Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

Default Batman, Inc. and Batman: The Dark Knight Previews from NY Comicon 2010

Here is a link to several preview images up at DC's official blog, the Source.

I think that the art in the Batman, Inc. preview looks great. Interesting to note that Batman, Inc.'s logo is "Batman Incorporated," I know I've seen a little speculation whether or not it would be abbreviated, and now we have our answer. I'm not sure what I think about the title logo, it looks okay, but not as cool as the Batman and Robin logo, IMHO.

I'm not as big a fan of David Finch, but I'm willing to go into the series with an open mind. While I'm not thrilled about the pages shown here, they're pretty good and Finch's writing is an entirely unknown quantity. It could be really good, it could be bad, or anywhere in between, and having such a blank slate behind the title makes it a mystery to me. I'll definitely check the book out, but I'm not sure I'll be buying it quite yet. I do like the Dark Knight logo, I think it has something going for it.

Here are some links to the Batman, Incorporated preview images.

Here is the cover to Batman, Incorporated # 1. And here are preview pages 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Here are some links for the Batman- The Dark Knight preview images as well.

Here is what looks to be page 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
    Last edited by RonnieThunderbolts; 10-08-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Wow. Awesome look to both of those books.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    Here is a link to several preview images up at DC's official blog, the Source.
    Those images of the Dark Knight look pretty awesome... I'm starting to get psyched for it.

Batman Incorporated doesn't impress me anymore then it did.

I can't wait to see this in color

David Finch can friggen draw. I'm really hoping his story telling pulls through.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

The Incorporated preview doesn't really have anything we didn't already know--I assume that the skull-guy's the Japanese villain from the Bat-manga people figured out, and we saw the "Mr. Unknown is Dead" spread before. Still cool, though.

The Dark Knight preview...at least we know homeboy can choreograph a solid fight scene by himself. That's one less thing to worry about. It also looks like Bruce is taking out Croc in a way I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him do before, which is pretty cool. I'm getting a bit more optimistic about this.

I didn't realize Selina is going to be in Batman, Inc.!

~woooo!!~ Nice to see Morrison will be writing her (finally! and in her current state/costume); hopefully he doesn't do to her what he did to Talia.
    ~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

so far it is looking pretty sweet, I am very eagerly awaiting its release

Everything here looks great . . . except that Incorporated logo. Eugh.

Both of these look really great.

Thoughts on Dark Knight - GREAT art, nice to see Croc, hopefully the story is good (I think it will be)

Thoughts on Inc - nice art, awesome morrison craziness right from the start
    Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    The Incorporated preview doesn't really have anything we didn't already know--I assume that the skull-guy's the Japanese villain from the Bat-manga people figured out, and we saw the "Mr. Unknown is Dead" spread before. Still cool, though.
    Who's the skull guy? I missed that thread.

It also looks like Bruce is taking out Croc in a way I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him do before, which is pretty cool.
    Really? I thought it looked almost exactly like the Killer Croc opening (and closing, IIRC) scene from Broken City. Good art, though.

Inc looks gorgeous. I really like Paquette. The title logo is lame and amateurish looking though.

Finch's book is really going to be hit or miss, I can't see any in-between here. The art looks really cool but the fact that he's dedicating the first five pages (at least) of the book to a Batman / Killer Croc fight that will probably have very little to do with the story (he said he wanted to use Croc because "Jim Lee used Croc at the start of Hush") is not a good sign.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Who's the skull guy? I missed that thread.
    That is Lord Death Man, originally a Japanese translation based on the one-off villain Death Man from Batman # 180. Lord Death Man appeared in the Japanese magazine Shonen Ace in 1966. It can be found in the U.S. today easily in the Bat-Manga hardcover with a bunch of other great reprints from the original material produced over there. They were largely retellings of American stories that had been published shortly beforehand, and were sometimes even better, and always had a unique identity and style. They were expertly crafted by Jiro Kuwata, who I believe did the art and writing for the original stories and adaptations printed in Shonen Ace.

It seems like it is another way Grant Morrison is unifying all the different interpretations of Batman by bringing Lord Death Man into mainstream continuity for the first time.
    Last edited by RonnieThunderbolts; 10-08-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    except that Incorporated logo. Eugh.
    Yeah, I agree. There's time for that to change. I feel like if they just shortened it to "Inc." in a redesign, it'd look better.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    That is Lord Death Man, originally a Japanese translation based on the one-off villain Death Man from Batman # 180. Lord Death Man appeared in the Japanese magazine Shonen Ace in 1966. It can be found in the U.S. today easily in the Bat-Manga hardcover with a bunch of other great reprints from the original material produced over there. They were largely retellings of American stories being published shortly beforehand, and were sometimes even better, and always had a unique identity and style. They were expertly crafted by Jiro Kuwata, who I believe did the art and writing for the original stories and adaptations printed in Shonen Ace.

It seems like it is another way Grant Morrison is unifying all the different interpretations of Batman by bringing Lord Death Man into mainstream continuity for the first time.
    Ha! I've got the Bat-Manga book here and i didn't even notice that. I found the sections on merchandise more exciting than the stories, to be honest. I found the lettering in the comics to be a little off-putting, wasn't keen on that at all . . . and now that i think of it, there's an explanation / justification about that in there somewhere, isn't there? I'll pull it out later and have a look.