Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by swampwater View Post
    Hey guys. I'm fairly new to Spider-man comics. I've went through the usual stuff to get started, but I was hoping you could help me find some specific comics.

I fondly remember The Lizard from the animated series in the 90s and I've also done some research and added "Spider-man: Torment" and "Spider-man: The Gauntlet - The Lizard" to my list. I was just wondering if there's anymore comics I should look in to buying that feature The Lizard. Ideally, I'd want to get comics from the late 80s up until the present. Not really a fan of older comics. Thanks!
    Lately there was a Lizard story called Shed. It is very good. The issues are Amazing Spider-man 630-633

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quique12 View Post
    Lately there was a Lizard story called Shed. It is very good. The issues are Amazing Spider-man 630-633
    thats the gauntlet story he mentioned.

I enjoyed Feral which was the Sensational Spider-man v2 first story arc.

So I have only cursory knowledge of Spider-continuity... I've read some Essentials volumes, and a bit of Ultimate Spider-Man. I couldn't help noticing the Clone Saga is being reprinted in what looks like its entirety... recommendations, anyone?

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal! View Post
    So I have only cursory knowledge of Spider-continuity... I've read some Essentials volumes, and a bit of Ultimate Spider-Man. I couldn't help noticing the Clone Saga is being reprinted in what looks like its entirety... recommendations, anyone?
    if you are going to read it the trade is the way to go... it crosses over so many individual books that its really hard to get them all.

As to whether youd like it or not... Cant say. Some love it, others hate it. Good luck.

edit-

also here is a link to a thread discussing them

I'm one of those guys who says it's not worth picking up. It's going to run you a few hundred dollars, and that money can be spent on a better mix of Spider-Man comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

was here

I think that the Clone Saga was one of the best Spider-Man stories ever read, and if you aren't too knowledgeable about Spider-Man continuity you may be likely to enjoy the story more because you won't be so bothered by any of the changes/deaths within the story.

As the question has come up before, I decided to set up a poll on the topic.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Default Humberto Ramos

Hey, I've only just recently started reading a few Marvel titles and have really enjoyed the pencil work of Humberto Ramos on The Amazing Spider-Man #648-650, #654 (actually, #648 was my 'jump-on point' with a Spider-man title). ...I really like Humberto's work so I looked up to see what other Spider-Man work he had done and saw the he pencilled The Spectacular Spider-Man #1-10 and #17-18.

So my question is, as a fan of Humberto's current work is it worth chasing down copies of his Spectacular Spider-Man run? What is the story (stories?) arc like? Good? Bad? Is the art similar to is current work? Some of the cover art looked weird: (http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/s...lar-spider-man

Cheers!

I don't know if I should ask this here or make a topic in the Ultimate section, but I'm looking for some essential reading on Ultimate Spider-Man. I have the first three graphic novels and I love them, and just yesterday I got all the Death of Spider-Man comics that are currently available and thought that was great too. I'm just looking for some story arcs I could go back and read that'll help me understand some of the main characters better (or just some overall great stories). Thanks in advance.

well for me, I love Ultimate Spidey. i'd recommend reading them all. but i'd read the Venom arc for sure. the Carnage one is definitely another one. Ultimate Six is a pretty good read. thats just for starters.
    If you'd like to review a Marvel or DC Comic, check out the forums over at http://www.outerrealmcomics.com/index.php/forum/index

Gamma Radiated She-Hulk Fan Man's Avatar

If you're daring and determined like myself ( ), you'll try reading Amazing Spider-Man from #1 and then onward to the modern age.

There are all sorts of ways to do this. . . the ASM DVD-ROM which has a huge digital collection of the comics. This is somewhat pricey, but if word of mouth is any indication, it is worth it.

Or you can buy "Essential Spider-Man", which are black-and-white reprints of the original comics on newspaper-textured pages. This is much more wallet-friendly than the DVD-ROM, and may be up your alley if you can tolerate lack of color.

You can buy both of those on Amazon.com.

I would say start with The Gauntlet. It was kinda the turning point re-introducing alot of Spider-Man's old villians. I found alot of the issues directly after the retcon to be kinda wonky with some of the villians being kinda meh but overall, I would say New Ways to Die was where you really saw the main shift into some really good stuff. I've been really enjoying Amazing the last three years.

My first was Amazing Fantasy #15. And I read it two months ago.

And reading from the beginning got me hooked. It really is a magnificent way to get the series. And with the Marvel Digital Comics Subscription thing, it's cheap too.

That would be my recommendation. Pay 10 for a month and you should be able to get through all 100 issues, and that'd run you much more than that even if you were just getting the "Essentials" volumes. The one downside to the digital comics is that you can't use them to catch ALL the way up. I'm frustrated right now because I've reached 100 and they start jumping around then (100, to 108-11, to 121-22, to 136+some, to 176). But I've always thought the best place to get a foundation was at the beginning, and you can do that with the digital ones.

I also picked up the first Big Time Trade and the comics since then, so I'm burning the candle from both ends, but Big Time was an awesome starting point too, since we've got a bunch of new parts starting.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

I started reading at Civil War. And then i went back and read some older stuff. I love Spidey.

What TPB's would you guys recommend to get for the current Amazing Spider-man? I have started with the most recent .1 issue but want to get some more back story. Thanks.