Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DHX View Post
    had a chat with a relative about this and he brought up something i never considered.

he claimed we can place the blame wherever we want but one of the hidden factors was the fact Wildstorm Became part of DC. when it became an imprint of DC it basically became part of the DC universe.

the one thing that has always struggled in the big two is alternate reality comics and alternate reality series. they can't seem to sustain mainstream universe numbers.

To sum up he claimed that Wildstorm Lost it's unique identity in the readers minds becoming another alternate universe and as usual when it comes to buying choices the majority went with the mainstream Universe.

I thought it intresting and he may be onto something.
    Well i think Ultimatum was the exception.

Care for a Jelly Baby? InSovietRussia's Avatar

It's a pity that Wildstorm gets killed off while the dreck that comprises most of the mainstream DC Universe keeps chugging along. (not counting the always-entertaining Booster Gold, that is) Oh, and here's an interesting little tidbit on DC's clueless mismanagement of WS over the years: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/09/...led-wildstorm/
    Last edited by InSovietRussia; 09-23-2010 at 07:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InSovietRussia View Post
    It's a pity that Wildstorm gets killed off while the dreck that comprises most of the mainstream DC Universe keeps chugging along. (not counting the always-entertaining Booster Gold, that is)
    I'm no longer reading Booster Gold (was never a fan of that JLI stuff) but I am enjoying quite a few of DC's stuff now days.

Oh, and here's an interesting little tidbit on DC's clueless mismanagement of WS over the years: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/09/...led-wildstorm/
    This is more of an inherent problem of what happens when DC acquired the imprint more than mismanagement.

I did agree here though;

This appears no longer to be the case. It’s been a long time coming, but it shouldn’t be a surprise. DC has been killing the Wildstorm Universe for quite some time under Paul Levitz. The brand is tainted. And no mouth to mouth resuscitation can save it. Dan DiDio and Jim Lee just put it out of its misery and pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by InSovietRussia View Post
    It's a pity that Wildstorm gets killed off while the dreck that comprises most of the mainstream DC Universe keeps chugging along. (not counting the always-entertaining Booster Gold, that is) Oh, and here's an interesting little tidbit on DC's clueless mismanagement of WS over the years: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/09/...led-wildstorm/
    Thats the real pity who cares about DCU Flash reboots and lame superheroes. I have always enjoyed WS more. Midnighter,Grifter and co was my kind of superhero. The Authority taking over countries thrilled more than the 1000th Final Crisis in DCU....

I geuss i was only spoiled in early 2000s by how great WS superheroes was. This is the negative side of having imprints. If they were Image comics where the creators needed the series to make money they would survive.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Bad news since i adored Wildstorm U superhero series because they were more mature,different than DCU.

Midnighter and co are awesome. Tragic to end like this.

DC dont know anything. They killed off Wildstorm long ago with that Morrison realese failure of their big superhero series.
    I never liked him on established characters. He made Helspont a collective consciousness, for crying out loud. Probably one of the badass villains in the WSI and he turns him into a drone.
    ♫ "I want to disturb my neighbor
    Cause I'm feeling so right
    I want to turn up my disco
    Blow them to full Watts tonight
    In a rub-a-dub style, in a rub-a-dub style"♫

I wasn't that keen on the Universe stuff, but I really liked some of their other miniseries like in the Wildstorm Signature Series. There's some real gold there.

I suppose that type of title could just go Vertigo, and DCU will absorb any of the worth Universe heroes. I'm guessing they'll just let go the video game licenses.

Was Sales a big fator in WildStorms ending

Quote Originally Posted by saidestroyer View Post
    Yeah. I'm seeing it right now. Cannon foder for Infinite Crisis II: Superbat-boy Prime Returns
    Yes, I'm afraid that is what's going to happen. "Hey we need some characters killed for this new Crisis?" "Well, we already killed all of our own 3rd tier characters in the last few years." "Hey, I still have a box of Wildstorm characters here!" "Great, kill them all!".

Well, at least I have my backissues. Wildstorm really died after the Eye of the Storm titles were cancelled. There were still some good titles afterwards, but they were so mismanaged by editorial (pulling Morrison off titles after releasing 1 or 2 issues? Yeah, that bodes well for your relaunch.) And DC's standard practice of rebooting the universe whenever they need a sales boost didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by pariah-1972 View Post
    Think of it like this Garth Ennis is not a big fan of superheros and tends to work on stuff that's very violent and cynical (except for Dan Dare apparently)

Warren Ellis on the other hand loves using real world technology like Nanotechnology and stuff you would find any popular mechanics into his plots and they usually are chock full of great dialogue and big plots.

Do they both do a lot of indie related work ? sure but that's were their similarities end -- oh and they are British.
    Well, Ellis is, Ennis is from Northern Ireland (UK, not Britain)