Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1907
    Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

The latest Peter David update from his site:

http://www.peterdavid.net/

I know he's done a slew of work over the years, but hopefully he's still getting some money from the Hulk Visionaries sets. If anyone knows of any newbie Hulk fans, steer them in the direction of the PAD stories, whether it be from Amazon, eBay, or your LCS. I'm planning on buying another set of them with my Christmas money (need buffer copies when my baby is up and mobile -- and tearing around the house!)
    Let's help him thru this difficult time any way we can...

HOT DAMN!!! HERE IT COMES!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Hul...ulk+Crossroads

Found a solicit for the Crossroads Saga coming out in May...hope it's legit!

One of the early Merged Hulk (380 I think) issues had Hulk thinking "I have the lung capacity of a whale" or something along those lines.

how are Hulk fans feeling about the switch from Yu to Simonson:

http://www.comicvine.com/news/walt-s...e-hulk/145783/

Organic Underground Hip Hop
    http://boombits.bandcamp.com
    Http://soundcloud.com/boombits
    @boom_bits (IG & Twitter)

I knew Yu wouldn't stay at the same place for more then a couple of issues, I love that guy but serisouly fuck him, and while i'm at it, fuck all the artist who only stick to a book for 4-5 issues. Really not a fan of simonson, huge step back for the indestructible hulk if you ask me.
    Last edited by Jack00; 01-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Cover looks decent.
    I don't mind it. Yu is always kind of hit n' miss for me.
    Wonder if Simonson is going to be inking himself or someone else...in fact, I wonder how long Simonson is going to be on the title before they find another artist????

I already own the Crossroads, but hell, I might pick it up anyway.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

How smart is the hulk and how fast is the hulk? And what ever happened to that guy called Bruce Banner? Lol
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

It might just be for the 3 issue asgard arc and then Lenil Yu would return by issue #9

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I don't mind it. Yu is always kind of hit n' miss for me.
    Wonder if Simonson is going to be inking himself or someone else...in fact, I wonder how long Simonson is going to be on the title before they find another artist????
    Hopefully not long. As much as I love Waid, I don't know that I'll be sticking with the title if Simonson does; his work has really gone downhill, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    It might just be for the 3 issue asgard arc and then Lenil Yu would return by issue #9
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    I knew Yu wouldn't stay at the same place for more then a couple of issues, I love that guy but serisouly fuck him, and while i'm at it, fuck all the artist who only stick to a book for 4-5 issues. Really not a fan of simonson, huge step back for the indestructible hulk if you ask me.
    I don't know, man.

The list of high-quality artists who can actually keep pace with a monthly title reasonably well is not that long.

Bagley, Epting, a few others.

There's much to be said for consistent aesthetic in theory, but, in practice, if you actually do get a guy who sticks around for a large swathe of a run, it's more likely to be a Greg Land type.

I prefer quality art intermittently than bad art that is delivered consistently.

Can't wait for the Crossroads tpb to come out.

I've never read it but after reading Pardoned and Regression and loving them it's a definite pickup for me.

As for Simonson's art, Not really a big fan of his Hulk preffered Yu's. Hopefully he'll be back after Simonson is done.

Quote Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
    Can't wait for the Crossroads tpb to come out.

I've never read it but after reading Pardoned and Regression and loving them it's a definite pickup for me.
    They're an acquired taste, so to speak.
    With Banner out of the picture, the Hulk is mindless and just a raging beast -- no "Hulk will smash!", just a lot of "RARGH!!" Mantlo begins to explore how this new Hulk (remember, this was 1984 and the Hulk had maintained the Savage Hulk status quo for well over a decade) adapts to his environments at the Crossroads. I read an old interview how he tried to explain how it's a rebirth of sorts for the Hulk.
    As time goes on, we get to see the Hulk develop intelligence again, Banner comes back and then he's yanked back to Earth by Alpha Flight.
    Sal Buscema & Gerry Taloac really start to mesh well as an art team, then after Sal leaves, we get newbie (at the time) Mike Mignola -- who really gave us spectacular covers along the way.
    I'm stoked, makes me think there's hope for the start of Mantlo's Hulk run, and possibly the Al Milgrom issues between John Byrne's and Peter Davids's runs. One can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    They're an acquired taste, so to speak.
    With Banner out of the picture, the Hulk is mindless and just a raging beast -- no "Hulk will smash!", just a lot of "RARGH!!" Mantlo begins to explore how this new Hulk (remember, this was 1984 and the Hulk had maintained the Savage Hulk status quo for well over a decade) adapts to his environments at the Crossroads. I read an old interview how he tried to explain how it's a rebirth of sorts for the Hulk.
    As time goes on, we get to see the Hulk develop intelligence again, Banner comes back and then he's yanked back to Earth by Alpha Flight.
    Sal Buscema & Gerry Taloac really start to mesh well as an art team, then after Sal leaves, we get newbie (at the time) Mike Mignola -- who really gave us spectacular covers along the way.
    I'm stoked, makes me think there's hope for the start of Mantlo's Hulk run, and possibly the Al Milgrom issues between John Byrne's and Peter Davids's runs. One can dream...

I am sure i will love it.

There has only been one Hulk book i have really disliked since i started reading and that was Banner by Azzarello. Hated the art and the story was boring.

Off topic but i bought my first Hulk bust and i absolutely love it.

Last edited by z1co80; 01-10-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    I don't know, man.

The list of high-quality artists who can actually keep pace with a monthly title reasonably well is not that long.

Bagley, Epting, a few others.

There's much to be said for consistent aesthetic in theory, but, in practice, if you actually do get a guy who sticks around for a large swathe of a run, it's more likely to be a Greg Land type.

I prefer quality art intermittently than bad art that is delivered consistently.
    As we all know, artists today often overdraw EVERYTHING wanting their art to look "purdy" for the eventual trade. Am I the only one that doesn't care about psychotic amounts of cross-hatching and pin-ups posing as sequential art?

When I go back and look at Byrne's work during his X-Men/FF/Alpha Flight period, or Perez durin his Avengers/Titans period, I see nothing but great, detailed art, that was produced on time for years and years. It can be done and it can be done well.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby