Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CBR TV: Paul Cornell

DC Comics exclusive writer Paul Cornell spoke with CBR TV about making the jump from Marvel to DC, the growing popularity of"Doctor Who," his current run on "Action Comics," "Knight and Squire" and much more.

Full article here.

BANNED

One of the best deisions DC could have made is getting an exclusive with Cornell.

Yup, the trifecta announcement of Cornell/Lemire/Snyder as DC exclusive was the first good move toward new talent from DC in a long time.

Next is to lock down Ivan Brandon, Eric Trautmann, Nick Spencer and a handful of others and they'll be all set.

Listening to this makes me sad I didn't sit in on the panel with him at BICS yesterday, would've loved to have heard him talk more about his Luthor stories and Knight & Squire.

I'm hoping to get both of them in trade (although may cave and buy Knight and Squire in singles), so far his DC work has looked really impressive :)

I've read Superman: Secret Origin and I don't know what Cornell is referring to about Luthor doing something good and then taking it away. Does he mean the Superboy story in Adventure Comics by Geoff Johns?
    Pull List: Green Lantern, Brightest Day, Legion of Superheroes, and Action Comics

I think he's mixed them up. Regardless, excellent interview.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial idiot View Post
    Listening to this makes me sad I didn't sit in on the panel with him at BICS yesterday, would've loved to have heard him talk more about his Luthor stories and Knight & Squire.

I'm hoping to get both of them in trade (although may cave and buy Knight and Squire in singles), so far his DC work has looked really impressive :)
    His action comics has been amazing so far. You really should pick it up. Also if you have the chance pick up the series Captain Britain and MI:13. You won't regret it!
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra