Okay, so lately, this board has been full of a lot of arguing over just a few topics. And I think that's gotten a little tiring. So after getting out my Ultimate long box and thinking about reading through it all again, I thought let's have some fun with this! So here's my idea:
Over the next few months, I'm going to read through the whole Ultimate Universe. I'll report back here as I go along so I can do quick reviews of each book. I think it'd be fun if we all did this, though I know it's a lot of reading. Like, a lot of reading. But even if you don't read it all, surely you can find the time to read a few stories here and there. And at the very least, I know we've almost all read this stuff before, so we can all discuss it.
And here's an added bonus, hopefully. If you're new to Ultimate Marvel, read along! This really is a great way to get into comics, and since we're starting from the beginning, there's nothing to be behind on!
This is how I'm hoping this will work:
1) I'm following the order detailed by Domenic in this post. It's probably not perfect, but it's good enough. I like it better than the release order, at least. There's a few books missing from the list, so I'll have a "NEXT TIME..." line at the bottom of each review for guidance.
2) I'll hopefully read an arc or two every few days. Not only will that give me time to read, but we'll have some time to discuss.
3) Let's try to keep discussions about the books that have already been covered. Additionally, please keep spoilers to a minimum. Not about the stories we're discussing, those spoilers are fair game, but future books. In case there are new readers joining us, I don't want anything ruined for them. I understand some may just slip out (after all, some of these are 10 years old), but just be careful.
4) Obviously, feel free to read ahead. However, let's attempt to stay at roughly the same place when it comes to discussions.
5) Try not to let feuds from other threads creep into this one. I know we all have differences, but let's stay on topic for once here. I don't want to see the word Ultimatum for a long time in this thread.
6) I'm going to give each book an arbitrary rating. They probably won't stay consistent, but oh well. You all should too!
7) Have fun! (Lame, I know...but isn't that required to be the last rule?!)
That's about all I can think of. I think this could be really awesome if people participate; otherwise it's just me ranting. Hopefully, this is just what this board needs to get some positive discussions again. Also, if you know of anyone looking to get into comics, point them this way - I would love for this to be how someone started reading, but I know that's probably overly ambitious. For now, let's just enjoy this for what it is. God help us when we get to Loeb, though...
Finally, let me know if you have any ideas of how this could work better, be more entertaining, or whatever. I want as much participation as possible.