3. Rurouni Kenshin
    4. Soul Eater
    5. Cowboy Bebop
    6. Fade to Black
    7. Hajime No Ippo
    8. Gungrave
    9. Bleach
    10. Mobile Suit Gundam 00
    Last edited by Name_Killer; 10-04-2010 at 11:35 PM.
    "IN THE JAWS OF THE LORDS OF DEATH"
    "Heres my dowry for medusa hopefully she'll take my ring and be my bride"

1. Gundam Wing
    2. Full Metal Alchemist
    3. Rurouni Kenshin
    4. Soul Eater
    5. Cowboy Bebop
    6. Fade to Black
    7. Ronin Warriors
    8. Robotech
    9. Bleach
    10. Lupin
    GW: no, this is just one more installment in the vast saga, no different from several others. you'd have been much better off choosing the original Mobile Suit Gundam [Kidou Senshi Gundam]

FMA: no

RuroKen: the manga is far better than the anime

Soul Eater: barely heard of it. next.

Cowboy Bebop: not good enough to make this list

Fade to Black: barely heard of it. next.

Ronin Warriors: barely heard of it. next.

Robotech: this isn't even one series, it's three completely unrelated series that Carl Macek chopped to pieces and smashed random bits back together with a completely new script (and probably music).

Bleach: utterly generic and far too recent.

Lupin: deserves to be on this list, but probably higher ranked.

You do realize that is his list right? As in his personal taste.

And really, I laugh at anyone telling me that FMA doesn't belong in a top ten list.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    And really, I laugh at anyone telling me that FMA doesn't belong in a top ten list.
    Yeah, it wouldn't be in mine due to competition, but its certainly a quality series deserving of being one of someone's favorites.

I'd say the same about Bebop; fell off my list a long time ago, but still a really cool series.

I think my list still stands at:

1) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (as a whole; I like 2ndGig the most)
    2) Seikai no Monshou/Senki series (as a whole; probably like Senki I the most)
    3) Neon Genesis Evangelion (as a whole; Rebuild is kicking ass so far)
    4) Twelve Kingdoms
    5) Noein: To your Other Self
    6) Infinite Ryvius
    7) Rahxephon
    8) Record of Lodoss War (as a whole; would be higher maybe if they had ever made some proper adaptations of the novels)
    9) Now and Then, Here and There
    10) Vision of Escaflowne, although I also have a soft spot for Requiem from the Darkness.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yeah, it wouldn't be in mine due to competition, but its certainly a quality series deserving of being one of someone's favorites.

I'd say the same about Bebop; fell off my list a long time ago, but still a really cool series.

I think my list still stands at:

1) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (as a whole; I like 2ndGig the most)
    Only one that matters.

Don't know if the thread starter is the only one who is going to give his/her top 10 list. But if other posters are given the go ahead, I'd be willing to share mines.

Hmm...I think I'll throw a little twist on mine.

Yun Lao's Top Ten Classic Anime Series of All Time

Granted, some of these might not be my favorites, but these are series that I believe everyone should watch/have have tried to watched/ have at least heard of.

10.) Neon Gensis Evangelion
    9.) Dragon Ball
    8.) Tenchi Muyo!
    7.) Mobile Suit Gundam
    6.) Fist of the North Star
    5.) Sailor Moon
    4.) Cowboy Bebop
    3.) Lupin III
    2.) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    1.) Astro Boy
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

My List:
    • 1. Samurai X - OVA1
    • 2. Captain Tsubasa - 2000
    • 3. Fullmetal Alchemist - I admit, I still haven't watched any of Brotherhood, but this one on its own is very awesome
    • 4. SlamDunk
    • 5. Digimon Frontier - Really? Weakest? I found it the most enjoyable, they don't walk with their Digimons
    • 6. Naruto - Entire Season 1
    • 7. Eyeshield 21 - They should really adapt the rest of the manga series
    • 8. Detective Conan
    • 9. Dragon Ball GT - Yep, that one
    • 10. Bleach - I'm a superhero geek, and I love swords, this is a good use of both
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by penguin-in-leather-jacket View Post
    GW: no, this is just one more installment in the vast saga, no different from several others. you'd have been much better off choosing the original Mobile Suit Gundam [Kidou Senshi Gundam]

FMA: no

RuroKen: the manga is far better than the anime

Soul Eater: barely heard of it. next.

Cowboy Bebop: not good enough to make this list

Fade to Black: barely heard of it. next.

Ronin Warriors: barely heard of it. next.

Robotech: this isn't even one series, it's three completely unrelated series that Carl Macek chopped to pieces and smashed random bits back together with a completely new script (and probably music).

Bleach: utterly generic and far too recent.

Lupin: deserves to be on this list, but probably higher ranked.
    Clearly his personal tastes are wrong.

