Page 81 of 133 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I now ship Catwoman with Vibe. Does anyone else?
    Haha wow. No. I do think he's the 2nd best thing about JLA tho.

Oh that series looks soooooo good. I already prefer it to New52 Catwoman. We need more Adam West and co. in our lives.

I now ship Catwoman with Vibe. Does anyone else?
    But he's totally crushing on Stargirl!

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    But he's totally crushing on Stargirl!
    I think Vibe getting with Stargirl is more likely but hey, let's have some fun! I think they'd play off each other well, better than Trevor and Green Arrow.

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Haha wow. No. I do think he's the 2nd best thing about JLA tho.
    Selina has her eye on Steve. Can't blame her

Well now that JLA's come up, what do you guys think? Do you think any meaningful character developments will happen in her own series? I'm thinking they'll be reserved for JLA.

Well now that JLA's come up, what do you guys think? Do you think any meaningful character developments will happen in her own series? I'm thinking they'll be reserved for JLA.
    I know I'm the only one who has anything nice to day about issue 18, and I don't think there will be much about synching up between the two books, but I am still anticipating falling out with Gwen over the Penguin and whatever is being set up with Trip and Alvarez (though I'd be surprised if they interact).

That said if by "meaningful character development" you mean interaction with other heroic types, that will probably be in JLA. Whatever is next between her and Batman will probably involve the upcoming Trinity War.

I'm hoping for some Catwoman/Pandora interaction. Preferably around the time Catwoman meets the Huntress, though I have no idea what book that will be in.

I think Vibe getting with Stargirl is more likely but hey, let's have some fun! I think they'd play off each other well, better than Trevor and Green Arrow.
    I can see why you'd say that. The difference in experience between Vibe and the older guys is pretty great, and I would like to see her interacting with more of an innocent.
    Last edited by LostinFandom; 03-22-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Yeah I guess issues only relevant to Catwoman's solo series would be resolved in the solo series. I just can't imagine anyone wanting pick up where Ann leaves off, making everything kind of pointless. Unless you're actually enjoying it.

The 60s Comic will be by Jeff Parker, so don't worry about Nocenti getting in on it.

As for Vibe...I think if Johns writes her right (IMO, at least), she'd probably frustrate the hell out of him for kicks. "I think you're trying to seduce me, Miss Catwoman."

Geoff will call the shots and even if she only has a page or two in the JLA, it will be the tail wagging this dog. Forget about meaningful character development. It's 18 issues in and that has yet to happen. I'm all for a reboot ala Arrow. They could go the route of exposing this Selina that Nocenti's writing as an impostor and just cancel the book if they can't overhaul it with a new team. That's the only way to salvage this character

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Geoff will call the shots and even if she only has a page or two in the JLA, it will be the tail wagging this dog. Forget about meaningful character development. It's 18 issues in and that has yet to happen. I'm all for a reboot ala Arrow. They could go the route of exposing this Selina that Nocenti's writing as an impostor and just cancel the book if they can't overhaul it with a new team. That's the only way to salvage this character
    Have you noticed that Sonja Oback colors her with blue eyes in both books? I only mention this because I hoped for the same but had them dashed in this week's JLA.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Anyone have a scan of Catwoman's shining heel in Justice League of America #1? It was just about the best Catwoman panel since the New 52 started.

http://www.darkknightnews.com/wonder...-access-panel/

“The hard part of this stuff is that everything is a secret, they kept throwing things at me. A lot of it was really fun, they threw me into the vault with all the toys and let me play with whatever I want. Then she (Catwoman) joined the Justice League. She’s an accidental hero. She’s an antihero. She’s a thief. The idea that you’ll suddenly put her on a team when she does heroics? That felt a little odd. A lot of fun I’m having is just feeding off what Rafa is doing and heading down roads I think will visually inspire him. I think that his approach to action is layered with — sometimes it feels ‘Three Stooges,’ sometimes it’s brutal and heart-wrenching.”- Nocenti
    Three Stooges? May I lock her in a vault and throw things at her too?

Nocenti says of her initial time on the Catwoman series is that she dealt with whatever was given to her by DC Comics. As we all know, that Judd Winick (first writer of Catwoman) left mid-arc leaving Nocenti with some sketches of a script. Ever since then, Nocenti has been trying to deal with the editors and what DC Comics wants for Catwoman. This is not to say she is forgiven for making such a mockery of Catwoman in Issue #0 or the other issues after “Death of a Family.” However, she has to improve her work and make fans want to read Catwoman again. There are still editorial mishandling at DC Comics.
    Is this what they call womansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    The language in the second paragraph would suggest that her time on Catwoman is over, which would be the most awesomest news ever. However in the first paragraph she speaks of working with Rafa in the present. So boo.

It does kind of seem that everything we've seen thus far has been editorally mandated. Maybe had she been able to do what she wanted it might have turned out differently. Katana is a marvelous book.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Anyone have a scan of Catwoman's shining heel in Justice League of America #1? It was just about the best Catwoman panel since the New 52 started.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.