Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are You Going To Buy More DC Titles Now...

Simple question are you going to be buying more DC comics now that they have lowered their prices to 2.99?

I'm tempted to pick up more of their titles now especially Action Comics, since I dropped it because, of the 3.99 price tag.

So what titles if any are you going to be buying from DC now that they have lowered their prices?
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

I like trying new titles and with the price decrease I'll definitely be reading more DC stuff. Right now the only thing I'm sure I want to try is Batman: The Dark Knight.
    Last edited by Zach J.; 10-19-2010 at 06:23 AM.

I think I'll buy about the same amount but I've been more about the creative team, character, and story more than just simply an attractive price point.

However, if say The SHIELD were $2.99 and didn't have the co-feature I would have been more prone to have checked it out.

I didn't drop Legion of Super Heroes and i added Action Comics so far. If Dark Knight gets good reviews and i like the first issue i'll buy it.

I did drop Brightest Day though Xo That cleared room for 2 extra monthly titles. My DC buying is at an all-time high though, around 11 books in the December pre-order compared to 5 marvel, 2 image, 1 dark horse. The lower prices will help Marvel the most from me since i dropped a ton of Marvel books and stopped picking up new ones because all new books were basically $3.99
    Last edited by turtlefood; 10-18-2010 at 01:48 PM.

I won't be adding anything immediately, but I will be staying with a couple of $3.99 titles that were on the chopping block.

I'm definitely more likely to add Batman: The Dark Knight. We'll see what else.
    Action Comics, American Vampire, AV: Lord of Nightmares, Atomic Robo, Batman Inc, Batwoman, The Flash, Prophet, Uncanny X-Force

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

The 2.99 does make it a lot easier to decide on the Batman titles, i wasn't sure if i was going to pick them all up, but now

I just buy Batman, Batman and Robin and Fables. I think I will pick up Red Robin, Wonder Woman and one more book but im not sure of yet.

BANNED

In a way yes. There were titles I was planning to drop, but will not anymore. There were other books I was on the fence over that I have decided yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    I just buy Batman, Batman and Robin and Fables. I think I will pick up Red Robin, Wonder Woman and one more book but im not sure of yet.
    the current flash and secret six are really well written
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.

Quote Originally Posted by daveageallen View Post
    the current flash and secret six are really well written
    Im not a fan of the Flash but the Secret Six sounds like a really cool idea ill check it out. Thanks

Nope. Saving the extra dollar is nice but I will be buying the exact same number of titles either way. I've said this before, if a comic is really great then it's worth four bucks (to me), and if it's not, then it's probably not worth buying at all.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Nah, cuz I'm gettin' everythin' I want by DC now anyways, so, no. Plus, a dollar price drop doesn't seem like much to me to start going, "Let me add more books.". It doesn't seem substantial enough. Maybe, I should pull out a calculator, but that's no fun.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Yes. I will be trying titles that I would have passed on with the $4 price. Dark Knight is one title that I am now going to buy.

Definitely.

Action Comics for one, but also going to consider supporting more titles, especially new ones.