Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Ozma of Oz" #1

Marvel Comics has released an advance look at "Ozma of Oz" #1, the next Oz series from the critically acclaimed team of Eric Shanower and Skottie Young debuting in sotres Wednesday, November 3.

Full article here.

Collected The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and The Marvelous Land of Oz. Good reading and pencils. I will be on board for this as well.
    Pull List:
    Incredible Hulk,Hulk,Punisher Max,Ultimate Spider-Man,Amazing Spider-Man,Thor,Captain America,New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men,XForce

Awesome! I like Young's design for Tik-Tok. I can't wait to see how he draws the Nome King.

Yes! Cannot wait for this. Truly a landmark version of this series. Art awesome, and faithful writing. Great.

Junior Member Stuck-in-the-Burg's Avatar

I am very excited but I hope they stop after this one. The Oz books get really repetative.

Still, it looks great and I will be buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuck-in-the-Burg View Post
    I am very excited but I hope they stop after this one. The Oz books get really repetative.

Still, it looks great and I will be buying it.
    Oh I hope they at least get to do some of the stories that include the Shaggy Man, the Patchwork Girl, Polychrome the Rainbow's daughter, Captain Bill, Kiki Aru and the Frogman.

The Road to Oz, The Patchwork Girl of Oz, TikTok of Oz, The Lost Princess of Oz and The Magic of Oz all have some really awesome moments that I'd love to see in this style.

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    Oh I hope they at least get to do some of the stories that include the Shaggy Man, the Patchwork Girl, Polychrome the Rainbow's daughter, Captain Bill, Kiki Aru and the Frogman.

The Road to Oz, The Patchwork Girl of Oz, TikTok of Oz, The Lost Princess of Oz and The Magic of Oz all have some really awesome moments that I'd love to see in this style.
    Hopefully if we keep buying Marvel will keep up the series. I would love to see those stories in comic format.
    Pull List:
    Incredible Hulk,Hulk,Punisher Max,Ultimate Spider-Man,Amazing Spider-Man,Thor,Captain America,New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men,XForce

I'm currently working my way through all of Baum's Oz books. I'm almost done with The Patchwork Girl of Oz. I have to say that each book, though a bit repetitive in ways, brings some interesting and entertaining characters and surprises.

Anyway, while it's awesome the adaptations have come this far (let's face it, most of us thought it would just be the first one and that's it), it is quite a big commitment for Shanowner and Young if they tried to do all of them. Fourteen eight issue minis. Of course, it's also pretty steady work for a couple of freelancers. Anyway, these guys know what they're doing and I'm sure they'll stop when the time is right.

You were saying? Vegetarian Goat's Avatar

The Patchwork Girl of Oz is the one i want to see the most, after Ozma of Oz. Those have been my absolute favorites ever since i was a little kid.
    Check out Comic Book Dude & Vegetarian Girl at http://www.veggiegoatcomics.com!