Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CBR TV: Sterling Gates

DC Comics writer Sterling Gates stopped by CBR TV to discuss his time spent working on "Supergirl," what it was like working on "War of the Supermen," the challenges of writing "Bizzaro-speak" and much more.

Full article here.

Default Pretty balanced view of things.

My intial thoughts after viewing this is that it is a defense of the years worth of Superman stories that many fans were disappointed with.

My second thought is if he's going off Supergirl...where is he going and who is taking over?

Investigative Reporter srhanson's Avatar

Yeah, it does sound like he's looking to let Supergirl go. Which is too bad because he and Igle have been a great team for her book. I'm nervous about who will follow them.

BANNED

I really respect him as a writer, and I like what he's done with Supergirl. But I can't help buy scoff over his comments on New Krypton.

For myself I really enjoyed New Krypton as a whole but I can see that this constant meta-event spilling over five monthly books could gotten tiresome ( I did at first but really enjoyed the stories as soon as I read them). This is not the same economy as the nineties. Nice interview

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Saxon View Post
    I really respect him as a writer, and I like what he's done with Supergirl. But I can't help buy scoff over his comments on New Krypton.
    Well, he's kind of in a no-win situation there. Should he bad mouth it and get in trouble at work?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Default Based on the latest news...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Well, he's kind of in a no-win situation there. Should he bad mouth it and get in trouble at work?
    I agree with you, but it sure seems like he's getting kicked off the book to me.
    I think the interview would have been a little different if he was leaving voluntarily. And...it seemed like he was being forced to say nice things about Johns and Robinson. But that is an impression and you can't put a whole lot of credence to it.

It's funny, now that we know who is taking over, I can't see the new team doing as good a job. In the old days if a team was doing a good job, they stayed on the book. This change seems arbitrary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    He could be honest instead of towing the company line, for a change.