Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Prophet View Post
    My daughter doesn't know any better, but I'm really enjoying the Ultimate X-Men. Have read up to Fire and Brimestone, but I'm holding off reading the Ultimate War series until I go back and work my way through your list.

Just finished Ultimate Iron Man I, not as enjoyable as the X-Men and I had to get into the mind set that this was a new Iron Man rather than the one I grew up with. I'm sure once I read it again it will be a bit better.
    Ultimate Iron Man I is a good comic. I real like the new take on Tony Stark, but sadly Iron Man I and II have been turned non-canon.
    They are currently a cartoon in the Ultimate Universe, this happened in Ultimate Avengers.

I recommend also picking up Ultimate Spider-Man it was very good and consistent.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 03-14-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Ultimate Iron Man I is a good comic. I real like the new take on Tony Stark, but sadly Iron Man I and II have been turned non-canon.
    They are currently an cartoon in the Ultimate Universe, this happened in Ultimate Avengers.

I recommend also picking up Ultimate Spider-Man it was very good and consistent.
    Thanks......... I actually enjoyed Iron Man II better than I.

Can't seem to find Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra in the digital store either.... and it seems Ultimate Elektra is a follow on.
    So Ultimate Spiderman is next

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Prophet View Post
    Thanks......... I actually enjoyed Iron Man II better than I.

Can't seem to find Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra in the digital store either.... and it seems Ultimate Elektra is a follow on.
    So Ultimate Spiderman is next
    Excellent! To be honest, I really regret putting Iron Man and DD/Elektra at the beginning of the thread. They take place earlier in the timeline, but USM #1 should really be the starting point. You're in for some great stuff. Enjoy!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

How about USM #0.5 and UXM #0.5? Take places between which editions?

“Thinking sucks” -Beavis andrewtheking's Avatar

I am new to this forum but long time fan :)

I have started the Ultimate Universe volume 2: the first Ultimate Comics era. Some of these books I had picked up when they started in 08-09, but the there is a lot of all new territory coming up for me.

Ultimate Comics Armor Wars:
    I picked up the first issueof this mini when it was published but never had the other 3 issues. It was a pretty cool story dealing with Stark trying to secure stolen and sold Iron Man tech after the Ultimatum Wave. I like that we see Iron Man battling with his own suits malfunctions, like he doesn't have all the kinks worked out of it. It's a little reminder that despite all Stark has done he really hasn't been active that long. After reading Fraction's 616 Iron Man, the difference in characterizations is a bit off-putting, one of the reasons I don't like jumping back and forth from reading UU and 616. Still a good read, and it is written by Ellis so you really can't go wrong.

Ultimate X:
    Holy crap! This book was...dare I say...great? I never even gave this book a second thought before, but I am really glad I got it now! Each issue was better than the last, the one about Liz and Teddy Allen was especially well done. And the artwork was some of the best so far in the Ultimate line. I feel like I need to pick up Ultimate Comics: X-Men after this. I still can't believe how impressed I was with this series.

Next up, Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 2!
    I need a smaller pull list :(

Wow. Thanks for the bump. I never venture onto this board much so I completely missed this thread.

A very late but sincere thank you to all the reviewers in this thread. Terrific job.

This is a great idea! I would like insight on all of the Ultimate books I don't have. I'll be reading along and chiming in on books and arcs that I own/have read. Happy reading everyone :-)

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized that I replied to a 3 year old thread :-(
    Last edited by kevintown311; 04-21-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevintown311 View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, just realized that I replied to a 3 year old thread :-(
    It's still going active.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

We could, in theory, have a redo. It's been maybe a year or two since the reading was done in earnest. I'd be in for a review or three.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Ultimate Avengers:
    Millar returns to the book, and dominates as usual. We get to meet Ultimate Red Skull, one of the best Ultimizations thus far. Cap goes renegade from the Ultimates, and Nick Fury is tasked with assembling the Avengers to take him down. The best of the 3 minis I've read so far, hands down.

Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 2:
    We pick up with Peter Parker months after Ultimatum, and a lot of things have changed for Spider-Man. 8 issues into this volume and it is just as strong a book as it was in volume 1.

Ultimate Enemy and Mystery:
    Our first glimpse of the Fantastic Four since Ultimatum. Simultaneous attacks on the Baxter Building, Nick Fury, Spider-Man and Roxxon Industries bring the group together to try and find out who is behind these attacks. The books have been building kind of slow, but it's cool to see characters that I haven't in a while, like Captain Marvel, and Spider-Woman. After reading Mystery #4, you definitely want to start Doom right away. Talk about a cliffhanger.

