Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If Marvel picked you to write one title...?

If Marvel picked you to write one title what would it be & what artist would you want to draw your story?

For me I would love to write Dr Strange with Kenneth Rocafort (from Top Cow) as artist.

BANNED

Red face

I would write Fantastic Four quite quite happily for the rest of my life. Artists? Unless the King came back, I would settle for different ones every six issues or so, to keep a fresh look to the book. Every artist would get a chance to show us their FF version.

BANNED

Deadpool... and i'd write him more like Joe Kelly's version... not the annoying lunatic who has a penchant for guns and swords like how Daniel Way and co write him these days.

Artist? Skottie Young for that quirky, surreal, sorta nightmarish look.

Since Alan Moore rejected my overtures for him to pitch a Watchers Limited series. I will write it. With Aron, the Rogue Watcher absorbing the cumulative knowledge of all watchers when Utau believed that his energies would serve as the core around which to create a new "One", the sentient repository of all the Watchers' knowledge, whose predecessor had been destroyed by the Celestial Exitar the Exterminator.

Heroes from every multiverse would be involved. Including Crossgen. Icon characters--if their perspective creators wouldnt mind. (Scarlett, Criminal, Kick Ass, Nemesis, Superior, Cassanova, Kabuki, Powers, etc.) Soleil line. The Zombieverse. even The New Universe.
    Aron would call on all Baddies! Including those from the Marvel 666 UNIVERSE.

Featuring- The Frightful Four

Mr. Despicable
    Burn
    Wraith - Evil Sue
    Grim

The Infernal X-men
    Crimson Eye
    Phoenix
    Beserker
    Tempest
    Azazel
    Tomahawk
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Tough pick, I gotta say. It would probably end up being Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Captain America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Deadpool or Avengers.

The eleven-year-old boy in me would kick my current self square in the face if I didn't pick Avengers, though. Give me JH Williams III and any one of my dream rosters (let's just say Steve, Tony, Thor, Pym, Janet, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Black Panther and Nate Grey, for now) and I'm happy as a sow in its own mess.

That said, if it's any book from Marvel's stable of past publications, I'd want to try my hand at Cable & Deadpool, no question whatsoever.
    Last edited by Brother Justin Crowe; 09-20-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    I rule me.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Storm and T'Challa: Reign Supreme (ongoing)

Artist: Olivier Coipel, alternating arcs with Ken Lashley
    Colourist: Laura Martin
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Hmm...so many choices...

I'd probably go with a series about the Hellfire Club with art by Leanne Buckley.

Not exactly sure on the membership of the Club yet, but Sebastian Shaw and Selene would definitely be in there.

-Matt
    -
    FlamesRising.com - Horror & Dark Fantasy Webzine

Man, that's like asking me which kind of ice cream I'd like to eat today - there's really no wrong answer (except for Mint Chocolate Chip; gross).

I have X-Men related ideas, but mostly for the line as a whole, so I'd probably go with Amazing Spider-Man. I mean, it's basically one of the highest-profile writing gigs a writer can get, so how could someone turn that down?

However, if we're being realistic, Marvel probably wouldn't let some new writer just take the reins of their most popular hero; they'd want to see some work done in smaller-scale books. In that case, I'd LOVE to write either Runaways or X-Factor. I also have (what I think to be) a pretty fantastic idea for a new Defenders run that would simultaneously bring in many old-school readers of the classic title while also being completely fresh and relevant to newer readers. And if we're talking about brand new books, I've been playing around with an idea for a comic called The Axis, focusing on political aspects of the MU.

-Pav, who defies anyone to come up with a better "All-New, All-Different (uh, well, except for Jamie and Layla) X-Factor Investigations" roster...

I have a master plan for the Ultimate Universe. Which Includes erasing the Events of Ultimatum. and seeing the return of Ultimate X-men and Ultimate Fantastic Four plus introductions for A Young Ultimates Style team and also Ultimate X-23 and a couple of new characters have been plotting this for 4 years now.

New Titles would Include:
    Ultimate Universe Reborn 5 Issue Series Undoing events of Ultimatum
    Ultimate Academy
    Ultimate 4

Zodiac ongoing.

Either Michael Lark, David Aja or Nathan Fox on art.

I've always very much enjoyed writing the villain and Zodiac is (to me anyways) the best chance for a Marvel Joker-type villain. The fact he lacks powers of any kind while still presenting such a credible threat just gives me endless ideas with what to do with him.

NFL Super Pro the lost years.
    Pull List:
    Incredible Hulk,Hulk,Punisher Max,Ultimate Spider-Man,Amazing Spider-Man,Thor,Captain America,New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men,XForce

It's going to sound like a copout but I'd love to write Marvel Team-Up or something similar. A chance to write popular and obscure characters, done-in-ones or longer plots, spanning across the Marvel Universe's space and time. Get to play with different dynamics, different power and ability sets, lots of fun, dabbling in this and that. A revolving door of artists could be employed, and could give newcomers or first timers a chance to show off their stuff.

I have a few but my first choice would be Iron Man. I'd want George Perez or Bob Layton as my artist. My first arc would be Revenge of the Armored Villains.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Have to say as much as I love PunisherMAX, I would love too have a go at writing 616 Punisher, because I have yet in the last 5 years to see a writer get The Punishers character 'right' in the MU ....

Leinil Francis Yu doing the art,one of the few artists I think that can make The Punisher look great in his old outfit....

I'd also like to write Black Panther with Eaton on art. The first arc would be "Wakanda Declares War!"
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.