Page 9 of 133 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Incase you missed it from CBR's front page, Catwoman will have a short on the Batman: Year One DVD. With this DVD and Arkham City both releasing October 18 it's going to be an expensive day for Batman/Catwoman fans. Full article here.

Awesome!This may make getting Year One worth it to me.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Really? I thought you were one of those complaining about her zipper being too low. Sorry, my mistake

As far as pushing the sexual envelope, it will depend on whether it's clever and well done -- i.e. not something blatantly exploitative like the Bronwyn Carlton women in prison story that caused her first volume to tank.

Another thought, maybe they can direct the sex and violence towards the men for a change. Like having her castrate someone with her whip or trample on someone's nuts with a stilletto. What do you think?
    My whole thing with that was that she's a tease to the nth degree--I think for her to zip down her suit to that level, she would have Batman chase her across half the city, maybe even scratch him a time or two.

Now, I haven't read anything by Carlton, but I'm looking at pages and it looks like it was over-the-top and weirdly sexual in general--like, who in their right minds would end up in a solitary confinement cell in a dirty prison and decide to strip naked and then try to break out while naked? As long as it actually MAKES SENSE in the story, I can dig it.

As for the suggestion on sexual violence on men...as a guy, the description just makes me flinch on general principle, but, if a dude she's facing deserves a stiletto to the nuts, he deserves a stiletto to the nuts.

Incase you missed it from CBR's front page, Catwoman will have a short on the Batman: Year One DVD. With this DVD and Arkham City both releasing October 18 it's going to be an expensive day for Batman/Catwoman fans. Full article here.

Oh yes, definitely looking forward to this.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Double post

I don't know if people already saw this -- I don't really bother with The Dark Knight Rises threads so it was probably posted there -- but they confirmed that Anne Hathaway will be performing as Catwoman in the new movie, and that she will wear the suit WITH GOGGLES. (!!) I was very happy to hear this since I love the goggles costume and I think this will be the first time it's used on the big screen. The Nolanverse has done such a stellar job adapting all of Batman's rogues so I can't wait to see what the Catwoman costume looks like.

EDIT: here ya go:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_886381.html

"Anne's outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies," a source very close to the costume design told the website. "She will definitely be wearing the goggles and it's going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman costumes. She's going to look more like a robber... But fan boys shouldn't be worried. This costume is going to be form-fitting enough to make Anne look smoking hot."
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

Catwoman's my girl! I am excited for all the Cat-related stuff we're getting: a new solo ongoing, Year One, and her own animated short. Next year we'll get The Dark Knight Rises and hopefully a bunch of new Catwoman books.

So I jumped on the blog bandwagon. It is intended to be a gothamspoilers-lite for the ladies of Gotham City, not Catwoman specifically. It's still really new, I've only got a few posts up so far and I'm nowhere close to the final design.

Planned features will be news posts as they come up, reposts of newsworthy creator tweets, light reviews of weekly comic book releases, daily fan art, panel or page of the week (haven't decided which), and whatever else comes by that's worth passing along.

Current books covered are Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens. After September that list will expand to Batgirl, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Catwoman, Suicide Squad, and whatever becomes relevant down the line.

Check it out sometime. Send me a PM if you have any criticism as well. I'd like to make the most out of this little misadventure.

http://dynastybeech.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by ticklefist; 07-10-2011 at 01:48 AM.

ok, I just ordered Catwoman 0-94, 1000000 & Annuals 2-4...shipping to Germany alone was about $80...Comics, what have you done to me! -.-"
    pull list: Animal Man, Batman, Catwoman, Constantine, Deadpool, Green Lantern, Iron-Man, MLP:FiM, MLP:FiM Friends Forever, Scarlet, SSM, WatXM, Wonder Woman

Great blog, Dynastybeech!

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsadvocate View Post
    I have also been enjoying it, I've checked it out a few times. I like the fanart that's been put up. If I could make a criticism, though: More (written) content! I don't know if I'm in the minority, but what I like about blogs is reading opinions on things first, and looking at pics second. A mix is nice, but more commentary would be enjoyable, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenpenguin View Post
    ok, I just ordered Catwoman 0-94, 1000000 & Annuals 2-4...shipping to Germany alone was about $80...Comics, what have you done to me! -.-"
    Now don't do what I did and tear out all the double sided ad pages and the back covers =P

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsadvocate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csis View Post
    I have also been enjoying it, I've checked it out a few times. I like the fanart that's been put up. If I could make a criticism, though: More (written) content! I don't know if I'm in the minority, but what I like about blogs is reading opinions on things first, and looking at pics second. A mix is nice, but more commentary would be enjoyable, I think.
    Thanks guys :)

Thing about the written content is... well I don't think I'm really good at it. I'm doing reviews and an opinion piece here and there. This week were my first two reviews and I still need to figure out a process or formula. Things should improve in that regard as I get more comfortable with it.

Thing about the written content is... well I don't think I'm really good at it. I'm doing reviews and an opinion piece here and there. This week were my first two reviews and I still need to figure out a process or formula. Things should improve in that regard as I get more comfortable with it.
    Makes sense. I've considered starting a blog with comic reviews/opinion pieces, etc, but the idea of regularly posting things that, at the moment, I don't even write, is intimidating, so I have so far not. So, congrats on making the effort! I think it's off to a good start, and I'm sure the more you do it, the easier it'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by csis View Post
    That is what I do! I posted scans for another blog but I found that I felt more fulfilled when I posted reviews/discussion topics. I like interacting with other commenters and reading their thoughts.

Now don't do what I did and tear out all the double sided ad pages and the back covers =P
    don't worry, I won't...I've got bags & backing boards ready and waiting
    pull list: Animal Man, Batman, Catwoman, Constantine, Deadpool, Green Lantern, Iron-Man, MLP:FiM, MLP:FiM Friends Forever, Scarlet, SSM, WatXM, Wonder Woman

New comicvine video interview with Judd Winick here. Looks especially good at http://dynastybeech.tumblr.com !