I now have also read Ultimate Doom, Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Captain America, New Ultimates vs. Avengers and the rest of Ultimate Spider-Man. It feels very odd knowing Peter Parker is dead. I haven't read that story yet, I started reading Ultimate Spider-Man when I was a freshman in HS, virtually the same age as Peter. And now, having read all of his super hero exploits, I almost feel like one of my own friends passed away! The last few panels of issue 160 are like salt on the wound. Now I get to be introduced to Miles. Being half Puerto Rican myself, I think we will hit it off.

I enjoyed all of these titles but Captain America gets on my nerves sometimes in the Ultimate Universe. His mini was a good read but he doesn't have a fraction of the heroism his 616 counterpart does. Sometimes he seems to be a genuine human being and other times he is just a straight asshole. The cynicism of the Ultimates and Ultimate Avengers has turned me off in the last few minis. Iron Man seems to have grown the most since U1, and into a honest to god super-hero too. He was scared and unsure of himself at the start, regretful about the lives he's been forced to take, is always planning a head. I know Captain America is a soldier but it would be nice to see him have some restraint like 616 Cap and not always blowing someone away with an assault rifle. I guess it's part of the job, he has to be the one willing to do whatever has to be done to win. I am curious to see how Cap's attitude develops post-DoSM.

Ultimate Fallout up next, then on to the Ultimate Universe, vol. 3!

Good Day All!

I am just about finished with the Ultimatum Arc (I know, I'm a late bloomer!)

I think I have most of the Post Ultimatum Comics, but I just want to know what the best reading order is. I know that best can be in the eye of the super hero, but I can give some criteria, if that helps.

I would prefer to read the arcs together (instead of skipping around). Think early Ultimate comics, not the Ultimatum Arc. It's not a major problem to jump around titles, just a personal preference.

I tried a quick Google Search and most of the searches end with deceit results. I just wanted the 'experts' opinion.

The Order I found(put together based on several posts) is:

Ultimate Comics Thor
    Ultimate Comics Armor Wars
    Ultimate Comics Avengers #1-6
    Ultimate Comics X #1-5
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1-6
    Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #1-6
    Ultimate Captain America
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #7-15
    Ultimate Comics New Ultimates #1-5
    Ultimate Comics Enemy #1-4
    Ultimate Comics Mystery #1-4
    Ultimate Comics Doom #1-4
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #150-155
    Ultimate Comics Avengers 3 #1-6
    Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #1-2
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #156-157
    Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #3-4
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #158-159
    Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #5-6 (This is a guess)
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #160
    Ultimate Comics Fallout #1-6

I think I saw an Ultimate Comics Hawkeye.

Does that occur after fallout?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Quote Originally Posted by jeswanson86 View Post
    Good Day All!

I am just about finished with the Ultimatum Arc (I know, I'm a late bloomer!)

I think I have most of the Post Ultimatum Comics, but I just want to know what the best reading order is. I know that best can be in the eye of the super hero, but I can give some criteria, if that helps.

I would prefer to read the arcs together (instead of skipping around). Think early Ultimate comics, not the Ultimatum Arc. It's not a major problem to jump around titles, just a personal preference.

I tried a quick Google Search and most of the searches end with deceit results. I just wanted the 'experts' opinion.

The Order I found(put together based on several posts) is:

Ultimate Comics Thor
    Ultimate Comics Armor Wars
    Ultimate Comics Avengers #1-6
    Ultimate Comics X #1-5
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1-6
    Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #1-6
    Ultimate Captain America
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #7-15
    Ultimate Comics New Ultimates #1-5
    Ultimate Comics Enemy #1-4
    Ultimate Comics Mystery #1-4
    Ultimate Comics Doom #1-4
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #150-155
    Ultimate Comics Avengers 3 #1-6
    Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #1-2
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #156-157
    Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #3-4
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #158-159
    Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #5-6 (This is a guess)
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #160
    Ultimate Comics Fallout #1-6

I think I saw an Ultimate Comics Hawkeye.

Does that occur after fallout?

Thanks for any information you can provide!
    Here is the correct reading order:
    Ultimate Marvel Reading Order thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Here is the correct reading order:
    Ultimate Marvel Reading Order thread
    Thank you very much! I am glad you pointed me to this resource :D