Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bprd: 1948

Full confirmation: http://sequentialhighway.com/?p=3255

"FM: We’re doing a new miniseries for Mignola and The Hellboy Universe. We did the previous one and now we’re doing a kind of sequel to that."

Stabbed in the back Jr. Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by horror_of_sorts View Post
    Full confirmation: http://sequentialhighway.com/?p=3255

"FM: We’re doing a new miniseries for Mignola and The Hellboy Universe. We did the previous one and now we’re doing a kind of sequel to that."
    Yes!! Great news. I think we were all pretty sure about this, but it's nice having it completely confirmed like this.
    "Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to shake things up, but we're going to have to get some pants on this one."

It's really great to get some concrete news that this thing is happening. It's on its way now!

I guess Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá aren't doing 1948 after all. According to Dave Stewart (who is colouring the first issue now) it's being drawn by Max Fiumara, the artist behind The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    I guess Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá aren't doing 1948 after all. According to Dave Stewart (who is colouring the first issue now) it's being drawn by Max Fiumara, the artist behind The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell.
    I wonder what Bá and Moon were referring to then, it's possible that they're doing a modern vampire story, they did say "a kind of sequel".

At least it seems we really will be seeing 1948 this year if Dave Stewart is already colouring the first issue (he just finished Exorcism #2 a little while ago). Maybe, if we're really lucky, we'll see 1948 listed in the September solicitations.
    I wonder what Bá and Moon were referring to then, it's possible that they're doing a modern vampire story, they did say "a kind of sequel".
    Maybe they're doing the story that will pick up from where The Pickens County Horror left off?

UPDATE:
    Sorry I don't have the link, but here's the exact quote:
    Conan 7 done! On to the first issue of BPRD 1948 with the phenomenal team of John Arcudi and Max Fiumara.
    Last edited by Middenway; 05-27-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Max Fiumara drawing 1948? After reading The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell, I can't see how he could possibly disappoint. This story's gonna be amazing.

At Wondercon, Mike used Simon Anders from 1947 as an example of one of those characters he thought he was done with, but kept jumping back into the spotlight. Ba and Moon are probably working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaximus View Post
    At Wondercon, Mike used Simon Anders from 1947 as an example of one of those characters he thought he was done with, but kept jumping back into the spotlight. Ba and Moon are probably working on that.
    That's cool. Simon's a great character.

That's cool. Simon's a great character.
    He stole the show in 1947 for me!

Stabbed in the back Jr. Wormwood's Avatar

Max Fiumara drawing 1948? After reading The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell, I can't see how he could possibly disappoint. This story's gonna be amazing.
    Couldn't agree more with this! I hope Max sticks around for a while. His style is perfect for these stories.
    "Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to shake things up, but we're going to have to get some pants on this one."

Indeed, I was a little sad to read Bá and Moon weren't on 1948 but man did I love Fiumara on Transformation so I'm not too upset.

BANNED

If Ba' and Moon were to draw anything in the Mignolaverse it'd be cool if it was 1948, for the congruity of it all.

Oh well. Hard to complain about Max doing anything in the Mignolaverse.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    If Ba' and Moon were to draw anything in the Mignolaverse it'd be cool if it was 1948, for the congruity of it all.
    They described the project they were working on with Mike Mignola as a kind of sequel to 1947, so even though it isn't 1948 I'm sure it must be picking up on some of 1947's plot threads. The more I find out about this, the more questions I have.

Seconded! I really adore Max's art from the O'Donnell issue. Can't wait for more.