Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Van Lente Focuses on the "Taskmaster" at Hand

Fred Van Lente spoke with CBR News about Taskmaster's journey of self-discovery involving extraterrestrial bikers and a masked narco-terrorist and spills the beans on how strange things will get.

Full article here.

Elder Member

Good mini series, but I'm not liking this sweeping recon, or the fact that the writer's referring to Tasky as an anti-hero...
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 10-22-2010 at 07:08 AM.

"Taskmaster" by Van Lente and Palo concludes in December, but the character can next be seen in "Avengers Academy."

Um Spoiler alert?

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Everything Van Lente produces is gold...

seems like he's doing his own 'Deadpool' session here, with awesome amazing ideas...and Jefte Paolo' art is at his best...

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaZilla View Post
    "Taskmaster" by Van Lente and Palo concludes in December, but the character can next be seen in "Avengers Academy."

Um Spoiler alert?
    How is that a spoiler?

Also, Lente definitely should take over from Way on Deadpool. Or just do a Taskmaster + Deadpool book (in the vein of Cable and Deadpool).

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Los narcocorrientes!

"Make the MAGIC!"

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Hitler town?

I. Can't. Wait.

Glad he says we'll learn everything about his ID and the baddie by the end. yay!

Also Don of the Dead appearing elsewhere is great to hear.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by andybmcd View Post
    How is that a spoiler?
    He survives.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Hitler town?

I. Can't. Wait.

Glad he says we'll learn everything about his ID and the baddie by the end. yay!

Also Don of the Dead appearing elsewhere is great to hear.
    Don of the Dead is a great character. I'm kinda sad we actually found out it's just a former SHIELD agent.

He's coming in on the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by andybmcd View Post
    Also, Lente definitely should take over from Way on Deadpool. Or just do a Taskmaster + Deadpool book (in the vein of Cable and Deadpool).
    Sweet idea. Though Way did a spectacular job writing Bullseye with Deadpool...I'd love to see those two turned into a longer arc. After they resurrect Bullseye of course ;) Bullseye's pure nastiness combined with Deadpool's ongoing struggle to be "good" would make an interesting series.
    There is a man in a room, with a typewriter....

Default thumbs up

This series is so awesome. Great 'oh-snap' moments, and a ton of fun. Full value on this book. Can't wait to see more of the 'black choppers'.

You kow...I thought this would suck.
    Really, I saw the preview and did not imeadeately dig the art and Tasky is usually not a favorite of mine with his silly costume and (usually drawn) goofy mask.

But this this just shows how a great writer can do something brilliant with a character and make him an instant favorite of mine!

This was the best suprise in a while- both issues have been hysterical without going into so far as to make them not fit into the greater MU.
    All the crazies have been great and lente is really diggging into contunity with losers like the League of Living Lightening.

Fury's involvment is going to be great, I think- I can totally see Taskmaster as yet another attempt by SHIELD to make a super-agent and having the agent go nuts (Constrictor, anyone?).
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.