Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    DRM isn't suppose to prevent piracy. It's meant to delay it as initial sales are very important.
    Even then, it fails. Most games are cracked and online before they hit retail.

Anyway by the time Diablo 3 come out no PC will be able to support it because the game too old
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    Anyway by the time Diablo 3 come out no PC will be able to support it because the game too old
    "Hey guys, where can i get dosbox, i wanna play D3."

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Even then, it fails. Most games are cracked and online before they hit retail.
    Most is a stretch, the scene releases generaly hit day 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    How Blizzard is taking their cut completely undercuts the seller. They have three different fees go through it before money gets to their paypal.
    Selling can still take place through the means they always have. This is simply a more globally facilitated way, and if Blizzard wants to charge for it, eh.

But not being able to pull open your laptop just anywhere and kill some time with Diablo III single player is pretty stupid, and many people don't have reliable internet. Even if they weren't making people angry, it nevertheless decreases the appeal and reliability of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    Selling can still take place through the means they always have. This is simply a more globally facilitated way, and if Blizzard wants to charge for it, eh.

But not being able to pull open your laptop just anywhere and kill some time with Diablo III single player is pretty stupid, and many people don't have reliable internet. Even if they weren't making people angry, it nevertheless decreases the appeal and reliability of the game.
    The truth of it is it's going to be the best selling pc game of the year no matter what they do, so they can do anything.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

will they just release it already!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Whats the problem with it?
    Well, let me see. PVP is being introduced to the game, according to them, in a more serious way.
    If X person is rich, and Y person is poor, X person can buy any gear they want, Y person cannot.
    Cash shops are fine for vanity items, cash shops are fine for single player games, Cash shops that give people with more money an advantage in the game are not really cool.
    Then taking a cut i don't have an issue with, that makes sense. Them doing it for a game that is going to really encourage multiplayer (again, pointing too the online all the time or no play) and where gear is a huge part of the game, the main part of the game, isn't cool imo.
    Edit: Btw, remove pvp from the game, and i have suddenly have zero problem with this. I don't care if a bunch of friends spent 50 bucks to get decked out and run through hell, it doesn't effect me.

Then Y person and sell there stuff to X person and make some money. People have been selling items for real money since Ultima Online, and in the old days that game was pvp everywhere

The truth of it is it's going to be the best selling pc game of the year no matter what they do, so they can do anything.
    Battlefield 3 could likely challenge that.

"Hey guys, where can i get dosbox, i wanna play D3."
    Now online all the time that you won't be able to use your phone while you play D3
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

I know I won't be getting this game. The whole auction house is gonna be like shit. Cause everyone is gonna be price gouging each other dollar by dollar. I just don't see myself buying this one.

My brother is all for the real world AH. I think it sucks. Ruins the game. And not being able to play it offline as well is bad also. And they wonder why so many people are complaining.

Only good thing about this game is once you buy it there is no monthly fee.

I suppose I'll have to abandon any desire of playing Diablo 3 even if I did upgrade my computer. (Or degrade it, if it continues to not come out.)

This is something that's really bugging me about a lot of games nowadays. Why be online? It's not like it's going to help avoid piracy(hell, it'll just annoy people which will lead them to piracy), and some of us might like to be able to occasionally play where we don't have internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    I don't know why publishers can't seem to accept that there's really nothing they can do about piracy and that alienating your loyal paying customers with bullshit placebo DRM that does nothing but make them feel like they're doing something is no kind of solution.
    It's amusing since games like Galactic Civilizations 2, which had just about zero copy protection (beside the usual CD code) did very well. Obviously didn't sell as much as Blizzard's games, but then Stardock's nowhere near as well known.
    Last edited by Siriel; 08-21-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Default Diablo 3 Beta

Beta is out now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KELGm0045hw

Skill calculator is also up:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor

Thoughts on the system? Runes?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbrer View Post
    Skill calculator is also up:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor

Thoughts on the system? Runes?
    Ty for that. =D

As for my own thoughts, I'm a bit on the fence. I definitely think it's interesting and different. But love trees so much! =D
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

I didn't get a beta invite, blizzard can s my d.