Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Batman Inc." #1

The next chapter in Grant Morrison's Batman mega-epic starts here as artist Yanick Paquette helps take the Dark Knight on a brand-building, globe-trotting mission full of new heroes, new villains and old flames.

Full article here.

once and future

<3 the JH Williams cover. Paquette draws a mean Selina.

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

So excited for this!!! The Williams cover is amazing and Paquette looks to be in top form as well. And Morrison, well he's Morrison. Tomorrow can't come fast enough!!!

So incredibly happy that the JH cover is the main cover. :D

At least that's what i'm assuming.

Oh my god that looks amazing. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a comic...Okay, that's a lie. I get this excited every time a new Grant Morrison issue of Batman comes out.

Tomorrow is gonna be an awesome day.

Friggen Selina is in nearly ever Batbook this week, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Tomorrow is gonna be an awesome day.
    so many great books coming out tomorrow. really looking forward to this issue. i'd love to be able to get that williams variant, but my shop never orders enough to get them.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

This is the one I'm looking forward to the most, this looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see Japan's "Batman."

Something to note, it seems like the protege/sidekick for Mr. Unknown is being set up as his replacement, going on the "Mr Unknown is Dead" title, and the way this intro seems. I've seen others make this observation as well, and I think it is dead on based on what we've been given as preview material at this point.

There is a whole lot of that in Morrison's run. So far we have Dick Grayson, the original Robin as Batman, becoming Batman when he thought Bruce was dead. Also, Cyril Sheldrake, formerly the Knight's sidekick, Squire, is the current Knight, replacing his deceased father. Also, The Dark Ranger from Australia is the former Scout, the original's grown up sidekick. Adding Mr. Unknown to that list, there is clearly a large number of legacy heroes replacing their mentors/fathers in the larger Batman Incorporated scene at this point. It makes sense, as the whole idea of Batman Inc. seems to stem naturally from Robin and the other members of the Batman Family, people continuing Bruce's war on crime, the eventual passing of the torch from mentor to protege is a logical continuation of those themes. It just seems like at this point most of the Batman from around the world are the grown up sidekicks having replaced their mentors, which is sort of interesting to me.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I'm excited, but the preview didn't make me more excited--I mean, we've been seeing those pages in different stages of development for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Friggen Selina is in nearly ever Batbook this week, damn.
    You...say that like it's a bad thing.

Dear God Like Beings What Are Out There And Created Us,

Thank you for Grant Morrison. Also, thank you for oxygen and water. Without all three, life would be impossible.

Sincerely,

JimmyDee
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to own some of that original art. It probably looks so amazing in black and white.

Yeah, my fingers are crossed that the regular cover is the Williams one, but I still like the Paquette one, too.
    Vacancy

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    Also, The Dark Ranger from Australia is the former Scout, the original's grown up sidekick.
    I hope we get a Dark Ranger story in Batman Inc - not just because I'm Aussie, but I get a Mad Max vibe off of him from his appearances in Batman.

I'd love to see an adventure with he and Bruce racing through the desert in their custom battle cars taking on bad guys with similar cars.
    ADVERTISE HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    You...say that like it's a bad thing.
    No, just pointing it out.

The Williams cover is listed as the regular cover over at the Atomic Comics store, Yanick one the variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvan View Post
    Yeah, my fingers are crossed that the regular cover is the Williams one, but I still like the Paquette one, too.
    The DC site doesn't mention it.
    They say Paquette is the regular cover, and there's a 1 in 25 Andy Kubert variant.
    I guess the Williams cover is taking that one's place?
    ADVERTISE HERE!