Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have so many TV shows on my queue to watch, I'll continue with Netflix streaming for quite a while.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

BANNED

I watch mostly tv series on it. it's easily worth the $8 a month or whatever it is. if I watch half of a series (whatever series) it's still cheaper than one season on dvd... even just renting.

so yeah. I'd like more movies, though. newer, or just better. I rarely watch movies on it anymore.

I like it and keep it for those times when there just isn't anything good to watch on DirecTV (rare, but it happens). Plus they do have some older stuff that is fun to watch. We have been watching the old Jim Hensen "Dinosaurs" series. You know... the one with Baby Sinclair...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baby-Sinclair-dinosaurs-the-show-30931747-800-600.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	104131

I think its fine...pleny of different things and its very robust

even some random Bollywood flicks are in there...Singham just got added this week
    Support your local roller derby league

I do think the streaming selection is disappointing. Too much amateur stuff, and it looks like they're mainly interested in TV series now.

I still wish they'd stream the anime in its original language, you know, like most anime fans prefer...but then I probably wouldn't be able to get subtitles, like with half the foreign films they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I do think the streaming selection is disappointing. Too much amateur stuff, and it looks like they're mainly interested in TV series now.

I still wish they'd stream the anime in its original language, you know, like most anime fans prefer...but then I probably wouldn't be able to get subtitles, like with half the foreign films they offer.
    oh really? is THAT what they prefer?

#sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    I watch mostly tv series on it. it's easily worth the $8 a month or whatever it is. if I watch half of a series (whatever series) it's still cheaper than one season on dvd... even just renting.

so yeah. I'd like more movies, though. newer, or just better. I rarely watch movies on it anymore.
    Netflix just got up here in Scandinavia and i wonder how good are they with tv shows? They dont have many real old films that i usually watch but im a big DVD tv fan and can save time if they add new seasons. How fast do they add seasons on the show they have ?

The swedish version looks very shallow so far with few options but if they had more new,old tv shows i might change my lovefilm account for Netflix.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BANNED

They're pretty slow about adding new seasons, unfortunately. I'm not sure why, but it's not ideal for keeping up with your favorite shows. It is great for finished shows you haven't seen or want to watch again.

They're pretty slow about adding new seasons, unfortunately. I'm not sure why, but it's not ideal for keeping up with your favorite shows. It is great for finished shows you haven't seen or want to watch again.
    they have new deals with ABC/Disney, NBC (for vault stuff) and CBS...some stuff gets there quicker than others but some stuff shows up pretty quickly....The Artist is now on Watch Instant

Then so far they are totally useless to me. I can get faster than that DVD tv shows from Lovefilm and also classic american films from 1930s and forward and new Asian,European films. So far Netflix dont have any of that in films department in the Swedish versions.

So far it looks like decent videostore dominated by Hollywood films. Sure i like watching old tv shows like The Office, Arrested Development streaming but not worth enough to change to Nexflix.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Elder Member

The selection can be a bit dodgy overall, bit for only $8/month, the break-even threshold on the investment is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The selection can be a bit dodgy overall, bit for only $8/month, the break-even threshold on the investment is pretty low.
    exactly...if you watch say one movie and two episodes of a tv show, youve gotten your moneys worth IMO

plus all the FX stuff, with the exception of Its Always Sunny makes it there pretty quick

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post

#sarcasm
    I sure don’t. If it’s not dubbed it seems lazy. I shouldn’t have to pay for subtitles on DVD and Netflix especially when Crunchyroll and a number of other official sites have that for free.

Besides, for all the “purist” complaining about terrible translations, I’ve only ever seen one dub that was all that bad. Honestly the dialogue in the Gundam movie trilogy is so awful that its great (“easy as cake” “shoot them first and ask questions afterward”). I wish I could find the English dub on DVD; its one of the few VHSs I still have and I don’t even own a VCR anymore.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL “B”.

I don't know if it's true but I recently heard that AMAZON is going to offer up a monthly plan for people who want to stream their AMAZON PRIME movies. I guess it will be the same movies they off their current AP subscribers who pay a one time yearly fee. I have no idea how big that library is but I guess you could supplement it with the new movies/shows they offer for a fee.

Anyone looking to get away from cable should try the ROKU. It streams NETFLIX, HULU PLUS, AMAZON, and lots of free channels of movies, shows and Anime and things you can't get on normal cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Yes, just like people who love foreign film don't want to watch English dubs of those.