way too much into it.

SEAN
    I haven't seen a Sean Whitmore post in these boards in a long time. You got me excited until I realized this was a resurrected thread!
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!