Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Bendis, Millar Plot "Death of Spider-Man"

Marvel has officially announced Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Millar as the architects behind the death of Spider-Man, an event kicking off in the Ultimate Universe in February, 2011.

Full article here.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

hahahha I knew it wasnt ASM that was gonna have spidey die...

That makes more sense. I'll be reading it.

BANNED

I suspect this will finally tie up plotlines from Ultimatium

I would dispute that we haven't seen a story like this before. What about death of superman? Will it be permanent?

Millar.

That explains everything.

ahhh so happy its not 616 spidey.

either way tho i love ultimate spidey. i'd hate to see him die but at least ehn i coan finaly dropp the ult u
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

I have a feeling that this won't be a literal death. Recall that in Ultimate Spider-Man, Peter is going to begin training with the Ultimates in the next few issues.

I think that something is going to happen where Peter will have to use his powers and save the day without being able to change into his Spider-Man costume. That he will have to be publicly outed as an unnatural genetic mutation, just as Fury mentioned so long ago.

Once he's outed, he'll have to go public as Peter Parker, hero. Not as Spider-Man. So, at least for a time, Spider-Man will be gone and Peter will be acting as a hero (most likely for SHIELD) without wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Millar.

That explains everything.
    Pfffft. Exactly.
    My interest in this just dropped to zero. At least Millar's fanboywank is contained to the Ultiverse which Loeb already torpedoed. Just keep him away from the regular books where he can do no harm with his kindergarten plot pitches.

The most exciting part about this article is the little solicitation at the end, of Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates. Awesome. I'll skip the Spider-Man story, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by xavkoenig View Post
    I would dispute that we haven't seen a story like this before. What about death of superman? Will it be permanent?
    That same line jumped out at me. There isn't much in the Ultimate line that we haven't seen before. They are good stories and all. Even fresh takes on classic characters. But, nothing particularly unique about the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    That same line jumped out at me. There isn't much in the Ultimate line that we haven't seen before. They are good stories and all. Even fresh takes on classic characters. But, nothing particularly unique about the stories.
    See - if it's a literal death, then I don't quite see where you can get too much originality. World without a Superman covered most of the story ground there IMO. But if it's a metaphorical 'death' then we may see something new.

LOL.

All the speculation and drama and anger over this and it ended up being an Ultimate plot.

Awesome.

I wasn't worried that Spiuder-man was going to die. My worry came when I saw the names Bendis and Miilar, but as long as it's ultimate, go for it. Never cared for those books anyway.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Well, Marvel yanked our chain pretty good with Wacker's comments at the SDCC over the summer and the just released Marcos Martin cover for ASM #655.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008