Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default What the heck Yankees ?

The quest for a 28th championship has died this year. The team with a payroll big enough to slide a bunch of smaller market teams fell to the Rangers . I am STUNNED. This is the Yankees . They should be rolling teams under the table with that big $300+ million payroll.

Next year the Yankees will need to SPEND MORE. At least up the ante and try and get payroll to $400 million and win baby. A 28th Championship must happen for them. The fans are demanding more spending to win damn it !

Some will say this is karma of some kind. That the Yankees beat the Rangers a few times and knocked em outta the playoffs. But hell...they deserved it. Was their payroll big and did they have superstars beyond A-Rod when they handed him $250+ million ?

Nooooo ! So what happens ...the Rangers have to have a fire sale and pretty much like a flea market , sell A-Rod off to the highest bidder between the Red Sox and Yankees.

Hell is it any shock Tom Hicks went broke ?

I mean the guy was $500+ million in debt and needed to unload the team by 2010. Dude..ya give one player $250+ million in 10 years , I'm sure beyond bein the Yankees , you'd go broke too !

The newest owner was a pleasent suprise. Who would guess that the group that bought the Rangers would have Hall of Famer , Nolan Ryan as president ?

Nolan you best enjoy this prize for now. The 1st Rangers trip to the World Series in 50 years. Because by god...the Yankees will have vengence. If they have to sign everyone to win next year ...they will. Because the Steinbrenner's demand to win !
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

My boss is a huge Yankees fan, so I love rubbing it in his face whenever they lose. Glad it proves that money cannot always guarantee a championship.

I for one am thrilled that the Yankees lost.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Forgive Friedrich's Debt Aaron Kashtan's Avatar

Aaron Kashtan | Formerly Sir Tim Drake
    Classic Comics Forum Moderator Emeritus
    COTM MC Emeritus
    Brittain Fellowship | UF Comics Studies | Examples of my work
    ---
    "Meanwhile, a puppy that fell down a storm drain on Proxima Centauri was rescued by a trained slith, which unfortunately then ate it. And now, sports."

Where the Highway Ends and the Desert Breaks

I only start giving a shit about baseball when the Yankees lose big time.

And against a team from Texas to boot.
    "Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Fuck the Yankees. Enjoy your first world series, Texas.

YANKEES SUCK! YANKEES SUCK!

Actually, I don't give a shit about the Yankees or about baseball really, but as a Bostonian I'm legally obligated to never pass up an opportunity to rub it in when the Yankees lose.

Good. I hate the Yankees with every fiber in my body.
    3 x Rita 5000 Champ 4 x Rita 5000 Runner-Up

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Baaaaaahhh the Yankees will come back. Reload with more high priced players and roll. The quest for the 28th Championship will happen. Hank Steinbrenner warned the Rays not to get comfy that one year. It will happen again !

"Don't fuck with the Empire Texas !"
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Everytime the Yankees lose, an angel gets its wings.

Hey! It's not about money and it's not about winning.

It's about the love of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The quest for a 28th championship has died this year. The team with a payroll big enough to slide a bunch of smaller market teams fell to the Rangers . I am STUNNED. This is the Yankees . They should be rolling teams under the table with that big $300+ million payroll.
    200 million.

That said, A-rod's salary was equal to 94.5% of the Pirate's payroll.

Whenever the Yankess get eliminated from the playoffs I always sing "Ding, Dong the Witch is Dead."
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I remember during the Yankees three peat, it was hard to escape the fear that they would simply outspend everyone every year and win the title year after year.

And while they have outspent everyone, and make the playoffs year after year, in the past ten years only one title.

In fact if the Giants beat the Phillies, in the past ten years there will have been 9 different champions. Pretty awesome that.
    Liked Deadpool before it was cool...