Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Carey Looks To Marvel U's Past and Future

Mike Carey spoke about "Thor: Wolves of the North," set during the Marvel Universe's Dark Ages and his two present day X-Men projects; the ongoing "X-Men: Legacy" and the upcoming video game "X-Men: Destiny."

Full article here.

I hoep I have the right system for that.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I hoep I have the right system for that.
    I only have a Sega Genesis hooked up.

BANNED

Really Random is showing up is there a single living obscure mutant that isn't on Utopia. Look forward to 245 though.

Oh dear. I think I'm stuck in a trap of thinking 'maybe the next arc that I don't know about yet will be really good!'. And then it's not. And then you get hopeful for the arc six issues from now you know nothing about yet.

Le sigh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnuala View Post
    Oh dear. I think I'm stuck in a trap of thinking 'maybe the next arc that I don't know about yet will be really good!'. And then it's not. And then you get hopeful for the arc six issues from now you know nothing about yet.

Le sigh.
    Well he is sating it will be the arc he is remembered for so I hope it is far better than the current arc not that the current arc is particurally bad or anything.

Thank god they're giving Hellion hands.

It was beginning to look ridiculous that he was walking around with stumps while Karma paraded around on her fancy leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Well he is sating it will be the arc he is remembered for so I hope it is far better than the current arc not that the current arc is particurally bad or anything.
    It's his job to talk it up. And it's not like the last arc has been bad, or offensive. It's just so disappointing.

He has hands!
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Go take a chill pill ProfeZZor X's Avatar

Random?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    He has hands!
    He can do a song and dance routine now!

And, ugh, spare me Rogue standing beside Magneto. I cannot tear my eyes out every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnuala View Post
    It's his job to talk it up. And it's not like the last arc has been bad, or offensive. It's just so disappointing.
    Agreed. Here's to hoping the quality improves.

With that said, the preview does look good. Davidson's pencils don't look as good here as they did in New Mutants (maybe once colored...). However, his story portrayal is good. You can feel the tension there with Hellion and Hope. And Psylocke! I'd like to see her gives him some tips.

BANNED

I loved the Xavier arcs and was excited about Rogue and the New X kids getting the spotlight but I feel like I'm still waiting for it to get going.

Saying that Carey is obviously a skilled writer and writes characters in a way you can relate to them which is something a lot of books at Marvel lack these days.

I just find the Children Of The Vault pretty forgettable as individuals. I mean I've nearly read about 10 or so issues with these characters now and the only one whose name I remember is Serafina. Still that can always change. I just think a good team of villains should be like the brotherhood and the members should be able to stand out as villains in their own right, otherwise they are just Daleks, Sentinels, or Borg.

Does anyone else think that the upcoming arc mentioned will be the Age Of X event.

All the other X-books are mid arc at the mo and I think Age Of X will be like the Vampire 'event' in X-Men tied to just one title with a couple of one shots and minis.

Good to see Random getting some more page time again. Another great character where the ball was dropped back in the 90's by the ever rotating x-creators.

I do believe we were promised some Maggot though and I'd like to see that promised followed through on because I can't see any other write doing it and like to see someone tap into the characters potential after so much work was put into making him relevant back in the day.

I mean the hard work is done, Selene brought him back. Plus it would make up for making Ariel outshine the other characters in the book before blowing her up. Good to make us care about what are perceived as red shirts, but bad to get rid off one of the few x-characters that was a breath of fresh air to the books.

If Mr Carey is reading this, can I put my vote in for taking over where Kyle & Yost left off with their use of The Vanisher.

He really became a great character and I'd love to see his interaction with the younger X-Men especially considering his, villainous past, his cowardice and his prior leadership of the Fallen Angels.

And dare I hope for Doop!!

Prodigy time.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Carey referenced probably my favorite part of Supernovas, that Sabretooth was scared s***less of the COTV. That really worked well in playing up their menace (that, and Bachalo's designs).