Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,931

    Default CBR: Kidd Marvels at the World's Mightiest Mortal

    Chip Kidd spoke with us about what fans of the Marvel family will discover inside "Shazam!: The Golden Age of the World's Mightiest Mortal," shared hints about his upcoming "Batman" graphic novel and more.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    153

    Default

    It's a shame that DC has practically ruined the Marvel Family

  3. #3
    www.comicscube.com Duy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    7,985

    Default

    Nice interview, but...

    IT'S MAC RABOY, not "MATT GRAYBOY."

  4. #4
    CotM Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangmanjury View Post
    Nice interview, but...

    IT'S MAC RABOY, not "MATT GRAYBOY."
    ohhhhhhhh, facepalm.

    I'm not sure which is the bigger punch in the gut- that a comics journalist doesn't know who that is, or that he didn't bother to fact check.

  5. #5

    Default

    My copy of the book just arrived today. I haven't had time to go over it thoroughly, but the presentation is very nice and some of the photos just seem to pop off the page. I'm looking forward to enjoying all of it.

  6. #6
    CotM Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrissama200 View Post
    My copy of the book just arrived today. I haven't had time to go over it thoroughly, but the presentation is very nice and some of the photos just seem to pop off the page. I'm looking forward to enjoying all of it.
    Oh, I'm sure it's gonna be amazing.

    CHip Kidd has yet to produce a book about comics that wasn't incredible.

    BAT-MANGA is one of the best things I've ever seen...

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Omega View Post
    ohhhhhhhh, facepalm.

    I'm not sure which is the bigger punch in the gut- that a comics journalist doesn't know who that is, or that he didn't bother to fact check.
    Lost in transcription. Absolutely meant to go back and fix it and forgot.

    My bad but thanks for reading nonetheless.

  8. #8
    CotM Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Renaud View Post
    Lost in transcription. Absolutely meant to go back and fix it and forgot.

    My bad but thanks for reading nonetheless.
    It wouldn't sting so much if he wasn't a favorite.

    Good article otherwise!

  9. #9
    The Truth Hurts
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrecksracer View Post
    It's a shame that DC has practically ruined the Marvel Family
    I'm not even sure it's "practically."

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    62

    Question

    Funny how in the interview Kidd says he doesn't know why the character isn't as popular now as he it was in the 40's.
    Then later realizes he was only published for 13 years.
    So really only Golden age fans would know him, cause while Kidd is of the a Silver-age like myself.
    Our only exposure is the T.V show,the Tabloid book, and the comic that D.C. tried to bring back in the early 70's.
    Which we all know was draw at first by C.C. Beck, but written by "others" that had no real understanding of the character.
    Which has ALWAYS been D.C.'s treatment of the Marvel family.
    Except for Jerry Ordway's series from the 90's.

  11. #11
    www.comicscube.com Duy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    7,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.O.M. View Post
    Which has ALWAYS been D.C.'s treatment of the Marvel family.
    Just like Plastic Man.

    Except for Jerry Ordway's series from the 90's.
    Something that was only half as successful in really "getting" the Marvel Family, I think.

    The closest things to the Marvel Family being done right are Jeff Smith's series and the Billy Batson series (which actually doesn't get Freddy right).

  12. #12
    Senior Member Mundungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    I'll have to check this out. I'll also pick up Bat-Manga.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •