Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best fight scenes in Batman comics?

Choose from any storyline you want; whether they're actually good arcs or not-so-good ones. What are some fights that stood out to you? Whether they impressively display Batman's (or any Bat family member's, really) martial arts prowess or just show a badass, epic fight panel to panel, which ones do you pick?

Oh, and feel free to post some of the panels if you wish. I'd love to see some.
    Vacancy

No images right now, but basically anything done in Frank Quitely's issues of Batman and Robin. Batman and Robin vs the Circus of Strange in issue 2 in particular. Dick vs the triple man is an awesome fight, the whole sequence is incredible though. His fight in Batman 700 is great too.

Cameron Stewart's work in his arc of Batman and Robin is also spectacular. His Batman vs Batman issue is insanely well done.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I enjoyed the Jim Aparo-drawn fights between Batman and the KGBeast in TEN NIGHTS OF THE BEAST back in the 1980s. The story was nothing special, but it had some classic fight sequences between Batman and the KGBeast.

As the Cold War was still on (barely) then, it was kind of neat to see how Batman fared against the Soviet Bloc's deadliest.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Frank Quitely and Norm Breyfogle spring to mind.

I liked it when in Infinite Crisis Deathstroke took on Bruce, Tim and Dick.
    I don't have a signature

Hmm...sticking strictly to the comics I recall off-hand:

1) Batman and Robin vs. The Circus of Strange, from Batman and Robin # 2 (Morrison/Quitely)

2) Dick-Bat vs. Clone-Bruce Batman: The Morrison/Stewart arc.

3) Damian vs. Clone-Bruce Batman: The Morrison/Stewart arc.

4) Batman and Robin vs. The Mutants: Batman # 700 (Morrison/Quitely)

5) Batman vs. The Mutant Leader: Dark Knight Returns # 2 (Frank Miller)

6) Batman vs. Superman: Dark Knight Returns # 4 (Miller)

7) Batman vs. Superman in Batman: Hush (Jeph Loeb/Jim Lee)

8) Batman vs. Ras Al Ghul, collected in Batman: Tales of the Demon (Denny O' Neill...and Neal Adams? Forgot the artist...it's that first iconic showdown 'tween Bats and Ras in the desert)

9) Batman, Batman and Robin vs. the 99 Fiends (Morrison/Stewart, Batman and Robin # 16...I know, this is extremely recent, but I doubt I'll forget it anytime soon).

10) Robin vs. Joker (Paul Dini/Don Kramer's Slayride issue from Detective Comics...O.K., not a fight in the typical physical sense, but still an awesome confrontation).

Any fight from Morrison's Batman And Robin run. It's all ultra ku-fu-ey!
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

By far the best Batman fight scene was the one where Batman took on those Ninja Man-Bats in the art museum...

Remember??? On side note I can't wait til Morrison writes Bruce again...

Last edited by dreyga2000; 11-08-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

The Batgirl (Cass) vs Batman (Bruce) when they were under the Rage Drug That Batman planned as therpy forgot what issue though sorry. Also the Batman Vs red hood both tpb and animated movie
    I Don,t Know if its my speed or the sharpness of the blade but most don,t even feel it go in

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-Todd327 View Post
    Also the Batman Vs red hood both tpb and animated movie
    I just watched the movie again and holy CRAP does Bruce kick Jason's ass. It's not even funny, when they get into that apartment the whole fight is just so one sided.

There needs to be a fight like that in The Dark Knight Rises, just Christian Bale absolutely decimating someone. So far there hasn't really been a fight like that.

Perhaps with the Oriental-themed direction the Bat books are heading in the next few months (Bruce in Japan, Dick in Chinatown, Tim in Hong Kong) we'll see some cool Kung-Fu/Karate/Judo extravaganzas.
    Vacancy

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    I just watched the movie again and holy CRAP does Bruce kick Jason's ass. It's not even funny, when they get into that apartment the whole fight is just so one sided.

There needs to be a fight like that in The Dark Knight Rises, just Christian Bale absolutely decimating someone. So far there hasn't really been a fight like that.
    But just before the fight on the roof when Jason was using the knife and Bruce the batarang was amazing when jason dropped the knife from one hand to the other to slash it reminded me of the movie the hunted with Tommy lee jones where he had to track down a soldier that he trained awesome fight
    I Don,t Know if its my speed or the sharpness of the blade but most don,t even feel it go in

I don't know if its valid or not but for me its when the Thomas Wayne felt on a Banana pelt in Batman and Robin #16. The good old banana joke ...hilarious.

I'll chime in and agree with others about Batman & Robin #2. That scene was just so fluid and well-depicted, it might as well have been animated. That is great sequential illustration.

My favorite is actually the Nightwing vs. Batman fight in the "Super/Bat" storyarc in Superman / Batman (can't remember the issue number, sorry!). Nightwing gets the jump on Bats pretty good... until Bruce throws him out the window.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team Up