Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Jersey Patriot View Post
    I'm looking into getting the back issues. I was wondering whether I should start with One More Day or Brand New Day?

I figure BND would be a better jumping on point since its the start of Spidey's current direction. But I just want some conformation from people who've read both.
    Yeah, like Mets said, Big Time's the best place to start.

Trust me, I liked parts of BND, but they pale in comparison to Big Time.

Hi everyone...

almost finished off an Amazing Spider-Man marvel pocket book which i picked up on the weekend called 'The Punisher Strikes twice' and am really enjoying it...

i loved the 90's spiderman cartoons and was an avide viewer in my childhood, this particular pocket book says it has The Amazing Spider-man (Vol 1) #129-135, Marvel Team-Up #22 and Giant-Sized Spider-Man and Deacula #1 in it.

i want to get a few more AMS reads and i hold some background knowledge but want to get into the comic scene and try to get a subscription... i was wondering what the best jump on point would be in terms of the AMS series is for me to start off my readings (also will be waiting for the DC reboot in september)

Cheers,

Larsson!

Default Hey guys! Neeed some help!

Hey, so I was thinking the other day, I really want to get back into the spiderman comics. I never was a die hard fan, I had a few "Amazing spiderman" issues, and "ultimate marvel team up" and was just wondering, whats the best approach to get into the spidey comics (:

Quote Originally Posted by chazman08 View Post
    Hey, so I was thinking the other day, I really want to get back into the spiderman comics. I never was a die hard fan, I had a few "Amazing spiderman" issues, and "ultimate marvel team up" and was just wondering, whats the best approach to get into the spidey comics (:
    Amazing Spider-Man #648 is a fantastic jump-on point. And it's reprinted in "The Big Time."

Beyond that, I'd look for the acclaimed self-contained reprints. And the most appealing collection of the silver age Lee/ Ditko and Lee/ Romita comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man #648 is a fantastic jump-on point. And it's reprinted in "The Big Time."

Beyond that, I'd look for the acclaimed self-contained reprints. And the most appealing collection of the silver age Lee/ Ditko and Lee/ Romita comics.
    I thought about this, and just wondered, which would be better, BND or 648?

Quote Originally Posted by chazman08 View Post
    I thought about this, and just wondered, which would be better, BND or 648?
    648 is more recent. So I'd start there. And pick up stuff from the BND era later.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Is it really worth to buy "one more day" or can i just start off with "brand new day"? I would get OMD only if its really worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernoulli View Post
    Is it really worth to buy "one more day" or can i just start off with "brand new day"? I would get OMD only if its really worth reading.
    It's probably not worth it.

The storyline is rarely referenced.

Some of the major questions aren't answered until years later.

BND is rather accessible.

And OMD is more about getting the characters from Point A to Point B. So if you're unfamiliar with the Pre-OMD status quo, there's less of a point to it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Thx, i just decided to start with BigTime now. Already ordered the TPB.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bernoulli View Post
    Thx, i just decided to start with BigTime now. Already ordered the TPB.
    welcome to the big time

Hey guys, i love spider-man and i have some spidey comics and i love them, i would like to start reading the modern series, so can anyone tell me wich series are the best? and the best website so i can buy. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyga View Post
    Hey guys, i love spider-man and i have some spidey comics and i love them, i would like to start reading the modern series, so can anyone tell me wich series are the best? and the best website so i can buy. Thanks!
    id start with ASM #648 (the beginning of the current writers run).

If you like trades go to amazon.com

if not ebay.com, milehighcomics.com, mycomicshop.com or midtowncomics.com are all good sites to purchase issues on.

Yeah, today i hit the BIGTIME! :D

Thanks! Can you give me a website so i can check the dates when the next comics comes out, and how many exist already.

Btw, what is this #648A,#648B its just different covers for the same comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyga View Post
    Thanks! Can you give me a website so i can check the dates when the next comics comes out, and how many exist already.

Btw, what is this #648A,#648B its just different covers for the same comic?
    yep 648A is the regular cover... B-D are variant covers.; all thats different is the art on the cover and the price. price is set by the rarity of the cover. 1/10, 1/20, 1/100 and so on.

as to where to go for release dates

if you want to stay here i do a listing of release dates and covers

click here

marvel.com is also another source but they sometimes fail to update in a timely fashion.

another is diamondcomics.com, they are the distributor of the weekly books... so that site updates you every week on what will be out in all of comics