Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: NYCC LIVE: Spotlight on Geoff Johns

CBR is reporting live from New York Comic Con, where the Spotlight on Geoff Johns panel is now underway. Keep your eyes right here for news and views from DC's CCO and star writer of "Green Lantern," "Brightest Day," and more.

Full article here.

The first fan asked whether would be more plans for John Stewart. "He's one of the main characters in 'Green Lantern Corps,'" Johns said, adding that there would be a "big Green Lantern crossover" next year.

Speaking of which, didn't he hint that there's going to be a GL/Flash crossover sometime in the near future?
    "Call me Kid Flash - and get your big 'S' handed to you! The name's Impulse!"

Young Justice - accept no substitutes.

That Katma Tui question was a very good one. Why did nobody think of that sooner?

"adding that there would be a "big Green Lantern crossover" next year."

Of course there will.

"Johns said that, though the first arc was a reintroduction to Barry Allen, all of the Flashes will share the spotlight in future arcs."

That's good news.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Green Lantern, GLC, GL: New Guardians, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Inc, Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Dial H, Animal Man, Frankenstien, Earth-2

For god's sake....why doesn't anyone ever ask him why Superman is being treated like a total b*tch and if HE is gonna step up in any crossovers or events any time soon? He was a complete mess in his own "event" in War of the Supermen and had to be bailed by Superboy. And he's not in any of his books... (I realize he's in Superman...but that doesn't count...it sucks).

Another of the Corps will get its own series, Johns said. "I probably shouldn't have said that."
    Who do you think it will be? I'm betting Kyle.

<<<yawn>>>

I think 4 GL titles is just too much. I'd probably drop another GL book if I wanted to get it.

It sounds like he's hinting at being involved with Aquaman post-BD, That's all I really care about. C'mon DC, give us Aquaman fan's some love!

Quote Originally Posted by Tochiro View Post
    It sounds like he's hinting at being involved with Aquaman post-BD, That's all I really care about. C'mon DC, give us Aquaman fan's some love!
    Surely John's cant do another title with his current work load.

Boosh and/or Ka-kow! Frisky Dingo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Who do you think it will be? I'm betting Kyle.
    According to the quote he said another Corps will be getting a series, not another Green Lantern. I'd guess the Indigo Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky Dingo View Post
    According to the quote he said another Corps will be getting a series, not another Green Lantern. I'd guess the Indigo Lanterns.
    Oh, my bad. Maybe Larfleeze and his Orange Lanterns? He seems to be pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbird View Post
    Speaking of which, didn't he hint that there's going to be a GL/Flash crossover sometime in the near future?
    The Newsarama.com report on this panel indicates that this was brought up:

3:11- Green Lantern/Flash crossovers forthcoming.
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/nycc...ht-101008.html

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Oh, my bad. Maybe Larfleeze and his Orange Lanterns? He seems to be pretty popular.
    No worries. Yeah, I agree Larfleeze definitely seems to be the most popular of the new bunch of Lanterns. If the new title is going to be a mini-series then going with the Orange Corps makes sense. But if it's going to be a ongoing I think the Indigo Tribe is probably best suited to support that, at least in story potential terms and it would offer a more of a cast right off the bat.
    Last edited by Frisky Dingo; 10-08-2010 at 01:01 PM.

sounds like things are going in an interesting direction. Been a fan of Johns work so far for the most part, I just hope with everything he's taking on he can keep up the quality work!