Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Info on Tyler Crook's next stuff - it's called B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth - Return of the Master.

Looks like we know what the deal is for #100!

Rasputin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Brody View Post
    Looks like we know what the deal is for #100!

Rasputin?!
    What, that old hasbeen? Last we heard of him he was pretty much having the dexterity of a shriveled up acorn. Or do you mean like a tribute, in retrospect?

Even for him I kind of doubt he'd even want to be showing his face ever again.

Striking me somewhat like it'd be a "Motley Crue come-back". Or the New Kids On the Block - ever heard of those? They're really sick. Or 'were', more rather , many moons ago.

Plus the old hag who was like being Rasputin's old momma, the Baba Yaga, may well be enjoying the easy life now I'd think.
    Like vibrant dinner shows with cocktails or Florida, stupifying aquariums and sensible footwear.

Likely some of the Motleys will be too. At least for the shoes, with going: "Easy life my foot!"
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-05-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Have you not seen the cover for the Devil's Engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Brody View Post
    Have you not seen the cover for the Devil's Engine?
    Number 1 (of 3) you mean?

Like that could be looking like shriveled-acorn dexterity to a revenant capacity? Especially with that "tech glove" and all?

I'd say you're making a hell of a case there! I like it.
    Although, how much of old Raspy would still be in there? Can't wait to read it, especially now!
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~

The tech glove and the reappearance of Rasputin's presumed dead associates combined with the title of "The Return of the Master" is what makes me think that's the direction they're heading in. I'm sure they'll find a way to get him out of the acorn. I mean, the world's going to hell. I'm sure that gives the various forces of darkness some wiggle room in restoring themselves to power.

I'm all for it.

Let them wiggle and wyrm and writhe and slit. Let them come I say, let them all come. Since Hellboy would be looking.

It'll be for all to learn how "domination" would prove but paradoxic. And how even "destiny" would be its own thing to the brink.

Hellboy would be looking, but not for Rasputin I'd reckon', since Raspy would have no real power of his own, I'd reckon' Raspy would have come to

realise it himself also. Like he'd have been a thief and dabbler and impostor, as if such would be the difference between a tech custom glove-thing

(or third reich experiment) and a real destined divinity-made RHOD to be imbued with.

And for dark mastership I'd think there'd be bigger forces crawling about, like the pancake-pained or either some guy (besides Prof. Bruttenholm)

calling himself Hellboy's father.

I'd think Hecate both as Astaroth would've been far beyond Rasputin, hell, I'd think the Baba Yaga would be bigger than Rasputin, even the first

time(s). Even if Rasputin would have felt himself to being Hellboy's master or summoner, I'd think he realised he isn't and would never be,

even before Seed of Destruction was through.

At least that'd be how I'd figure it myself.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-06-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    . ~

Here's another tease for another B.P.R.D. cover by Dave Johnson:

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Here's another tease for another B.P.R.D. cover by Dave Johnson:
    Looks good, I like the tentacles

Quote Originally Posted by Jelio View Post
    Looks good, I like the tentacles
    When it's a Mignola story, tentacles are always a good sign.

Hmm tentacles are good.

I wanted to ask though about the Hellboy in hell bit you posted about above. Specifically the "The first issue is coloured, the second is inked".

Does that mean that all issues after the first will be just inked ? Any artwork that surfaced, to get an impression of the style he plans to adopt ?
    I have seen inked Mignola before ofcourse But I am wondering how a full comic with that heavy inking will work out, sans color, in hell.
    Should be mostly pitch black :) (I hope I didn't make that sound like a bad thing ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
    I wanted to ask though about the Hellboy in hell bit you posted about above. Specifically the "The first issue is coloured, the second is inked".
    All it means is Mike Mignola has finished inking the second issue, but it hasn't been coloured and lettered yet.

The hair makes me think Liz (it's appeared that 'wavy' on Mignola-drawn covers, whereas Guy draws it either curly or straight), but her iconic choker/pendant isn't there so I'm not wholly sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    All it means is Mike Mignola has finished inking the second issue, but it hasn't been coloured and lettered yet.
    Duh, I totally let my imagination run rampant there :) Thanks for clearing that up Middenway...

This thread hasn't been updated since December, sadly. If you're looking to find out what's upcoming try these links:

Dark Horse's Upcoming Hellboy/B.P.R.D. Page:
    This is the most reliable site to visit for release dates of upcoming projects, as releases can and do change after solicitations have been released, especially where trade paperbacks are concerned. The other spin-off titles like Abe Sapien, Lobster Johnson and Witchfinder occasionally appear on this, but not reliably.

The Hellboy Universe Publishing Order:
    This tracks upcoming projects, collection releases, and solicitations. There's also a section for Baltimore. I update this one myself fairly regularly.

The Hellboy Wiki:
    If you want more detailed information, this is the place to go. Since Horror Of Sorts from these boards took over as Administrator, the site has seen drastic improvements. It's well worth checking out. Each story now has full cover galleries too.
    Last edited by Middenway; 06-03-2012 at 11:33 PM.