Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Wolfman, Bedard, Benes To Launch "DCUO Legends"

The biweekly comic tie in for Sony's upcoming "DC Universe Online" finds its creative team as game writer co-Marv Wolfman teams with Tony Bedard to spin a story with Ed Benes covers and Howard Porter and Adriana Melo interiors.

Full article here.

Glad to see that Giganta is in it.

See although this is probably going to be a perfectly good comic, I can't help but thinking it's going to be a missed marketing opportunity for DC. If you waited until DCUO was up and running then ran a competition in the game whereby people can submit their characters to then be judged, with the best being selected to appear in this title (and potentially the wider DCU if they catch on well enough) you'd get a ton of extra press for the game.
    Current Ongoing Pull List

She Hulk . Ms Marvel . Daredevil . Hawkeye

Great to see Porter and Melo getting work on a higher-profile series like this. And they seem like an interesting pairing too.

That Brainiac, though............GUH.

I really need to stop jumping to conclusions upon just reading the brief title headline posted on the board. While it will be nice to see some covers by Ed Benes I was hoping he would be getting a regular gig as an interior artist once again.

I'd be more interested if Melo wasn't involved. Hated her fill-ins in BoP, almost made me drop the title.

Much like the game it's based upon, I'm looking forward to this series. Wolfman and Benes speak for themselves, but I really feel Bedard is one of DC's most underrated assets. Guy's extremely nice, too; very impressed when I met him at MegaCon a couple of years ago.
    Check out my Hawkman Blog:The Stonechat Museum!

The "story" they tell in the trailer is exactly what I'd love to see in a JLA movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing it as comic.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

You don't see all the characters here, obviously, but upon checking Wikipedia, I was reading the confirmed characters and there were 2 I'd never heard of :

The Blue Snowman - a Golden Age Wonder Woman villain. It's a woman that's in drag and has a freeze wand. For real ?

Jervis Tetch - When did they quit referring to him as the Mad Hatter ?
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    The Blue Snowman - a Golden Age Wonder Woman villain. It's a woman that's in drag and has a freeze wand. For real ?
    Don't diss the Blue Snowman. She's awesome.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

I do wish they'd release some more details on what the actual story will be - I'm not really into multiplayer games - I'm old skool, multiplayer to me is playing Silk Worm on the Amiga, or Golden Eye on N64 - so I won't be playing the game, but if this is just going to be a balls to the wall superhero story out of continuity, I'll be interested in checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Akers View Post
    The "story" they tell in the trailer is exactly what I'd love to see in a JLA movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing it as comic.
    That trailer was one of the best superhero films I've seen!
    ADVERTISE HERE!