Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    On this point, meh. People already bought gear from each other with real money back in Diablo II.

No playing without internet is annoying though.
    They didn't hype pvp in diablo 2, you might get killed when playing online, it wasn't an encouraged part of the game.
    Thats the whole problem, you can't let people buy an advantage.

If people are cool with that, that's fine, but theres a reason they don't let you buy pvp in WoW, and a reason they don't sell gear in the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    They didn't hype pvp in diablo 2, you might get killed when playing online, it wasn't an encouraged part of the game.
    Thats the whole problem, you can't let people buy an advantage.
    There's probably going to be a bit more attention payed to it, but I doubt it's going to be anywhere near the cooperative campaign stuff which is what I'm getting it for.

People buy advantages all the time in these types of games. Especially one as loot intensive as Diablo. Blizzard's just facilitating it and taking money. I know I'm not going to use it. If you think everyone in Diablo who had better gear than you got it through luck and hard grinding....ha!

If people are cool with that, that's fine, but theres a reason they don't let you buy pvp in WoW, and a reason they don't sell gear in the cash shop.
    I suppose this might be a slight deviation in topic, but there's only certain gear you can use for PvP in WoW?
    Last edited by FalconX2000; 08-02-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Whats the problem with it?
    Well, let me see. PVP is being introduced to the game, according to them, in a more serious way.
    If X person is rich, and Y person is poor, X person can buy any gear they want, Y person cannot.
    Cash shops are fine for vanity items, cash shops are fine for single player games, Cash shops that give people with more money an advantage in the game are not really cool.
    Then taking a cut i don't have an issue with, that makes sense. Them doing it for a game that is going to really encourage multiplayer (again, pointing too the online all the time or no play) and where gear is a huge part of the game, the main part of the game, isn't cool imo.
    Edit: Btw, remove pvp from the game, and i have suddenly have zero problem with this. I don't care if a bunch of friends spent 50 bucks to get decked out and run through hell, it doesn't effect me.
    That's what I was thinking. You're going to have rated, ranked PvP with rewards....and then let people buy gear? Okay...

I suppose this might be a slight deviation, but there's only certain gear you can use for PvP in WoW?
    There's certain gear that's made with PvP in mind.

People are going to buy gear with money anyway, though. Blizzard might as well take a cut.

I admit though, that I dont give a shit about pvp and will probably never touch it.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post

I suppose this might be a slight deviation in topic, but there's only certain gear you can use for PvP in WoW?
    In Wow, you have pve gear, and then pvp gear.
    The biggest difference is pvp gear has a stat called resilance, 100% worthless for pve, 100% neccesary for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    People are going to buy gear with money anyway, though. Blizzard might as well take a cut.

I admit though, that I dont give a shit about pvp and will probably never touch it.
    Again though, this makes it much much much more common as it's built into the ui.
    If they make actual pvp gear like in wow, and don't make it sellable, i will again have no problem with this.

Whats the problem with it?
    Well, let me see. PVP is being introduced to the game, according to them, in a more serious way.
    If X person is rich, and Y person is poor, X person can buy any gear they want, Y person cannot.
    Cash shops are fine for vanity items, cash shops are fine for single player games, Cash shops that give people with more money an advantage in the game are not really cool.
    Then taking a cut i don't have an issue with, that makes sense. Them doing it for a game that is going to really encourage multiplayer (again, pointing too the online all the time or no play) and where gear is a huge part of the game, the main part of the game, isn't cool imo.
    Edit: Btw, remove pvp from the game, and i have suddenly have zero problem with this. I don't care if a bunch of friends spent 50 bucks to get decked out and run through hell, it doesn't effect me.
    PvP is not introduced in a serious way in Diablo III. They have stated multiple times that classes won't be balanced against each other and PvE will in no way be affected by PvP.

quoted from Blizzard
    "PvP for Diablo III has always been designed a side game intended purely for fun. We know you like killing each other, so that's what it's there to provide."

So the real-money auction house doesn't really matter to me.

The always online bit sucks, but it's pretty much where many games have been going for the past few years and as I'll be playing it on my PC with some friends, not that much an issue for me.

Yeah, the point of the Diablo games has always been PVE. It's not WoW. This really isnt an issue, here.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

How Blizzard is taking their cut completely undercuts the seller. They have three different fees go through it before money gets to their paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    How Blizzard is taking their cut completely undercuts the seller. They have three different fees go through it before money gets to their paypal.
    ...So? No one is forced to sell anything.

...So? No one is forced to sell anything.
    What's the point of virtual ebay if the sellers get little benefit from it?
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Some benefit is more than no benefit.

Wait, did Diablo 3 become an MMO when I wasn't looking?
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

I don't know why publishers can't seem to accept that there's really nothing they can do about piracy and that alienating your loyal paying customers with bullshit placebo DRM that does nothing but make them feel like they're doing something is no kind of solution.

I mean come on guys, you've every right to be angry about your games being illegally downloaded, but considering that no DRM has yet proven uncrackable and no game unpiratable, how about chilling out on this crap? Not everyone who owns a computer has an always on internet connection, or necessarily any connection. It's insane that these people cannot play a single player game.

I'm not even interested in Diablo III, but if I were this would put me right off it.

DRM isn't suppose to prevent piracy. It's meant to delay it as initial sales are very important. I was interested in Diablo III but this bullshit their pulling as turned me off. I'll take my business over to Torchlight
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man