Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1. Gurren Lagann (an anime that can drastically improve my day-by-day attitude deserves my favoritism).
    2. Cowboy Bebop (I don't appreciate animation often; but the fight scenes in Bebop are some of the coolest things I've ever seen).
    3. Samurai Champloo (Same ol' thing. Makes you love the three main misfits all the way to the end.)
    4. Serial Experiments Lain (Downright trippy... and a great opening song).
    5. Dragonball Z (A huge portion of my childhood was devoted to the censored version of this series; loved Dragonball and DBZ as a kid and still admire them to this day, despite their faults. Yes, there's a lot of constipated screaming... but damn it if there isn't character development).
    6. Black Lagoon (Come on, try and GUESS what this anime is about without looking it up on Wikipedia.)
    7. Death Note (one of the first "serious" animes I ever watched in one sitting. Plus watching geniuses fight each other is just fun.)
    8. dotHack Sign (long-winded and philosophical... feels very classical. The opening is amazing.)
    9. Yu Yu Hakusho (Everything I liked about Dragonball Z with the filler arcs taken out)
    10. G Gundam (TAKE THIS. MY LOVE, MY ANGER, AND ALL MY SORROW - cheesiness taken to the extreme, unusual dialogue, slow pacing, and still memorable)

Honorary Mention: Monster (I've been watching it recently, and when I finish it, it's probably going to be Number 5).
    - Project A-Ko. (I watched it when I was little and never saw the other two series ((it was like Tenchi Muyo; different universes)) but the breasts, animation, and fight scenes were all pretty entertaining).
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion (If I EVER finish watching the series past Episodes 19-20 and watch Rebuild/End of Evangelion, I might move this up.)
    - Fullmetal Alchemist. (Yeah.)
    - Inuyasha (THE first serious anime I ever watched - good old nights on Adult Swim. I could rarely stay up late enough to watch it, but sometimes I'd wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night and catch Midnight Run, and I remember humming along with Inuyasha's first opening/ending songs. Good times.
    - Higurashi: When They Cry. (The first anime to ever scare the sh-t out of me when I was still in high school.)
    - Big O. (Never watched all of it... but there was a scene where the main character lost his memory and went on this journey of self-discovery, and towards the end, he gave this outstanding aside that always stayed in my memory. One of these days I'll get around to watching it.
    - Girls Bravo (The first adult anime I ever watched ... never looked at bananas the same way again)
    - Haruhi Suzumiya (Guilty pleasure. I watched it to get an experience of a girly, high school anime and not feel hypocritical when I complained about them... instead, I got an engaging story that was telling the truth about itself from the start.)
    - Highschool of the Dead (Guilt-ier pleasure... first serious ZOMBIE anime I've ever seen, revolutionary perhaps. Great for the first few episodes... then it turns into pure fanservice. Still, for an anime about the apocalypse and not the post-apocalypse, it was pretty good)

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Point: Spirited Away isn't a series.
    Tch, you're right. Slipped my mind he was calling for series, not films. Rearranging the list.
    Last edited by Kamina; 01-13-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Point: Spirited Away isn't a series.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

thank you

no order.
    1. Outlaw Star- end dub
    2. Gundam Stardust Memory 0086- eng dub
    3.Full Metal Alchemist- eng sub or dub
    4.Gundam Seed- eng sub or dub i think
    5.Naruto no fillers included- eng sub ONLY
    6.Death Note- eng Sub
    7.Rurouni Kenshih- eng dub
    8.Mobile Suit Gundam- eng dub 0079
    9.Tenchi Moyo- eng dub
    10.Fist Of The North Star eng dub
    Last edited by Hardcase678; 01-16-2013 at 04:22 AM.

1 - Macross (original series) - the ultimate classic and Hikaru is more complex character than it first appears
    2 - Cowboy Bebop - a master piece
    3 - Cobra - coolest main character ever
    4 - Captain Harlock (84) - another extremely cool main character
    5 - Seto No Hayanome - funniest shit i have ever watched, seriously, that's insane
    6 - Gintama - extremely good comedy/adventure anime
    7 - Turn A Gundam - kinda steampunk ambiance, very interesting
    8 - Inuyasha - i'm more a Ranma and Urusei Yatsura fan when it comes to manga but the anime adaptation of this one is better
    9 - Gundam 00 - mighty swell entertainment
    10 - Lovely complex - my favorite love comedy, not maybe the funniest one but the characters are so damn lovable

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Olvia View Post
    i'm more a Ranma and Urusei Yatsura fan when it comes to manga but the anime adaptation of this one is better
    That's indeed a solid adaptation. And the more recent episodes who cover the last parts of the manga are just as good.

Good stuff. Funny thing is that Inuyasha is one of my least favorite Takahashi manga, way behind Ranma for example and even behind Rin-ne, but i just love the anime version.

No specific order:
    Ranma 1/2
    Hellsing
    Inuyasha
    Dragon Ball Z
    Sailor Moon
    Saint Seiya
    Magic Knight Rayearth
    Gundam series (I love Gundam Wing)
    Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman (a.k.a. G Force)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

*Special mention*
    Mazinger Z
    Astroboy
    Tenku no Escaflowne
    Slam Dunk
    Candy Candy
    Captain Tsubasa
    Crayon Shin-Chan
    Yu Yu Hakusho

Last edited by TomariS; 02-04-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Saiyuki (3 series), Patlabor, Gundam (00 and Turn A), Seto no Hanayome, Macross (original), Orange Road, Ranma 1/2, Space Adventure Cobra, Full Metal Panic (original and Fumoffu) and of course Gintama.

No specific order.
    Last edited by Omega Supreme; 02-05-2013 at 07:41 AM.