Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Activision Teases "X-Men: Destiny" at NYCC

Activision and Marvel Entertainment have announced "X-Men: Destiny," a new video game scripted by "X-Men: Legacy" writer Mike Carey to be released on consoles in fall of 2011.

Full article here.

Thumbs up

Cool! Just let me play as the other X-men...Please!
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

Mike Carey? Sold. I don't even play video games that much, but I'd be down for this. I hope the gameplay matches up!

The first thing I thought of when it mentioned "...deep element of choice..." was Mass Effect and ME 2. If they made this game similiar to that, instead of the standard action/super-hero fare, I would be on board ASAP.

I wonder if this game will have a create a character feature, since it is supposed to focus on new recruits. If that is the case, then I'm sure people will be able to create their favorite real X-Characters to play as. :)

sounds pretty awesome, I'll have to check it out at Con this weekend.

Hope they reveal the shadow people soon. Though some of them are easy to figure out.

Picture Book Liker

Hopefully, Activision won't crap on its customers like it did with MUA2. Unlike just about every other X-Men/Marvel game, I think I'll wait for a few reviews before deciding to purchase this one. Still feeling kinda' burned.

I sat in on a market research panel about a year and a half ago at SDCC for the game. I still think now what I thought then -- I'd rather play as Wolverine, than Wolverine's friend that he refers to in generic, gender neutral terms.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    Hopefully, Activision won't crap on its customers like it did with MUA2. Unlike just about every other X-Men/Marvel game, I think I'll wait for a few reviews before deciding to purchase this one. Still feeling kinda' burned.
    "Every other" is right. First X-Men game was great, sequel made too many changes that were not improvements. Same thing with UA. Very discouraging.

If im able to join the Brotherhood Im sold

Activision needs to step up their game. (pun intended) They need to add more polish to their final games make them less generic beat 'em ups. Put some depth to it and some effort when do they lose the Marvel license already?

Not interested in creating my own mutant would much rather have a game where you play as established characters IMO.

I love the idea of creating my own mutant! I just hpoe this isn't another sequal to the half-assed legends series.

I'm a HUGE comic fan but I didn't even buy MUA2 because it was obvious that they have no intention of making a quality game. They just tweak the graphics a tiny bit, mix up the power animations and throw in some mix of new characters and crap out a happy meal of a game. The animation always sucks and there's never any depth to anything. I've been wondering when Marvel was planning on licensing out their props to some game developers that actually make good games.

If this is another BS attempt then I'm out but if they actually try to add some worthy content and a custom hero feature... I might be in.

Batman Arkham Asylum changed the standard and anything less than that kind of an effort, in whichever way they decide to do it, should be punished.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

An X-men game like KOTOR and ME. Sold.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Mike Carey? SOLD. So long as no one is in Ultimates costumes again LOL it's all good! Mainly a 616 / M2 guy. Looking forward to the Marvel Video Game panel on Saturday! NYCC is too beastly this year!
    Currently Enjoying: Amazing Spider-Man, Justice League, Mega Man, Skull-Kickers, Shonen Jump
    Looking Forward To: Street Fighter Origins Akuma and the next Berserk volume