View Poll Results: Do You Like Rahne Better Now?

Voters
32. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, she's a break-out star.

26 81.25%
  • No, I want her to put on a gingham dress and call for her mummy.

6 18.75%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wolfsbane is a member of X-Factor which is currently on issue 230. You should pick it up.
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

www.peopleyouknow.tv

How do you feel about the look of 90s Wolfsbane? You know, the "human with a little fur, pointy ears and long hair" look. The look Wolfsbane had even after she regained her human form without having to worry about becoming a Genoshan mutate.

I came into X-Men during the 90s and never really dug Rahne's look then. Read New Mutants in college and fell in love with that Rahne. Interesting era for her though, it's not terrible.

As for costumes, I have liked most of Rahne's and I like seeing her transitional form in civilian clothes. However, I don't like these two costumes.

Maybe it is because I find the masks unnecessary. If it is to hide her secret identity, I never got the impression Rahne had one. Her first appearance had her running from an angry mob led by the man who raised her. If it is just part of the costume, it becomes kind of pointless when it disappears in her transitional form.

I also didn't like whatever she was wearing in X-Force.
    Last edited by ehh246; 05-18-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Retired

Oh Rahne, don't do it. Put it down. Poor girl.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Aww. It's good to see her happy. Anyway, does anyone know where I can find references to Rahne being a Presbyterian in the 80s or 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by ehh246 View Post

Ah, simpler times... Also, Bill Sienkiewicz must be grateful that Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" happens to fit his style because I don't think he would have been able to pull off "Snow White" or "Cinderella".
    Oh Dude, you made me so nostalgic. New mutants by Sieniewicz is my all time favortie run for this book. Thanks for that reminder.
    Brevoort about Jean : "Popularity and conversation on internet message boards doesn't equate to sales." Really ? X-Men Origins Sales : Cyclops - 19,049. Emma Frost - 20,093. Jean Grey - 28,596

Quote Originally Posted by ehh246 View Post
    As for costumes, I have liked most of Rahne's and I like seeing her transitional form in civilian clothes. However, I don't like these two costumes.

Maybe it is because I find the masks unnecessary. If it is to hide her secret identity, I never got the impression Rahne had one. Her first appearance had her running from an angry mob led by the man who raised her. If it is just part of the costume, it becomes kind of pointless when it disappears in her transitional form.

I also didn't like whatever she was wearing in X-Force.
    Rahne has been a bit unlucky in the costuming department over the years. This may be primarily the "Tigra factor" where her furry form kinda IS her 'costume'.
    One outfit that we didn't get to see for long that holds a special place is the Pre-XForce New Mutants togs that shapeshifted when Rahne changed forms, allowing modest coverage that fit the character at the time that transitioned into allowing freedom of movement in her werewolf forms.
    And, yknow, putting a ginger in orange=DARING! :-)

Wolfsbane depictions appreciated! Never better than by Sienkiewicz and Adams (Arthur)

Why doesn't PAD want to use her anymore? Was it because all the X-Factor fantard douche bags were complaining about her and saying she is too whiny and pathetic?....I love this girl! I want her back on a book. NOW!

Although, I don't get to voice it often... Rahne Sinclaire was by far my favorite New Mutant. (It's the red hair ) By the by, can anyone tell me the status of Rahne and her baby?
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

I've always been a fan of Wolfsbane.

You don't see many Scottish comic book characters so for me it was always a treat - even though, particularly back in the New Mutant days, I thought some writers use of Scottish-isms was a wee bit suspect. She's written as more believable in the way she speaks now.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Lad View Post
    Why doesn't PAD want to use her anymore? Was it because all the X-Factor fantard douche bags were complaining about her and saying she is too whiny and pathetic?....I love this girl! I want her back on a book. NOW!
    I don't think X-Factor fans were complaining about Rahne. She's not the most popular character, but there are far less liked members on the team. Anyway, her absence is only temporary. Lorna confirmed last issue that Rictor and Shatterstar said she'll be back eventually.

I doubt a mod will actually read this, but should it happen, could you possibly merge this thread with Rahne's other appreciation thread? The poor wee bairn deserves better than three pages.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I don't think X-Factor fans were complaining about Rahne. She's not the most popular character, but there are far less liked members on the team. Anyway, her absence is only temporary. Lorna confirmed last issue that Rictor and Shatterstar said she'll be back eventually.
    Yes, there was alot of complaining. Just go through the review thread for issue #237 when they ladies had their road trip.......I love PAD, but I didnt care too much for the way she was treated in this issue. I know PAD has a great sense of humor and all, but Rahne is made to look like a joke in alot of his issues............I guess im being too sensitive, she is however my favorite Marvel Character next to Storm.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Lad View Post
    Yes, there was alot of complaining. Just go through the review thread for issue #237 when they ladies had their road trip.......I love PAD, but I didnt care too much for the way she was treated in this issue. I know PAD has a great sense of humor and all, but Rahne is made to look like a joke in alot of his issues............I guess im being too sensitive, she is however my favorite Marvel Character next to Storm.
    Rahne is one of my favourite characters as well, and I don't think she's been treated like a joke. She's always been a tortured soul, and things had to get worse before they got better. I'm pleased she's found redemption for herself, no matter how temporary it may end up being.