No Kings, No Queens Name_Killer's Avatar

penguin-in-leather-jacket, how do you barely ever hear of something, you either heard of it or not

Ronin Warriors? Thats a classic

Cowboy Bebop? Spacey-Jazz anime at its best and beautifully drawn

Fade to Black? Watch it, trust me.

Rurouni Kenshih? LEGENDARY, 'NUFF SAID

Soul Eater? Amazing fight scenes, and humor i actually found funny
    "IN THE JAWS OF THE LORDS OF DEATH"
    "Heres my dowry for medusa hopefully she'll take my ring and be my bride"

This is my list. Here are my top 10 favorite animes.

10. Aria
    9. Code Geass
    8. Clannad
    7. Fruits Basket
    6. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
    5. Fairy Tail
    4. Kaleido Star
    3. Reborn!
    2. Bleach
    1. Dragon Ball Z

A lot of them are as a whole with the exception of one. I could have specified the seasons but I just wanted to keep it simple. But I'll mention what for which. For Aria there is Aria the Animation, Natural, and Origination. Code Geass season one along with R2 (though I got a little bored with R2). Clannad includes the second season Clannad After Story. Higurashi (won't the rest of the title because its gibberish) plus Kai and the OVA Rei. Then Dragon Ball Z by itself because I don't feel like having plain Dragon Ball there as I didn't like it as much as Z.

Oh another thing. Reborn's name can also be said by its whole name, Katekyo Hitman Reborn. But I just chose to say the shorter way.

There are bound to be changes in the future. But for now my top 10 are whats good to me. I feel confident about most of the series.

1. Vision of Escaflowne - I'm a huge fan of this serious; I mean ridiculously so. Next to Hawkman, I probably own more Escaflowne merchandise and memorabilia than anything else, and considering the relatively small amount of Escaflowne merchandise out there, that's saying something.

Heartfelt story, lovable characters, unique mecha designs, interesting fantasy setting, unbelievably good soundtrack, and animation that still holds up to today's digital improvements. I'll love this series till the day I die (and hopefully beyond). What can I say? I'm a sucker for love stories.

2. FLCL - Boy, I don't even know how many times I've seen it, and I still don't completely understand it. Highly entertaining, though, and a terrific soundtrack, perhaps only outmatched by the quality of the animation.

3. Outlaw Star - First fansub I ever watched, so I think nostalgia plays a big part in its ranking. Nevertheless, really loved the setting and the characters; fantasy sci-fi is always a winner for me, regardless of the medium.

4. Ghost in the Shell: SAC (& 2nd Gig) - Counting them both as one complete series. Sue me! The Major's one of my favorite fictional characters, period. Beautiful visuals, deep storyline that you have to see more than once to appreciate, and another fantastic soundtrack from Yoko Kanno.

5. Noir - Intriguing mystery with a good pace, coupled with some nice action sequences set to a sometimes somber, sometimes energetic soundtrack, this series really surprised me with how entertaining it ultimately turned out to be.

6. Oban: Star Racers - I don't care if you don't consider it "technically" anime, I adored this series. I went into it expecting nothing more than another children's cartoon, and by the final episode I was balling like a little girl. Fantastic, underrated, under-viewed series.

7. Eureka Seven - Most of my favorites I find difficult to rewatch--as strange as that may sound--and I've only made it through this one twice. I first viewed E7 at a very difficult time in my life, and it actually helped me get through it. Considering I'm living now with constant pain that no one can seem to properly diagnose, it might be time to sit down for a third viewing.

Loved the characters, even if a lot of them at first come across as self-serving jerks, and the story takes some NGE twists and turns without the head-scratching (at least from me, anyway).

8. Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team - I have a fondness for nearly all the Gundam series, but this one is my absolute favorite. The conflict and love shared between the characters carries the story from the outset, with an ambiguous and true-to-life view of war highlighted throughout. It doesn't hurt that some terrific action sequences help to hammer home the drama with an exclamation point. Norris Packard rocks!

9. Ergo Proxy - What I said about FLCL? Pretty much the same case here, although upon my last (third) viewing, I think I've pretty much got it. Terrific visuals make this one captivating upon first glance, while characters like Pino keep it both interesting and entertaining, even if you aren't always absolutely sure what's going on.

10. Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad - This one just really spoke to me about trying to live out your dreams amidst the complications of real life. As a former bassist in a band myself, I can't say it was ever something I wanted to do professionally, but I could definitely relate to the musical aspects of series because of it, and who can't relate to a young person trying to find their path in life, regardless of what their dream may actually be?
    Check out my Hawkman Blog:The Stonechat Museum!

If this was a top 10 manga series Vagabond was going to easily be No.1
    Maybe 2 or 3, cause there some adult material which I don't like in the series
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You do realize that is his list right? As in his personal taste.
    Well, the guy did claim that his list was the 'right' list, as in it being fact instead of an opinion.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia