Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE BAT SIGNAL: Grant Morrison, Part II

In part two of our epic interview, Grant Morrison opens up about the BatFranchise changes under his stewardship and where it goes next from "Batman, Inc." to his future with Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne and more.

Full article here.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    In part two of our epic interview, Grant Morrison opens up about the BatFranchise changes under his stewardship and where it goes next from "Batman, Inc." to his future with Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne and more.

Full article here.
    I'm kind of interested to see how much Darkseid will factor into Return of Bruce Wayne #6. The whole Batman meets Kirby dynamic sounds so cool yet out of left field. There probably the two universes in DC that coexist together the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    I'm kind of interested to see how much Darkseid will factor into Return of Bruce Wayne #6. The whole Batman meets Kirby dynamic sounds so cool yet out of left field. There probably the two universes in DC that coexist together the least.
    Which, of course, sometimes makes it irresistable for a writer to put them together.

BANNED

"James Robinson kills them all." LOL.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Saxon View Post
    "James Robinson kills them all." LOL.
    Yep, that deserves a bit of a:

Who did James Robinson kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Freedom Beast is all I can think off the top of my head... but isn't that enough?

Great interview. Loved hearing that the New Gods will be back in a big way for Multiversity.
    Action Comics, American Vampire, AV: Lord of Nightmares, Atomic Robo, Batman Inc, Batwoman, The Flash, Prophet, Uncanny X-Force

heres your new Bat Signal

He also had Oliver kill Prometheus

Don't forget Supergirl's parents and almost every person on New Krypton (the enlarged Kandor).
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

All this talk of Darkseid in Morrison's final issue of B&R makes me wonder if Hurt will indeed turn out to be Darkseid, as some have speculated.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I myself don't think Hurt will wind up as Darkseid. Who knows though at this point.

Based on this latest interview with Grant (Part 1), I think Grant will ultimately leave Hurt as ambiguous. You won't know whether he is just a crazy lunatic semi-immortal possible Wayne ancestor, or a semi-immortal possible Wayne ancestor possessed by The Devil/Hyper-Adapter/Hyperfauna.

Morrison said "We knew Doctor Hurt was the Black Glove, but who is Doctor Hurt? Is he the Devil? Is he Bruce's father? Is he some other person? I wanted to do that so people would engage with it and talk about it. And they really did. Everyone came up with their own ideas, and I love that about that particular character. He is that kind of empty space in the story that people can plug their own imaginations into. At the same time it comes to an end now, so we learn a lot more about him, but I did want to keep a little bit of that ambiguity in there because that's what he's all about...The fans have been following all these threads so that everyone who's made a guess is right basically. [Laughs] There are a few streams and tributaries that feed into what Doctor Hurt actually is, but most people got at least one part of it right."
    Last edited by jgiannantoni05; 10-20-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHood087 View Post
    He also had Oliver kill Prometheus
    And in general I know there was a lot of (often undeserved) backdraft on this board over Robinson killing off Lian Harper and a couple of the Global Guardians.

I hope Hurt isn't Darkseid. That seems like it would be a bit of a copout at this point.

Outside of Morrison characters - Robinson took out two of the better villains from the 80s-90s.

Arnold Wesker -- fire up the Lazarus Pit, he needs brought back, shouldn't have been killed off.
    KGBeast

Oooh my god lol @ Morrison talking about diversifying the DCU when he has done nothing to do so.

Anyway, good interview aside from that eye-roll worthy part.
    Miss Ferris of the Sapphire Corps: Fighting hate with LOVE.
    Unapologetic fan of all female characters you despise!