Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: BREAKING NEWS: Comic-Con Stays in San Diego

The long wait is now over -- after months of speculation as to whether the convention would stay in San Diego or move to Los Angeles, Comic-Con International has announced San Diego is their home through 2015.

Full article here.

So three or four more years and we get to go through the same pseudo-drama. Yay!
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    So three or four more years and we get to go through the same pseudo-drama. Yay!
    Maybe next time someone won't get stabbed in the eye in the negotiating year.

BTW, what happened to that case? Is the guy serving time, and if so, how much?

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Maybe next time someone won't get stabbed in the eye in the negotiating year.

BTW, what happened to that case? Is the guy serving time, and if so, how much?
    He became a Biro spokesman.

This just in: Things to stay the same.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    This just in: Things to stay the same.
    Yeah, I dug the title too.

BREAKING NEWS: Nothing's changed!

Wow. Look what I wrote.

We all have our gripes about the event having outgrown the venue, but I'm happy about this.

San Diego is an integral part of Comic-Con's character. Even if they found a better venue, it wouldn't be the same experience--at all. Plus, it would take decades for a new city to embrace Comic-Con like San Diego has.

Although I could do without the Saturday night skeezoids when I'm trying to get my nerd on.
    Cayman: "Colostomy bags are great for long movies"
    I'm a bakla for Bakla.
    (It's a disgusting love story. Just humor us, folks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nobs View Post
    We all have our gripes about the event having outgrown the venue, but I'm happy about this.

San Diego is an integral part of Comic-Con's character. Even if they found a better venue, it wouldn't be the same experience--at all. Plus, it would take decades for a new city to embrace Comic-Con like San Diego has.

Although I could do without the Saturday night skeezoids when I'm trying to get my nerd on.
    I agree that it wouldn't be the same experience, but when did San Diego begin to embrace Comic Con? My big gripe is that the hotels way of embracing Comic Con is to jack their room rates up to the sky's the limit for comic fans. The reason San Diego was freaking out was because they finally understand the valuable cash cow the San Diego Con has become.

It's not me, It's you

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    I agree that it wouldn't be the same experience, but when did San Diego begin to embrace Comic Con? My big gripe is that the hotels way of embracing Comic Con is to jack their room rates up to the sky's the limit for comic fans. The reason San Diego was freaking out was because they finally understand the valuable cash cow the San Diego Con has become.
    If it didnt embrace it, it wouldnt have lasted 40 years.

SDCC has become a monster only in the last half of this decade. Early 2000's you could still walk the main exhibit halls comfortably without bumping into someone every couple steps.

This 3 year extention will help sell the city on expanding the ConCenter, not only to keep SDCCI but attract other high profile conventions and create or expand current ones (the car show for example).
    Last edited by IamBATFAN; 10-01-2010 at 10:31 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I remember that this year talk was that they wanted the city to make the Convention Center bigger . Since theres way more traffic than it can handle. And the convention can sell more tickets too.

In all not a bad plan if they are doing this. The revenue Comic-Con brings the city is big,
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.