Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Chris Evans As Steve Rogers

The first in-character photos of the actor set to be Captain America hit the web as Chris Evans dons his best Depression-era duds for a flat-footed chase scene in Manchester, England.

Full article here.

Sweet merciful Zeus! He looks J..A..C..K..E..D!!!! Alongside Hemmingworth & Downey Jr., Evans is going to round out scary, rough & tumble Avengers.

I know, hey!

He's been doing some very serious bulking up.

I have to say that for a variety of reasons - and a number of them were that I felt he was a tad lanky for the role - I felt he was not the best choice for the role, but sweet Jesus he looks absolutely perfect physically.

He almost looks like he was drawn by Dale Eaglesham and just stepped out of Steve Rogers Super Soldier.

I am now really hoping that all this training and working out/bulking up was done after they filmed his pre-serum scenes - because that would be perfect.

Because of these photos I have a tad more faith in this movie. I had plenty already - mainly because I think Joe Johnston is totally at home in the era (Rocketeer was an overlooked joy, by everyone but us geeks), and because Joss Whedon did some script-doctoring.

If Chris Evans actually does some better acting than I have seen in the past, then this film just might be bloody fantastic.

Wow, doesn't look anything like when he was Johnny Storm. Good show.

Whoa...definitely don't have that feeling of "He looks nothing like Steve Rogers anymore"...
    Live Comics. Love Comics.

"Don't ever be afraid to be a fan." - Jason Aaron

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PympMyQuinjet View Post
    Whoa...definitely don't have that feeling of "He looks nothing like Steve Rogers anymore"...
    I know. He really looks like he stepped out of the comic.

Oh my god!

He looks just like him!!

Damn. Nice to know he's taking the role seriously, have more faith in the Captain America movie now
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

This is great! Except for the idiot expression on his face in the lefthand photo this looks absolutely perfect. Way to go marvel! This is just the direction that the film needed to go!

he looks like captain america drawn by mike mayhew. yes, i have an ounce more of faith in this movie. it's just that way he talks, i don't know what it is but sometimes it really annoys me. i'm being a stickler. i guess you can strike up one more optimistic fan.

Well paint me purple and call me Barney he LOOKS the part, but the test is if he where to tell me to storm the beach at Normandy and I suddenly find myself biting the ear of a Nazi machine gunner THEN I will be convinced.

Mind you he was pretty damn good in Scott Pilgrim. I know it's a different role but it's a different role altogether proving he has some scope.

I have more hope for this than Thor.
    Last edited by lead sharp; 09-24-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

that's funny. i haven't yet seen any apologies from the people who said that he couldn't physically be convincing as Steve Rogers. i remember pointedly asking them if they would apologize; should they be proven wrong.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Wow...he actually looks like Steve Rogers. Its like they ripped his haircut straight from the comics.

is he on a break or are those depression era style duds on? because if they are, i'm not impressed. his shoes look correctly shabby but he looks like a model from the ankles up.

impressive bulk up though.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsimons1 View Post
    is he on a break or are those depression era style duds on? because if they are, i'm not impressed. his shoes look correctly shabby but he looks like a model from the ankles up.
    He's not wearing shoes. Those are flesh colored prosthetics. He's supposed to be barefoot.

I actually think he may be a bit too ripped.