Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2003

Good review, Plawsky. =) I really enjoyed this two-parter as well. I'd give it a solid 8/10.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    That's what I liked about this arc, it took a step back for a second to look at what this crazy story was doing to everyone. Hickman is obviously great at seeing the forrest, but he shows here that he hasn't forgotten about the trees.
    You know I'm going to have to re-read these issues. I don't really remember any slow down in Hickman's arc's. That made it mostly amazing, but I also felt it left a few things lacking. The one that sticks out most in my mind is the fall of asgard, but I'm not sure that has happened yet in our review.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

What's next up? Ultimate comics x-men vol 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You know I'm going to have to re-read these issues. I don't really remember any slow down in Hickman's arc's. That made it mostly amazing, but I also felt it left a few things lacking. The one that sticks out most in my mind is the fall of asgard, but I'm not sure that has happened yet in our review.
    Yeah, that happened right off the bat in issue #2. This arc (which again, is hard to call an arc) focuses on the characters during the fall out of the failed attacks on the City, as well as their planning for what comes next. Fury recruiting Cap, Thor having dinner with Jane (and Asgard), Captain Britain dealing with his brother's cancer, Tony angry at the Kratos club, etc. It's an epilogue of sorts to the first four issues, but it also sets up what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by webhead921 View Post
    What's next up? Ultimate comics x-men vol 1?
    Yes, sir! Though it'll probably be a few weeks, because that's the pace I've been going at lately.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, that happened right off the bat in issue #2. This arc (which again, is hard to call an arc) focuses on the characters during the fall out of the failed attacks on the City, as well as their planning for what comes next. Fury recruiting Cap, Thor having dinner with Jane (and Asgard), Captain Britain dealing with his brother's cancer, Tony angry at the Kratos club, etc. It's an epilogue of sorts to the first four issues, but it also sets up what's coming.
    I'm planning on re-reading issues 1-12 tonight. I'll get back to you.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 11-07-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

So I finally read ultimatum, and I sort of enjoyed it. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. My opinion may be skewed, because I was reading it for the first time already knowing who would die and who would live. I would not say it is necessarily good, but I didn't think it was significantly worse than a lot of other event comics. I'll post a review soon

About Hickman's "The World" arc. Specifically these two issues do mostly focus on the fall out of America and S.H.I.E.L.D realizing that they are out of their depth against the Children. It is definitely a slow down from the "global" view of Hickman's full run but I still felt it was very jumpy. We got complete stories involving some of the major characters but it still came across as a very fast paced story. I think if these stories would've had one more issue I probably wouldn't have felt that way. Despite that one complaint the mini arc was still well written and Hickman clearly gets the personality of these characters. Solid work.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Great Work Plawsky! Found this forum last summer, after trying to find a good, or dare I say ULTIMATE Ultimate Marvel Reading Order xD Registered now so I can give feedback, and so far you have done an excellent job, even though I think some of the scores are a little to high sometimes, but that's just MY opinion! =) Finally gotten to Ultimatum now, after trying to get there for 3 years now, I just hope it's not as bad as everyone keeps telling me =P

Keep up the Good Work

You're still working on one that you started over six months ago. I figure your review for this will be ready sometime in 2025.
    HA! Gave me a good chuckle!

And needless to say, great review again Plawsky, very thorough. Always enjoy reading them. :)
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Kingvald View Post
    Great Work Plawsky! Found this forum last summer, after trying to find a good, or dare I say ULTIMATE Ultimate Marvel Reading Order xD Registered now so I can give feedback, and so far you have done an excellent job, even though I think some of the scores are a little to high sometimes, but that's just MY opinion! =) Finally gotten to Ultimatum now, after trying to get there for 3 years now, I just hope it's not as bad as everyone keeps telling me =P

Keep up the Good Work
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it. Welcome to the forums; I hope you stick around. Don't let Ultimatum drive you away, there's some great stuff to follow (and also some not-so-great... but we don't like to focus on those).

No no, i will continue reading! Been looking at the latest issues of Ultimates and X-Men, and now I'm REALLY looking forward to get there! =P Besides Wolverine dying, Ultimatum was okay... My expectations were so low, that it actually caught me by surprise that it really wasn't THAT bad =P I would Give it 7 out of |0, and the whole of the Utimate Universe up to that point a 9.5!! Just a weekiend or two now, and I am up to speed ;) Good luck with the next review! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingvald View Post
    No no, i will continue reading! Been looking at the latest issues of Ultimates and X-Men, and now I'm REALLY looking forward to get there! =P Besides Wolverine dying, Ultimatum was okay... My expectations were so low, that it actually caught me by surprise that it really wasn't THAT bad =P I would Give it 7 out of |0, and the whole of the Utimate Universe up to that point a 9.5!! Just a weekiend or two now, and I am up to speed ;) Good luck with the next review! =)
    You are more forgiving than we, and hopeful too. How refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    You are more forgiving than we, and hopeful too. How refreshing.
    Yeah... My only problem with Ultimate Marvel, is that almost everyone is a jerk xD Sometimes it feels like it's ONLY Peter Parker who is a good guy.. and we all know what happens to him in the end xD

BREAKING NEWS!!

After the weekend, I'll be posting my next review! But it won't be the first six issues... it will be THE FIRST TWELVE!

That's right folks. In the two year history of this project, it will be my FIRST twelve-issue review! I debated breaking it up after #6, but it really needs to be read as a whole. There's a definite break there, but there's also a break after #7 and #11 as well, so I figured I would just tackle the whole thing at once. I'd love to share some more thoughts on it now, but you'll have to wait for that...

If you haven't reread it yet, you've got homework this weekend!

If you haven't reread it yet, you've got homework this weekend!
    I dropped this book after #6, and I've been waiting for Comixology to drop #7-12 to $1.99.