Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    No longer in his shadow! JasonK75's Avatar

Like a massive poll or something like that? I think that would be a way to find out interest, but I have no idea if that can even be done.

Hopefully something cool will come for mobile smart phones so I can post away at work.

For the record I'm also interested in this, hopefully it happens soon.

I would like to see this implemented to.

Cool; glad to see other people besides just the two of us. I really thought more people would be using the app since posting from smart phones all day long is becoming popular.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for mobile options.

I really don't think posting on forums via smartphone is really becoming all that popular, at least not here as the median age of posters here seems to swing slightly higher than the smart phone demographic.

Implementing a mobile version of this board can't be that hard if the Bendis board has it's own iPhone app. I mean, they both run on vbulletin.

I wouldn't think it would be. The Tapatalk app claims it takes 5 minutes. I think that might actually be quite a few people who would use a mobile version.

Simply put this is a forum and anything added to make viewing or posting easier should be looked at. The smart phone/PDA is here to stay and I rather see a site ahead of the curve then behind it. The ComicBook DB has a mobile version which kicks ass when your in the store and your not trying to buy doubles of an issue or if you need to know a few key missing issues right away.

I will say I don't post much but the fire back from the two mods and the board admin had my head hanging. It was a suggestion and it was a pretty shitty response by all three at least how I read it. The written word is tough and we all know things can be more sarcastic than they were intended so maybe no big sweat.

If only two people requested it and it doesn't take allot of time or money to do it throw them a bone. Do we really need 85% buy in from the board to add a feature? Sure you can't make everyone happy but as posted earlier if more people new about the feature it may be more wanted/needed than just the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxstraww View Post
    Simply put this is a forum and anything added to make viewing or posting easier should be looked at. The smart phone/PDA is here to stay and I rather see a site ahead of the curve then behind it. The ComicBook DB has a mobile version which kicks ass when your in the store and your not trying to buy doubles of an issue or if you need to know a few key missing issues right away.

I will say I don't post much but the fire back from the two mods and the board admin had my head hanging. It was a suggestion and it was a pretty shitty response by all three at least how I read it. The written word is tough and we all know things can be more sarcastic than they were intended so maybe no big sweat.

If only two people requested it and it doesn't take allot of time or money to do it throw them a bone. Do we really need 85% buy in from the board to add a feature? Sure you can't make everyone happy but as posted earlier if more people new about the feature it may be more wanted/needed than just the OP.
    Wow, I don't know what to say but thank you. You bring up some good points that I didn't even think of before.

I do see that we have a few more people that said they would like to see this. Do you think we should create a poll on this, or just have more people post replies here.

Since Tapatalk says it is a quick 5 - 10 minute add on via a Mod or Admin perhaps we might still get this as a belated Christmas present? I think the reason we want it so bad is because it is such a great tool and really helps making posting easier. If I had that I probably could join more conversations on my favorite books/issues/character while I'm away from a computer. I choose not to use my work computer due to their policies, which I can respect.

Just my two cents. Thoughts a poll some where?

I'm not sure debating any longer or a poll will change where we are now. The board admins have a priority list and this will be slotted accordingly. I think we sit back and see if they decide to move on teh application. If not we probably have to deal. But I think debating it back and forth any longer will just get backs up.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxstraww View Post
    I'm not sure debating any longer or a poll will change where we are now. The board admins have a priority list and this will be slotted accordingly. I think we sit back and see if they decide to move on teh application. If not we probably have to deal. But I think debating it back and forth any longer will just get backs up.
    Don't look at it as debating because I don't. I'm not trying to tick off the owner, any Admins, or any Mods at all. I look at it as getting the word out. The owner made a decision based on the fact he only thought 2 people wanted this and now we have more coming forth and saying they want it to. If we get more visibility on this the perhaps we will get even more folks that ask for this. Then perhaps they will think to themselves we might as well give the people what they want, especially since it only takes a few minutes. Better to be ahead of the times and proactive then behind the times.

Now, if he came forth and spelled out that they aren't going with Tapatalk due to they are making their own App to put out for iPhone and the Android Market and to give them more time, I think that would be enough to hold us over.

I guess it comes down to use who use Tapatalk and love how easy it is to post and follow your favorite threads (almost better then the full website, almost) picture how we can use this for this forum. I post a lot on XDA forum for my Sprint EVO, but I can only imagine how much more I would do to comic books!! I wouldn't be able to put my phone down at work at all!!

Again, just my two cents worth. I'm trying to see if there are more people that want this and asking them to step up and ask for it as well. If it was a super long complicated procedure to add Tapatalk I would understand, but the Tapatalk folks promote that it takes 5 minutes to install.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I really don't think posting on forums via smartphone is really becoming all that popular, at least not here as the median age of posters here seems to swing slightly higher than the smart phone demographic.
    It isn't? Not sure what boards you use but I have seen, and you can often tell by the posted from messages people leave on their posts, that there has been a big up swing in the use of mobile devices for posting on boards in the last year or so. I know for me I post using my phone far more often now than I use my desktop & I am certainly no young fellow any more.

I don't know him personally, not have I ever even conversed with him, but I'm I'm pretty sure Jonah was being hyperbolic when he said it wasn't being implemented due to only two posters desiring the function. Sure, you often see posts on some sites from peoples smartphones, but the fact is they are in the minority. It's estimated that only 28% of cellphone users own smartphones and I'd imagine that percentage would be even lower among the population here. With a small possible percentage comes a low priority, he didn't say never he said they were looking at mobile options.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know him personally, not have I ever even conversed with him, but I'm I'm pretty sure Jonah was being hyperbolic when he said it wasn't being implemented due to only two posters desiring the function. Sure, you often see posts on some sites from peoples smartphones, but the fact is they are in the minority. It's estimated that only 28% of cellphone users own smartphones and I'd imagine that percentage would be even lower among the population here. With a small possible percentage comes a low priority, he didn't say never he said they were looking at mobile options.
    True that smartphones are not the majority, but with Android coming out strong it someday will be the majority, therefore we are looking to be proactive.

If it took a redesign of the whole forum that is one thing, something that takes 5 minutes to do is another thing that can be done to make some fans happy now and prepare for the future.

Couldn't agree more with jaxstraww.

You're talking 5 minutes tops to add the plugin to the site. In my opinion it's a no brainer.

As a temporary measure I'm using the forums app on my iphone (http://forumsapp.com/) to access the site. It's not perfect by any means but it will do until the TapaTalk plugin is added to CBR.

I reckon that with the interest shown so far we'll see a development soon.

Fingers crossed!