Page 89 of 128 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1907

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Happy Birthday Lou Ferigno! He's 60 today! : )
    Yay.

Happy Bleated Birthday

Finally read The Darkness and Hulk by Paul Jenkins & Dale Keown
    Great crossover issue, glad it didn't last more than one issue, I love a simple crossover like that with good story and great art
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Just finished the eight Visionaries issues of PAD's run with Volume 2, 5 and 6 being the best out the lot with 6 being my favourite. The David and Keown issues are far and away the best of all and are nothing short of genuis. As much as i loved Mantlo's run on Hulk i feel the psychology behind David's Hulk makes it better. I hope they get their fingers out and finish releasing the rest of PAD's run.

Hulk: The End is next for me.

Quote Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
    Just finished the eight Visionaries issues of PAD's run with Volume 2, 5 and 6 being the best out the lot with 6 being my favourite. The David and Keown issues are far and away the best of all and are nothing short of genuis. As much as i loved Mantlo's run on Hulk i feel the psychology behind David's Hulk makes it better. I hope they get their fingers out and finish releasing the rest of PAD's run.

Agreed, I wish Keown would have stayed on Hulk longer. I thought the Gary Frank run with David was a close second to that. Hulk: The End with Future Imperfect is probably some of the best Hulk story and art combinations I've read, you are in for a treat.
    Organic Underground Hip Hop
    http://boombits.bandcamp.com
    Http://soundcloud.com/boombits
    @boom_bits (IG & Twitter)

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

No offense to Bob McCloud, but I preferred Mark Farmer over Keown's pencils. One of the main reasons I liked the Merged Hulk stories was Keown's growth in terms of style and storytelling.
    Gary Frank was a great follow-up after Keown's departure too.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    No offense to Bob McCloud, but I preferred Mark Farmer over Keown's pencils. One of the main reasons I liked the Merged Hulk stories was Keown's growth in terms of style and storytelling.
    Gary Frank was a great follow-up after Keown's departure too.
    Has there been any art in any Hulk book better than in Hulk: The End?

I just finished the book and honestly it is a thing of beauty, The tone and mood of the art is perfect for what is now my favourite story i have read. I absolutely love Hulk: The End and genuinely felt quite emotional reading through it. The only story with that type of impact that had me feeling that way was the issue in Volume 6 of David's Visionaries where Banner is being counselled by Doc Samson and it reveals the abuse by his father and how his suppression as a child led to what he became as an adult.

I really can't praise The End highly enough. I read Future Imperfect and loved it but as good as it is it's overshadowed by The End. It just has everything and for me is as close to perfection as i have come across in my short time reading comics.

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I just finished the book and honestly it is a thing of beauty, The tone and mood of the art is perfect for what is now my favourite story i have read. I absolutely love Hulk: The End and genuinely felt quite emotional reading through it. The only story with that type of impact that had me feeling that way was the issue in Volume 6 of David's Visionaries where Banner is being counselled by Doc Samson and it reveals the abuse by his father and how his suppression as a child led to what he became as an adult.

I really can't praise The End highly enough. I read Future Imperfect and loved it but as good as it is it's overshadowed by The End. It just has everything and for me is as close to perfection as i have come across in my short time reading comics.

.................Good question! I honestly think that could have been Keown's pinnacle in terms of his Hulk work. Pretty much after that, it's been promo art (except for that Darkness/Hulk crossover).
    But in any art in any Hulk book? Hmmmmm....I thought Mike Deodato Jr. knocked it out of the park during the Bruce Jones run. He brought back that shaggy-haired look that had been missing for so long...

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    .................Good question! I honestly think that could have been Keown's pinnacle in terms of his Hulk work. Pretty much after that, it's been promo art (except for that Darkness/Hulk crossover).
    But in any art in any Hulk book? Hmmmmm....I thought Mike Deodato Jr. knocked it out of the park during the Bruce Jones run. He brought back that shaggy-haired look that had been missing for so long...
    Yeah that is great.

I actually meant to ask this in my last post but with regards to Future Imperfect, How does Rick manage to be Gramps? I might have missed something but how did Rick manage to live as old as he did when Superheroes like Thor, Silver Surfer, Wolverine and more all perished?

That was a badass seeing Rick's trophy room with all the costumes, capes, Cap's Shield, Wolverine Skeleton, Surfer's board and more.

For me, the only thing better than Hulk: The End is the actual story "The End" was adapted from. I prefer the original short story to the comic version. For those who don't know: The End was adapted from "The Last Titan" which was a short story written by PAD for The Ultimate Hulk novel in 1998. The book is a really great read and I encourage everyone to try and track down copies. It features short stories on various incarnations of the Hulk throughout his long history (Banner's father, shortly after joining the Avengers, Savage Hulk, Joe Fixit, Merged Hulk, The Last Titan, etc), was edited by PAD & Stan Lee, and contains chapter/title page art by George Perez & others. Used copies on amazon.com start at just under $4 bucks.

In regards to artwork & Deodato: He was OK but I find his ovelry dark, heavily photo-influenced style too distracting for my tastes.

Just read the first free issue of World War Hulk because I was bored, and now I'm going to check out Planet Hulk, the books leading up to it, and then continue with WW Hulk. This is very good stuff! I've read most of the Marvel Now books out, but so far they are not as interesting to me.

can't get enough of Carlo Pagulayan, he pencils some of the best Hulk art

special shouts to Chris Sotomayor who provided some great colors to this as well
    Organic Underground Hip Hop
    http://boombits.bandcamp.com
    Http://soundcloud.com/boombits
    @boom_bits (IG & Twitter)

I can honestly say that I don't miss the look of Gladiator Hulk. lol
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousMC View Post
    can't get enough of Carlo Pagulayan, he pencils some of the best Hulk art

I like the movie adaption using Beta ray Bill more than this one with Silver Surfer
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Over the past 4 or 5 days i have read Dogs of War, Past Perfect, Banner by Azzarello and Hulk: Gray.

Hulk: Gray i liked, It was a bit different but it was good, Dogs of War and Past Perfect were a mix of good and bad but Banner i thought was pretty terrible in fact it's the worst Hulk related book i have read. I thought the art was terrible and Hulk looked like Shrek so i really didn't like it. Samson came off as a bit of a douche too.