Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Cup O' Joe - Sep 27, 2010

In the first part of a week-long Cup O' Joe special, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada takes fans inside the history re-writing "One Moment In Time" storyline and everything it did to Spider-Man's life.

Full article here.

Dying Wish goes "Boink" Farmernudie's Avatar

Joe Quesada: Remember the twist I mentioned at the beginning of this conversation, this is what I was talking about. MJ unknowingly beat Mephisto at his own game. By agreeing to MJs terms, Mephisto has actually wiped himself from ever having been involved in their lives. In fact, looking at it linearly, those four issues never happened. Along with the wedding, "One More Day" and Mephisto have been wiped out of continuity and Peter and MJ never made that bargain.
    oh yeh, Joe is soooo brilliant to retcon his highly hated retcon out of existence with this "domino pigeon" retcon.

And i love how he clarifies MJ is the "hero of the story"....which we had a poll here about previously, who, if anyone, was the hero, since Joe said previously "Pete stood around and did nothing"

Also like how joe admits he couldn't think of anything good or earth shattering for what the whisper was....lol

Ok....Superior Spider-Man is kinda interesting, i admit....that being said....i miss Peter Parker and that there isn't a "real" spider-man monthly being published

Just Sayin'

Well that answered a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff people argue about over and over on here. It seems weird for JMS to try and change the story to something that wasn't agreed upon. I mean really, change Spidey continuity back to issue 98? Thats crazy!

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Farmernudie View Post
    oh yeh, Joe is soooo brilliant to retcon his highly hated retcon out of existence with this "domino pigeon" retcon.

And i love how he clarifies MJ is the "hero of the story"....which we had a poll here about previously, who, if anyone, was the hero, since Joe said previously "Pete stood around and did nothing"

Also like how joe admits he couldn't think of anything good or earth shattering for what the whisper was....lol
    And what would you suggest he do in that situation? Really? Hes thinking JMS is writing this how it was agreed upon then he gets the script and its totally different. If it would have been written right in the first place, we wouldn't have needed OMIT.

Wow. I will give JQ props for admitting that things were not hunkey dorey.

Sounds pretty stressful, but I find it unbelievable after all that preparation and buildup, they really didnt have a proper story to go with even half way through OMD.

The Nefarious one...

Not comics, it's Vertigo. noh-varr's Avatar

Oh good thing Spider-Man no longer made a deal with the devil, but everything else still not being in continuity, meh.
    Noh-Varr Reviews: The Silence of Our Friends by Mark Long, Jim Demonakos, and Nate Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Quesada
    Remember the twist I mentioned at the beginning of this conversation, this is what I was talking about. MJ unknowingly beat Mephisto at his own game. By agreeing to MJs terms, Mephisto has actually wiped himself from ever having been involved in their lives. In fact, looking at it linearly, those four issues never happened. Along with the wedding, "One More Day" and Mephisto have been wiped out of continuity and Peter and MJ never made that bargain.
    Didn't they do this in Star Trek?

Alternate timelines and alternate realities give me such a headache because they both did and didn't happen.

Somewhere out there--in another life--there's a Peter Parker who is still married to MJ, never made a deal with Mephisto, and has recently lost a dear aunt...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by noh-varr View Post
    Oh good thing Spider-Man no longer made a deal with the devil, but everything else still not being in continuity, meh.
    What, the marriage? Everything else still happened.

BANNED

Joe Quesada: Remember the twist I mentioned at the beginning of this conversation, this is what I was talking about. MJ unknowingly beat Mephisto at his own game. By agreeing to MJs terms, Mephisto has actually wiped himself from ever having been involved in their lives. In fact, looking at it linearly, those four issues never happened. Along with the wedding, "One More Day" and Mephisto have been wiped out of continuity and Peter and MJ never made that bargain.
    That would have been nice if it was actually mentioned in the friggin' story and not left up to speculation, wherein the writer had to clarify it in an exit interview.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    That would have been nice if it was actually mentioned in the friggin' story and not left up to speculation, wherein the writer had to clarify it in an exit interview.
    I thought that was obvious, especially with Wacker coming in the issue threads and confirming bits and pieces.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    I thought that was obvious, especially with Wacker coming in the issue threads and confirming bits and pieces.
    If it was obvious, then they wouldn't have had to verify it in the threads.

Don't care, I've bought comics since summer of '88 (west coast avengers #39)

But as a result of "Brand New/One More Day" my last Spider man comic was bought during Civil War, and I don't regret it

I mean come on, they resurrected Kraven, what more proof do you need that they have run out of ideas?

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    If it was obvious, then they wouldn't have had to verify it in the threads.
    Well maybe not obvious for some.....

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farmernudie View Post
    so basically I got it right. Well I and Stillanerd, since we said that was what was happening about 3 years ago.

Congrates Nerd.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bathawk1 View Post
    Don't care, I've bought comics since summer of '88 (west coast avengers #39)

But as a result of "Brand New/One More Day" my last Spider man comic was bought during Civil War, and I don't regret it

I mean come on, they resurrected Kraven, what more proof do you need that they have run out of ideas?
    are you reading the book?