Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Do you think we will see the app by the end of this year? Thanks!

How come when I reply with a quote in the mobile site, it doesn't quote anything?

Did we get the mobile app or tapatalk while I was away? Been keeping up with other comic book forums using the tapatalk software......

No real update since Jonah last posted.

Last I heard, a mobile version of the Main site is in the works. Then mobile options for the Forums later.

I just clicked on one of the t-bolts threads in the marvel comics forum and it looked like it was formatted for mobile... I am on android 4.0. Are you doing tests or was it just a glitch? It is back to normal now.

CBR seems a bit out of touch with the whole mobile forum side of things. We've waited ages and still nothing. All we need is the Tapatalk code adding and we're sorted. 10 minutes max to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy House View Post
    CBR seems a bit out of touch with the whole mobile forum side of things. We've waited ages and still nothing. All we need is the Tapatalk code adding and we're sorted. 10 minutes max to do this.
    It seems so odd to not emplore technology that will make visiting the forum a lot easier to use. Especially since it doesn't take long to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrx807 View Post
    It seems so odd to not emplore technology that will make visiting the forum a lot easier to use. Especially since it doesn't take long to do it.
    I totally agree.

Can anyone give an update on this? We need some mobile love!!!

We've never actually had any firm details from Jonah on this. I have no idea why. There was apparently an app in development but that's not what we really need in my opinion. Just a simple mobile friendly theme for the site - as many other sites have done. See macrumors.com's forums - it takes seconds to implement!

When I visit some other forums on my iPad I sometimes get a pop up saying that I can use the tapatalk app to view them. I have to click past this pop up every time. It's irritating. I hope cbr doesn't implement this because I'd have to click past a lot more pop ups.

Fortunately it looks like they still have no intention of doing so.

I'd prefer just a mobile version of the forum. We could just stick it to the homescreen if we wanted
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    I'd prefer just a mobile version of the forum. We could just stick it to the homescreen if we wanted
    I agree.

Check the comics price guide forum - auto adjusts to mobile format when you visit from an iphone or mobile device.

What I don't understand is that this is a simple job to implement. CBR seem a little behind the times with the technology on this one.

It's seriously a 10 minute job if you know what you're doing - a quick tweak to the forum software and it would be mobile friendly immediately.

Perhaps we need a poll to get the owners attention?

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy House View Post
    Perhaps we need a poll to get the owners attention?
    I'm sure if they wanted to do it they would.

Think your probably right.

Its strange though that other comicbook forums have been mobile friendly for some time - Comics Price Guide forums, Comic Vine etc. CBR is well behind.

I don't even think that the excuse that an app is in development is justified either (I think this was mentioned a while back). Mobile friendly forums should be standard now.